HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 02, 2011, 03:36 PM
S107, S026
Nashville, TN
Joined Aug 2010
140 Posts
stackz, could also be that the lower blades have slipped up the shaft a little and are no longer getting full power. They may be slipping on the shaft. The lower blades are a friction fit. Try pushing them down while holding the heli in both hands with your thumbs on the bottom of the heli between the skids. Then with your fingers on both sides of the main shaft push down on the lower blade holders. If it moves then your problem is solved, if not, check that the upper blades holding screw is not loose.
TSquare123 is offline Find More Posts by TSquare123
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 02, 2011, 03:53 PM
Joined Sep 2011
14 Posts
ok, I'm an idiot haha.

I had the charge light backwards. I thought if the usb charger wasnt lit up it was charged...sigh.

charged it up till the light came on and flipped it on and it flies like a charm...well mostly. trying to find the balance between it just keeping going up and then throttling back without it flopping on the ground is interesting haha.

anyway, all is well. also, if you have a usb charger for your phone you can plug into that instead of the computer if you want to. my droid charger worked fine for charging it up.

the fans still affect it "a little" but not a problem anymore
stackz is offline Find More Posts by stackz
Old Sep 02, 2011, 04:52 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,396 Posts
Glad to hear that all is well, and that you're flying your chopper. Phone charger is a good idea because you don't need to have your computer on. I don't like using my laptop USB to charge my battery, in case something should happen to it. Depending on the current that is available at your USB ports, the charge rate would be different. I found that out after using several different ports.

Happy flying.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Sep 02, 2011, 04:59 PM
Joined Sep 2011
14 Posts
yeah, usb 2.0 supplies more power as the devices have to be powered by the port versus old style usb which is more of a pass-thru type. I know my phone charger is a 2.0+ as it has to charge a phone and it charges at 1/4 the time it takes for my pc to charge my phone and 1/2 time the car charger takes.

flying time certainly doesnt feel like 6-7 minutes. seems I get about 3-4 minutes between charges and is it me or when you go forwards/backwards does it seem to go up in height or am I still learning?

should I take the throttle return spring out? I feel like I'm always fighting with it...
stackz is offline Find More Posts by stackz
Old Sep 02, 2011, 05:15 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,396 Posts
Throttle spring or not? It's a personal preference. I tried taking it out at first. Then I put it back in. One way or another, you'll get use to the throttle in a little bit. Forward flight in my S107 doesn't change the altitude much at all. When it does sometimes, you should be able to compensate it with throttle quickly. Don't worry, with a little time, it will come as a 2nd nature to you, just like driving a car.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Sep 02, 2011, 07:15 PM
United States, WA, Federal Way
Joined Apr 2011
112 Posts
Re: Syma S107 Helicopter

Syma S107G Coax R/C Heli buzzing around to the song "On the Radio" by Cheap Trick (4 min 34 sec)

This time, it's buzzing around to the Cheap Trick song "On the Radio" -- this was done to appease those who aren't metalheads and would not care for Metallica or Anthrax zax.

That "LED MUSEUM" sign is my Custom-Made LED Sign and those moving things on the wall are laser beams projected by the Reke 500RGB Stage Show Projector.
The_LED_Museum is offline Find More Posts by The_LED_Museum
Last edited by The_LED_Museum; Sep 02, 2011 at 07:27 PM. Reason: Oops...made a boo-boo at the end of the video. :-/
Old Sep 02, 2011, 09:41 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by stackz View Post
just got mine in blue in the mail yesterday from amazon.

I charged it up and got it trimmed right so that when its running on the ground it doesnt rotate anymore in a circle.

the problem I'm having is that when I go to lift off it always drifts off to the right.

very frustrating. it just wont hover in place.

I read online about shafts bending so I pulled the blades and outer shafts off and checked them and eyeballed the main inner shaft and they all seem straight to me.

I had the canopy off and moved the battery around in the front and even stuck it on the side of the copter and it would still drift off to the side.

I read about these things not liking moving air and I had my two ceiling fans on so I turned them off and it still is doing it??

I'll take video of it this afternoon and post it so you guys can see better but hoping to get some ideas before then.

also, I know it has a full charge because I got frustrated to the point I just gunned the throttle and it shot straight up and bounced off the ceiling lol.

Welcome Stackz, Two things are bad for these little helis. #1 Using the rug as a landing pad or takeoff. #2 HAIR on that rug!! Did you notice the vid you provided; that guy was trying to take off from a rug, very cramped area AND, a cat sitting/examining his heli?????? Always take off from, and land on a clean surface. Check your gears carefully for hair wrapped around the gears, shaft...everything. Do you own a pet? Girls in the house with long hair and hardwood floors where hair can float around?? It sounds like you've been taking off from the floor. Perfect environment for this condition. Not at all uncommon for hair getting wrapped around the shafts,etc...

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Sep 03, 2011, 12:14 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,204 Posts
Messin' with my old Syma s107g....still flys great!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBOfnQbrrkk
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Sep 03, 2011, 09:42 AM
Joined Sep 2011
1 Posts
My s107 works perfectly but started to rattle a lot and is very loud after about 10 flights. I found a tiny screw loose in some of the wires but after comparing it to another s107 and searching over the entire thing i cannot for the life of me find where this screw goes. The company wasn't any help so I'm hoping that you guys have heard of this before and maybe know of where this hidden screw may go or what common things cause it to rattle.

Thanks!
jmack20093 is offline Find More Posts by jmack20093
Old Sep 03, 2011, 10:00 AM
USA, TX, Houston
Joined Jan 2003
49 Posts
I just got a Syma s107b's and mine has too much throttle. I have t push the throttle up about 1/8-1/4 before the rotors start to spin and I can't get a low enough throttle to hover it either climbs or it shuts off and falls. I just don't have a hover position. If my throttle engaged in the first 1/8-1/4 travel I feel it would work just fine. Any suggestions on how to fix it?
heli3d is offline Find More Posts by heli3d
Old Sep 03, 2011, 04:21 PM
Who put C4 on my S107???
Joined Apr 2011
207 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmack20093 View Post
My s107 works perfectly but started to rattle a lot and is very loud after about 10 flights. I found a tiny screw loose in some of the wires but after comparing it to another s107 and searching over the entire thing i cannot for the life of me find where this screw goes. The company wasn't any help so I'm hoping that you guys have heard of this before and maybe know of where this hidden screw may go or what common things cause it to rattle.

Thanks!
You did exactly what I always do, but if it's a rattle, maybe just hold the chopper and watch it while giving throttle, to see if you can spot the area where something is loose, and while doing this, wear eye protection...
DarkFall is offline Find More Posts by DarkFall
Old Sep 03, 2011, 08:34 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jul 2011
190 Posts
Well, I received my s107g just the other day.
Was charging fine from the transmitter for a couple of charges, then I decided to cut the wire off the usb connector and attempt to charge it on 1s at 0.1A from my dedicated charger (turnigy accucell 6).
It didn't work.
I then decided to revert back to crude charging from the transmitter and now the heli wont charge at all.
I got the polarity of the charger to the heli correct so I made no mistakes.
Not impressed.

Anyone had any luck charging this thing from a proper charger or am I unlucky?
Purple Aki is offline Find More Posts by Purple Aki
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Sep 03, 2011, 10:21 PM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,603 Posts
What a thread. The problem is that they get too long. I thumbed through, searched, learned a lot, but still am left with a problem. Stripped gears! Argh! OK so it happens, I ordered some more (along wth blades for my Big Lama that I already destroyed) and installed them. They keep breaking. Yes, I am crashing a bit, but nothing spectacular and always power down before I hit anything. The original took quite a beating before it stripped, but the replacement gears I got from xheli strip if you sneeze on them. Any source for better gears, or do you guys think I just got a bad batch? Actually one of the 4 gears I have was already broken when I got it. It's the little pinion portion of the gear for the lower rotor I think. I can't fly it without breaking a gear now, the slightest hit breaks it. I ordered two sets, so 4 gears (one defective) I already broke 2 and have one left but don't even want to waste time installing it, it's gonna break. Was so looking forward to trying out my new copters this weekend. My Big Lama blade strikes and the extension kit I got is a POS, my s111g is awesome(actually it loses signal randomly and drops to the ground), I flew it once and put it on the shelf before I broke it, and my HoneyBee King IV is in the box, I'm not ready for it yet. Used to play with RC cars when I was a kid. Far less troublesome.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72
Old Sep 04, 2011, 12:19 AM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,204 Posts
Me thinks you should go back to race cars.......
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Sep 04, 2011, 07:17 AM
United States, SC, Irmo
Joined Sep 2011
4,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake8131 View Post
Me thinks you should go back to race cars.......
Uh, yeah...Thanks for the help .
Can't help but think I'm wasting my time with this cheap crap, but I see people fly them quite well online. I know it ends with eventually getting real product that does not have these problems, but I am trying to learn the basics on cheaper gear. It did fly well for a few minutes, just trying to resolve the blade strike, but if the upgrade parts are garbage and cause new problems, then I don't know where to go from here. I can't change blades every few minutes. Just realized I posted above about my Lama, not my s107. Dealing with multiple problems right now! Well the s107 is grounded till more gears arrive from China, hopefully these are better than the ones I got from xheli.

And I do plan to get back into cars as well, my 7 year old son wants to play, and flying models are not for him.
shahram72 is online now Find More Posts by shahram72