HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 15, 2011, 06:24 AM
Who put C4 on my S107???
Joined Apr 2011
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
Ok so...

I got the three bladed tail rotor from Ebay that was discussed earlier in the thread.
Not worth it. I'll stick with the tail rotor I got from Klippie.
The heli moves slower, even though it is a three bladed rotor.
Jim

Ps...the inner dia of the three rotor is a teeeeenie bit bigger than the tail motor shaft. I had to use a miniscule amount of ca to keep it from spinning.

All is well now though. I have the known high perf tail rotor installed
Did you make sure it was formed correctly? One of my PicoZ rotors and one of the rotors from my first order of three blades had one blade that had a slight curl and neither was fast like the others. Also, I haven't had to use CA on any of the blades I got from Klippie or the other fella. I just don't understand how you didn't get the same results that my friend Dave and I got...
DarkFall is offline Find More Posts by DarkFall
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2011, 02:28 PM
Joined Sep 2011
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
Otherwise, when you're done with it, give it to your favorite kid in your neighborhood and make a friend. Cheers.
he should just put it in storage or sell it. parents now days tend to scream and point pedophile at people who give cool presents to random kids.
stackz is offline Find More Posts by stackz
Old Sep 15, 2011, 02:59 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Aki View Post
Just got mine, but shouldn't of bought it really as i'm bored of it already. I've only flown it twice.

Can anyone confirm if this looks like the genuine article?

Also, i'm planning on flying it another couple of times and putting it in storage.
As Lipos should be stored at 50% charge (3.85v), does anyone have any idea how long I should time my flight from a full charge to roughly get to this voltage?
Cheers
Like Jake suggested about 4 minutes sounds about right. You should also run a cycle through it about once a month to keep the lipo healthy. Here is a site all you guys should put in faves about lipos. It even has some soldering tips (good for when it's time to replace the batt):
https://sites.google.com/site/tjingu...arging-how-tos

BTW, that looks like the real deal to me too.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Sep 15, 2011, 03:08 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,244 Posts
Darkfall,
Yes they look properly formed.
I did have to use ca on the three bladed rotor.
Klippie's rotor did not need ca. It is a nice, press fit.
This is on an s107.
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Sep 15, 2011, 04:38 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,830 Posts
Hey Guys, just an FYI. If you are looking for batts, I just got this in my email.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/3X-3-7v-240m...01.m7&_trkparm

Mike.
Old Sep 15, 2011, 09:55 PM
United States, IA, Fort Dodge
Joined Aug 2011
11 Posts
Man,things are good.....I always wanted to fly an rc heli,but back then,(10)years ago,they were so spendy and fragile I "just said no". Hell,even a light crash cost at least c-note,and ya had to be a mechanic/electronics expert to fix them. A few years back I saw the Airhogs at WallyWorld at a cheap price so I figured I'd try 'em out. They were great exept for an almost total lack of control. So I did what needed to be done,got a buddy to kinda get them hovering,then used a .22 to end the story properly.
About a month ago I stumbled on a review of the 107 and decided to try once more. If you had told me a few years ago you could get a well-built indoor rc heli for less than 30 bucks I woulda laughed. It still trips me out there's a little heli with great control,can handle some nasty crashes and still be able to easily land in the palm of my hand. Now,for less than the cost of a good night at the bar,I now own 2 s107s,a Firebird a sweet tool kit and lots of spares...and it all costs less than $100.
Yes,life is Good.
P.s.,if you're thinking about weather or not to get the Helizone Firebird,stop thinking and just do it. It's like comparing a 1966 Mustang fastback to a Shelby gt500kr. They both have the same base car,both start,stop,and turn,but the Shelby is just better. In my humble opinion,the Firebird is like a 107,but a little better in pretty much every way. So go ahead and treat yourself,it's only a 12 or so dollar difference and you'll see right away what I'm rambling about.
Gotta go folks,the wife is napping so it's time for some touch and goes on the cat!
SS427 is offline Find More Posts by SS427
Old Sep 15, 2011, 10:52 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,830 Posts
^^^^
Are you saying you want to sell the .22 Don't let wifey catch you doing touch and goes off the cat

Mike.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 12:26 AM
United States, IA, Fort Dodge
Joined Aug 2011
11 Posts
^^^

Sure I'll sell ya the .22,it's a stock Ruger 10/22. For a limited time I'll even throw in the cat!
Had to quit flying while Wifey is awake ever since she bought a tennis racket for "self defense".

Side note; the 107 will NOT survive an overhand shot from a Spaulding racket wielded by a less-than-amused spouse. Now if I could only find a really good heli that fires airsoft pellets! (Or a good divorce lawyer.....)
SS427 is offline Find More Posts by SS427
Old Sep 16, 2011, 02:42 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,367 Posts
Couple of hard crashes and still no TBE....got it down now!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ds6DvM4jk_Q
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Sep 16, 2011, 03:44 AM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss427 View Post
a few years back i saw the airhogs at wallyworld at a cheap price so i figured i'd try 'em out. They were great exept for an almost total lack of control. So i did what needed to be done,got a buddy to kinda get them hovering,then used a .22 to end the story properly.
lol ...
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Sep 16, 2011, 09:19 PM
Joined Sep 2011
2 Posts
Hey guys, I ordered a Gyro S107 about a week ago and got it yesterday. Flying it so far has been really fun but for some reason today the bottom rotor just started spinning extremely slowly and I'm not sure why. I'm not very educated on the subject but it looks like one of the gears is not turning as it should and I am not sure why. Anyone who knows anything that could help me please let me know, I'd hate to let this awesome little copter start collecting dust after only enjoying it for a day. Thanks!
placebo398 is offline Find More Posts by placebo398
Old Sep 16, 2011, 09:45 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by placebo398 View Post
Hey guys, I ordered a Gyro S107 about a week ago and got it yesterday. Flying it so far has been really fun but for some reason today the bottom rotor just started spinning extremely slowly and I'm not sure why. I'm not very educated on the subject but it looks like one of the gears is not turning as it should and I am not sure why. Anyone who knows anything that could help me please let me know, I'd hate to let this awesome little copter start collecting dust after only enjoying it for a day. Thanks!
Did you run the battery down to the point where you got no spin on the blades? In other words....full throttle and "nothing."

Mike.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:17 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,743 Posts
Placebo, if I understood you correctly, the bottom blades are spinning much slower than the upper blades. If that is the case, your heli probably won't lift off? And it's spinning on its skids? There are several possibilities that it might be doing that, and you need to narrow the problem down, so that you could fix it.

Looking at my S107, the lower blades are on the outer shaft of the coaxial, that connects to the top half of the gear box, and are driven by the motor in the front. What you want to do is to turn the lower blades by hand and see if it turns freely, or sticky. If it is sticky, check for debris. If the "stickiness" has a rhythm to it, meaning that if it sticks every few degrees of the rotation and the pattern repeats, you might have a broken pinion on the front motor. Otherwise, if it turns freely on at least one full rotation, you might have something that is slipping. While holding the gears with your fingers still, see if your lower blades could turn. If they could, something is slipping. Using divide-and-conquer, just try to narrow it down to where the slippage occurs.

I couldn't cover every possibilities, but I think this is enough to get you started. Try it, and if you're still stuck, share more of your findings with us, so we could help you better. Videos and photos help, too, if you're stuck.
Heli Pad is offline Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:36 AM
Joined Sep 2011
4 Posts
Part that slides over the Inner Shaft

Hello,

Do you know where I can purchase the black piece that slides over the main inner shaft? I broke the two tabs on that piece that hold the upper blades steady.

The only part I've found is the entire innershaft with that black piece.

Hopefully this is understood, if not I can post a graphic.

Thanks so much for any help you can give me!

P.S. This thing is extremely addicting!
NewSymaFlyer is offline Find More Posts by NewSymaFlyer
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:48 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,830 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSymaFlyer View Post
Hello,

Do you know where I can purchase the black piece that slides over the main inner shaft? I broke the two tabs on that piece that hold the upper blades steady.

The only part I've found is the entire innershaft with that black piece.

Hopefully this is understood, if not I can post a graphic.

Thanks so much for any help you can give me!

P.S. This thing is extremely addicting!
Welcome NewSyma. Xheli carries original Syma parts.
http://www.xheli.com/s107.html

Mike.