SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 31, 2011, 01:56 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by okstumbler View Post
What is the best / cheapest place to get parts for s107? Specifically, I am in need of some landing skids and a gear set. Xheli wants like $10 shipping
IINM, Xheli usually has the best price on S107 parts. Assuming that your location is in US, check your shipping options. There is a not-so-obvious option for parts, called Spare Parts Express, and it's $4.95 for anywhere in the US. That will save you some money.

Another place I like is Superstition Hobbies (through Amazon Store Front). They only sell genuine SYMA parts.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 31, 2011, 01:58 AM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,425 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Aki View Post
Anyone?

I've read a good few pages at the start of the discussion, but it's just too long to read all the thread.
Mike is exactly right. There is no difference between S107 and S107G except for the graphics on the packaging. Just beware of S107 imitations in general. This forum explains how to tell the real ones from the fakes.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Aug 31, 2011, 07:03 AM
Joined Aug 2011
6 Posts
no i did not replace the blades and i did not replace the hole main shaft just the plastic peice that holds it together
rcguy567 is offline Find More Posts by rcguy567
Old Aug 31, 2011, 09:46 AM
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Aug 2011
22 Posts
I took everything off the tail and turned the tail motor down and used another brand tail rotor and now my SYMA S107 is a screamer. The difference in speed is remarkable.
tgsantini is offline Find More Posts by tgsantini
Old Aug 31, 2011, 09:58 AM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,242 Posts
^^^
Yes, that is a great mod. I did the same thing.
One other thing is to move the battery slightly forward and add a little bit of weight to the inside of the nose. This way the heli will naturally want to move forward.
Careful though...blade strikes are a good possibility if you take a sharp turns too fast
Jim

Ps...with this different tail rotor...you may not get good backward speed. We don't need no stinkin' reverse though

All my r/c land vehicle have the reverse cut out so I'm used to not having reverse.
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Aug 31, 2011, 12:03 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcguy567 View Post
no i did not replace the blades and i did not replace the hole main shaft just the plastic peice that holds it together
There are several plastic pieces. Can you tell us which one (if pictured)?

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Aug 31, 2011, 05:00 PM
Joined Aug 2011
6 Posts
the one that has the screws that holds it onto the main shaft and i replaced it because my old ones screws are stripped
rcguy567 is offline Find More Posts by rcguy567
Old Sep 01, 2011, 12:48 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
Sometimes you can repair them if you put a drop of GA into the holes then screw in the screws, the CA makes new threads for the screws

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcguy567 View Post
the one that has the screws that holds it onto the main shaft and i replaced it because my old ones screws are stripped
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Sep 01, 2011, 07:29 AM
Before Oblivion
United Kingdom, England, Kingswinford
Joined Oct 2004
175 Posts
Hi
Can anyone cast some light on my problem.
Just got one of these today, the controls are pretty useless move a stick and nothing happens for about a second if I'm lucky, is the transmitter LED supposed to stop flashing because mine doesn't.
This is a big disappointment because the reviews are so good!
olof is offline Find More Posts by olof
Old Sep 01, 2011, 07:59 AM
United States, WA, Federal Way
Joined Apr 2011
112 Posts
Re: Syma s107 Helicopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by olof View Post
Hi
Just got one of these today, the controls are pretty useless move a stick and nothing happens for about a second if I'm lucky, is the transmitter LED supposed to stop flashing because mine doesn't.
Funny...the transmitter LED isn't supposed to flash or blink at all unless one of the sticks is out of its resting position at power-up -- in that case, the transmitter will ***NOT*** function at all until the errant joystick is returned to its resting position and the LED goes from blinking to steady-on.

Sounds to me like you ***MAY*** have a joystick that's out of whack in some manner -- the pot (variable resistor) that it's physically connected to may be defective.
The_LED_Museum is offline Find More Posts by The_LED_Museum
Old Sep 01, 2011, 08:11 AM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
I don't recall if it was a syma or a phoenix but one of the helis I gave as a present did not initialize right. I had to take an xacto and shave out a small amount on the bottom of the gimbal so that the throttle stick could move a TAD lower to see that the throttle was down.
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Last edited by Melnic; Oct 06, 2011 at 08:54 AM.
Old Sep 01, 2011, 08:45 AM
Joined Mar 2008
11,221 Posts
@olof To test to see if your TX is putting out signals, get a digital camera, turn the camera on, now turn on the TX and give it some throttle. If you look through the camera while giving the TX input you should see "sparking" coming from the little bulb on top of the TX. You'll need to push the button down on the camera half way like you are about to take a picture to see this "sparking" as you look through the camera. If you do see "sparking" WITHOUT giving any input to the TX, go with Melnic's idea. BTW, when you turn on the TX, you throw the throttle all the way up and back down right?

Mike.
Old Sep 01, 2011, 09:01 AM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,242 Posts
"If you look through the camera while giving the TX input you should see "sparking" coming from the little bulb on top of the TX"

Doooode,
Where the heck did you come up with that idea?
I would never think of that.
You're a genius...or a madman
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Sep 01, 2011, 09:21 AM
Joined Mar 2008
11,221 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
"If you look through the camera while giving the TX input you should see "sparking" coming from the little bulb on top of the TX"

Doooode,
Where the heck did you come up with that idea?
I would never think of that.
You're a genius...or a madman
Jim
Jim, I am laughing so hard, I'm shaking Another "genius/madman" came up with that on this thread

Mike.
Old Sep 01, 2011, 09:37 AM
S107, S026
Nashville, TN
Joined Aug 2010
140 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olof View Post
Hi
If the transmitter LED is flashing slowly that means that the throttle stick is not all the way at zero when powered on. If the LED is flashing fast then the batteries are low on power.
TSquare123 is offline Find More Posts by TSquare123