HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2011, 03:56 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,498 Posts
My gosh. That is terrible! I've never dealt with Dailysteals before.

Note to self: Never buy from them.

Sorry, Mike.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2011, 04:05 PM
Who put C4 on my S107???
Joined Apr 2011
207 Posts
I think you'll find that if you complain to them, it will be taken care of. Over time, they have sent me double orders when the items were taking too long to arrive, or refunded money when something was wrong. No, they don't package worth a crap, but my stuff is usually in decent shape from them, unless some disgruntled postal worker is upset his break was too short or something...

I have been getting a lot of packages recently that have suffered some damage and it's usually packages coming from 2 - 3 states away at most. My stuff from China seems to always be in decent shape, considering the amount of handling involved...

I got a pair of boots from Russia once, that were wrapped in brown paper with string and were in perfect shape. The same week, I got a pair of Doc Martens shipped from two states away, packed in a heavy box and some jackass at the post office stomped on the box(visible boot print with tread pattern) and managed to squash both steel toes enough that they had to be returned. My postman brought the box to me in a plastic bag with a note from his boss saying it came into their depot crushed and I should make a claim on the insurance, which the original seller was nice enough to take care of. The second pair came UPS and there wasn't a scratch on even the outer box.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
As I said...those plastic dividers are usually the culprit (I'll come back to that). Got my S107 today (S107R5) I bought from "dailysteals.com." As the saying goes, "you get what you pay for" ($19.98 door to door). I must admit, it could have been much worst given that fact that dailysteals.com doesn't have a clue about these helis about packaging them for shipping. Damage control: missing link (but was given an extra..gee). Bottom blades are curled (this will be obvious). Something is wrong with the head as it has terrible binding with the flybar, which translated to terrible TBE. If you look close in one pic you will see a crack in the nose that goes all the way around (they did a nice CA job though). On to the TX I had to dabble a bit of Break Free CLP to "every single plastic spacer" as they were so stiff they hardly moved when I put the batteries in and I knew that would be a problem. The heli came "fully" charged. I thought it was one of those reversed things whereas the orange light would shut off...lol. Well, feast your eyes upon the best packaging job ever. No bubble wrap. No cardboard stiffeners above or below the heli box. No NOTHING

Mike
DarkFall is offline Find More Posts by DarkFall
Old Aug 27, 2011, 06:43 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
My gosh. That is terrible! I've never dealt with Dailysteals before.

Note to self: Never buy from them.

Sorry, Mike.
Thanks. I've contacted them so we'll see what happens. I thought the TBE would be a piece of cake to fix. The flybar is still binding pretty bad. I switched links from my other heli and same thing. Upon closer inspection of the upper rotor, the bottom of the blade grip seems a little "puffed" downward. My good heli is nice and straight across. HMM, this must be causing the links to bind between the blades and flybar. Yes, I buffed the balls nice

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Aug 27, 2011, 07:58 PM
United States, NY, Fulton
Joined Aug 2011
35 Posts
Quote:
As I said...those plastic dividers are usually the culprit (I'll come back to that). Got my S107 today (S107R5) I bought from "dailysteals.com." As the saying goes, "you get what you pay for" ($19.98 door to door). I must admit, it could have been much worst given that fact that dailysteals.com doesn't have a clue about these helis about packaging them for shipping. Damage control: missing link (but was given an extra..gee). Bottom blades are curled (this will be obvious). Something is wrong with the head as it has terrible binding with the flybar, which translated to terrible TBE. If you look close in one pic you will see a crack in the nose that goes all the way around (they did a nice CA job though). On to the TX I had to dabble a bit of Break Free CLP to "every single plastic spacer" as they were so stiff they hardly moved when I put the batteries in and I knew that would be a problem. The heli came "fully" charged. I thought it was one of those reversed things whereas the orange light would shut off...lol. Well, feast your eyes upon the best packaging job ever. No bubble wrap. No cardboard stiffeners above or below the heli box. No NOTHING

Mike
I feel terrible now Chap1012, seeing how I'm the one who posted that dailysteals link for the S107 the other day! Sorry about that, seriously!
Heli_Noob is offline Find More Posts by Heli_Noob
Old Aug 27, 2011, 09:16 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli_Noob View Post
I feel terrible now Chap1012, seeing how I'm the one who posted that dailysteals link for the S107 the other day! Sorry about that, seriously!
Don't be silly man. Each and every one of us takes the same chance. It's the luck of the draw many times on these kind of sales. It's only a $20.00 toy. Happens all the time. No reason to beat yourself up...we'er good

Mike.
Old Aug 27, 2011, 09:33 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,498 Posts
That's the spirit. I feel the same way. I entered this hobby thinking that it was the best $20 I'd ever spent. I was instantly hooked. Since then, I have bought more stuff. Some of them were good; others were not so good. So what? As long as I lighten up and enjoy the fun of it. I'm happy. Not to mention that there might still be a resolution out of this, and you might end up with a good toy and some spare parts. Not a shabby deal.
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Aug 28, 2011, 05:10 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
501 Posts
Quote:
Thanks. I've contacted them so we'll see what happens. I thought the TBE would be a piece of cake to fix. The flybar is still binding pretty bad. I switched links from my other heli and same thing. Upon closer inspection of the upper rotor, the bottom of the blade grip seems a little "puffed" downward. My good heli is nice and straight across. HMM, this must be causing the links to bind between the blades and flybar. Yes, I buffed the balls nice

Mike.
Some of my 107's fly only without TBE when only 1 link is attached.
viper1 is online now Find More Posts by viper1
Old Aug 28, 2011, 09:54 AM
Joined Mar 2008
11,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1 View Post
Thanks Mate. I will give that a go and get back.

Mike.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 12:20 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,278 Posts
Quote:

Mike
I just found out my charger cable is not working correctly. I started charging on another cable and is showing NO ORANGE light. This is getting better Guys, just like a box of chocolates...ya never know what you'er gonna git.

OH, and has anybody ever heard of the LED lights in the nose flashing at different speeds? Yesterday, when I turned on the heli, the lights were flashing slow, then started flashing fast and slow again. I think this darn thing is haunted

Mike.
Old Aug 28, 2011, 12:30 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,242 Posts
Mike,
There you go quoting yourself again
I will never order a heli (toy or otherwise) from a vendor overseas.
I got burned and learned. Luckily I didn't lose out on much.
If I need another S107, it will be ordered from the Mainland.
They really do not package the items well overseas. I think they really are anal about the weight and try to save as much as possible. Unfortunately for us, the pacakge gets mushed.
My lipos and parts though...still come from overseas (if I have the patience).
Jim
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Aug 28, 2011, 12:42 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stamp View Post
Mike,
There you go quoting yourself again
I will never order a heli (toy or otherwise) from a vendor overseas.
I got burned and learned. Luckily I didn't lose out on much.
If I need another S107, it will be ordered from the Mainland.
They really do not package the items well overseas. I think they really are anal about the weight and try to save as much as possible. Unfortunately for us, the pacakge gets mushed.
My lipos and parts though...still come from overseas (if I have the patience).
Jim
Jim, dailysteals are located in Brooklyn, NY. As all New Yorkers they are always in a hurry...hence, the quick packaging job

I know....I hate quoting myself BUT, only to get a point across..

Mike
Old Aug 28, 2011, 01:05 PM
Visit My Blog
Outskirts of Chicago
Joined Nov 2008
4,242 Posts
They may be in NY but their mentality is still overseas.
Stamp is offline Find More Posts by Stamp
Old Aug 28, 2011, 01:59 PM
Joined Mar 2008
11,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1 View Post
I just tried that and now it's kinda doing a rock-a-bye-baby thing. It was steady at first for about 10/15 seconds. Another thing I noticed. The blades won't immediately spin up. There is a delay of about 5 seconds or so. Definitely haunted I may have to perform an exorcism on it

@Stamp, You make a very good point indeedo
Mike
Last edited by Chap1012; Aug 28, 2011 at 02:19 PM. Reason: was steady at first...
Old Aug 28, 2011, 03:51 PM
Joined Aug 2011
7 Posts
Quote:
I just found out my charger cable is not working correctly. I started charging on another cable and is showing NO ORANGE light. This is getting better Guys, just like a box of chocolates...ya never know what you'er gonna git.
If it helps Mike, when I charge my S107, the orange light only comes on when the battery is fully charged.

If you plug the cable into a USB port on a computer without the other end being plugged into the helicopter does the orange light come on? if so, connect it to the S107and it'll probably go out until the battery is charged like mine.
Grenjs is offline Find More Posts by Grenjs
Old Aug 29, 2011, 11:47 AM
Joined Aug 2011
2 Posts
S107 Tail Rotor/Motor

Hi to all,

apologies if this has been asked before but its a long thread....

I got an S107G today and am puzzled by the rear rotor. It only spins when the helicopter is going backwards or forwards although sometimes I don't think the stick on the transmitter centres itself properly as the rotor continues to spin.

Is this normal? or is the tail rotor meant to spin all of the time.

BTW I bought the S107G to tide me over until the S031G arrives (possibly tomorrow )
WilliamYZFR1 is offline Find More Posts by WilliamYZFR1