HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2011, 07:04 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,182 Posts
I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, but I have never heard of anyone breaking gears!!!!???!!!!
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2011, 08:34 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
I wasn't trying to be a smart ass, but I have never heard of anyone breaking gears!!!!???!!!!
Really?!?! I have broken the original which took quite a beating, and two replacements which broke upon the slightest impact. I searched this thread and found a post or two which discussed the exact same broken gear I have, so I'm not alone. I was not alarmed by a broken gear, stuff is gonna break in this hobby, but three in two days is excessive. I am concerned about getting replacements that are of original quality that will take a few light hits without breaking and the fact that you can only take these things apart so many times. I'm about ready to order a second S107 as a backup. On another note, I just got an S111G Coast guard that I love. I flew it once and put it on the shelf while it was still intact! Only problem with it is that it loses signal too easy from some angles and drops out of the air.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Last edited by shahram72; Sep 04, 2011 at 08:50 PM.
Old Sep 04, 2011, 11:38 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,182 Posts
You can get a complete 'parts' s107 from x-heli for only $9.
Old Sep 05, 2011, 12:26 AM
Who put C4 on my S107???
Joined Apr 2011
207 Posts
Quote:
Happens all the time, usually during a crash. BTW, I don't have to try, I am naturally a smartass... ; ) I'm sure you meant nothing by the comment, but sometimes you have to put yourself in the other guys shoes, before you press submit...
DarkFall is offline Find More Posts by DarkFall
Old Sep 05, 2011, 08:18 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,596 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkFall View Post
Happens all the time, usually during a crash. BTW, I don't have to try, I am naturally a smartass... ; ) I'm sure you meant nothing by the comment, but sometimes you have to put yourself in the other guys shoes, before you press submit...
He was just poking fun. No offence was taken.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Sep 05, 2011, 10:11 AM
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Dec 2010
534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shahram72 View Post
Can't help but think I'm wasting my time with this cheap crap
That was the conclusion I came to initially, especially after 2 107s died in 1 day. I also had a hell of a time with my cx2. Getting it trimmed and balanced, blades breaking when I crashed into couch pillows....
A few months later and I am glad I took the route I did into this hobby. I have an excellent understanding of how hard/expensive it is to maintain helicopters and how hard it is to fly even the "easy" ones well.
Now I mostly fly foam airplanes.
slim1357 is offline Find More Posts by slim1357
Old Sep 07, 2011, 04:58 AM
Joined Jan 2008
11 Posts
Hey guys, I am looking for a S107g that has a bad board. Mine has a good board, but that is about it, the rest of it is just worn out, and I can't justify the excessive shipping cost by retailers to deliver to me at an APO address. I mean, com'on, $10+ to ship to APO, when to a regular USPS address it is free? it don't take that much effort to print out a customs form.

Anyways, If you know somewhere to get a whole bird with a bad board, or have one you would sell to me, contact me please.
delamaize is offline Find More Posts by delamaize
Old Sep 07, 2011, 01:36 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by delamaize View Post
Hey guys, I am looking for a S107g that has a bad board. Mine has a good board, but that is about it, the rest of it is just worn out, and I can't justify the excessive shipping cost by retailers to deliver to me at an APO address. I mean, com'on, $10+ to ship to APO, when to a regular USPS address it is free? it don't take that much effort to print out a customs form.

Anyways, If you know somewhere to get a whole bird with a bad board, or have one you would sell to me, contact me please.
$9 from x-heli.com
Old Sep 07, 2011, 11:12 PM
United States, WA, Federal Way
Joined Apr 2011
112 Posts
Re: Syma S107 Helicopter

Syma S107G Coax R/C Heli + Kiss "I Was Made for Loving You" (4 min 34 sec)

Video showing the Syma S107G Coax R/C Heli buzzing around to the song "I Was Made for Loving You" by...o I know you've got to know this one by now...Take a whack at it anyway...

...if you guessed Brittany Spears, ¡¡¡NINGUNA MANERA HOZAY!!!
It's Kiss, silly!!!

This heli is not sound-sensitive; the audio may be ignored or even muted if it pisses you off.

That "LED Museum" sign is my Custom-Made LED Sign at http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/34/blsign.htm, those colorful moving things on the far wall are from my Reke 500RGB Stage Show Projector at http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/34/reke.htm and of course, my eval. of this cute and loveable (and might I say rather studly too!) little "helicopopter" is on my website at http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/33/symas107.htm
The_LED_Museum is offline Find More Posts by The_LED_Museum
Old Sep 08, 2011, 02:48 AM
Joined Jan 2008
11 Posts
Quote:
$9 from x-heli.com
thanks
delamaize is offline Find More Posts by delamaize
Old Sep 08, 2011, 03:05 AM
Joined Jul 2011
252 Posts
I love syma S107 jasmine
LightLake is offline Find More Posts by LightLake
Old Sep 08, 2011, 03:54 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,182 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_LED_Museum View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ryWCNwGkhM
Video showing the Syma S107G Coax R/C Heli buzzing around to the song "I Was Made for Loving You" by...o I know you've got to know this one by now...Take a whack at it anyway...

...if you guessed Brittany Spears, ¡¡¡NINGUNA MANERA HOZAY!!!
It's Kiss, silly!!!

This heli is not sound-sensitive; the audio may be ignored or even muted if it pisses you off.

That "LED Museum" sign is my Custom-Made LED Sign at http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/34/blsign.htm, those colorful moving things on the far wall are from my Reke 500RGB Stage Show Projector at http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/34/reke.htm and of course, my eval. of this cute and loveable (and might I say rather studly too!) little "helicopopter" is on my website at http://ledmuseum.candlepower.us/33/symas107.htm
You really have too much spare time...
Old Sep 09, 2011, 03:17 PM
Gone Flying.
Western NY
Joined Nov 2006
2,401 Posts
I own 4 of these little Syma heli's, no need to use more than 1 Tx, they all work off the same IR Transmitter. The others are still sitting in the original packaging. All my Syma's all flew perfectly out-of-the-box (I bought all mine from Amazon), no issues, so QC is good on these. I have the 107G, 108G (Marine Cobra), 109G (Apache), and the 111G (Coast Guard Rescue). Amazing how well they all fly indoors. They do fine outdoors at night or during calm evenings.

These coaxial Syma's easily rival (or best) the Blade MCx, which will set you back nearly 4x the cost. What's more fun is to power up all FOUR in a large room or gym, and fly them all at once!

They're selling for $15-$18 each on Amazon, and are a bargain at that price based on how well they perform. The small scale models look really sharp in the air, my 2-yr old is currently learning to fly the 107G. No modifications are necessary except for pulling the spring off the throttle stick. I've flown CCPM Align T-Rex heli's for years, so flying these Syma's was a no-brainer, really wish these were around a few years ago when I first got into RC heli's. Didn't realize the S107G had such a large thread on RCG...
ChrisWNY is offline Find More Posts by ChrisWNY
Old Sep 09, 2011, 05:14 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWNY View Post
I own 4 of these little Syma heli's, no need to use more than 1 Tx, they all work off the same IR Transmitter.
Please share your secret. I've been trying to switch 3 TX's with 3 S107's. I'm trying to put a package together for an 11 year old. I already got a badly damaged S107 in the air yesterday (still trying to work out some TBE) but the TX that came with it has issues. It will throttle up when you hit the half way mark on the TX. After that it is fine. My other two TX's won't bind to this heli I fixed up. And one of them is an R5 like the one I fixed up.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Sep 09, 2011, 11:14 PM
Scotland
Joined Oct 2010
291 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWNY View Post
These coaxial Syma's easily rival (or best) the Blade MCx
I totally agree I love flying my S107's but the first time you fly sideways with a 4ch......now if Syma ever comes up with a 4ch version of the S107 I don't think I'll be able to click "add to cart" quick enough...
Klippie is offline Find More Posts by Klippie