HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 10, 2011, 02:05 PM
Joined May 2011
99 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1 View Post
Just received a blue 107 with a (new?) board in it, the board color is green and is marked: XZ-1701TB-TY, has this board been covered yet in this forum?

Its a clone! i have one of those! and i Got mine from a scammer seller from ebay name planemodel88
tzuchow is offline Find More Posts by tzuchow
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:45 PM
Joined Jul 2011
2 Posts
i just bought a s107 whole heli spare from http://www.xheli.com/56p-part-s107-w...li-yellow.html unfortunately the tail motor didnt work so i talked to them about it and they said it was supposed to be parted out not used as an actual heli so i ignored them and replaced the tail motor and now it works but i cant seem to put the top rotor head back on i got the screw on the wedged part but it dosnt spin.its like its stripped. the motor and gears work fine any ideas as to whats wrong
wtfimflyin is offline Find More Posts by wtfimflyin
Last edited by wtfimflyin; Aug 11, 2011 at 12:19 AM.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 02:49 AM
Melbourne, Australia
Joined May 2006
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzuchow View Post
Its a clone! i have one of those! and i Got mine from a scammer seller from ebay name planemodel88
It's branded as a syma so that would be a FAKE instead of a Clone, given the previous discussion about this terminology right?

How does yours perform anyway? Mine has only a handful of flights, but so far, so good
viper1 is offline Find More Posts by viper1
Old Aug 11, 2011, 03:04 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,364 Posts
Going to be a happy 7yo girl this afternoon

The cable guy was here, remembered me as the 'helicopter guy'. I asked if he had a kid. 7yo girl but she plays basketball and likes trucks.

So I demonstrated, lectured, packed up my genuine 107 R3 and gave it to him. She's too young to know exactly what she's getting.

Hadn't flown it since I got 120SR, just getting dusty. Meant for fun and now it can get back to work. I still have the blue Firebird and the Phoenix but they need to get back to work too.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Aug 11, 2011, 03:51 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
United States, IL, Mascoutah
Joined Dec 2010
3,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wtfimflyin View Post
i just bought a s107 whole heli spare from http://www.xheli.com/56p-part-s107-w...li-yellow.html unfortunately the tail motor didnt work so i talked to them about it and they said it was supposed to be parted out not used as an actual heli so i ignored them and replaced the tail motor and now it works but i cant seem to put the top rotor head back on i got the screw on the wedged part but it dosnt spin.its like its stripped. the motor and gears work fine any ideas as to whats wrong
These are just parts helis' and are broken in some way. That's why the were $9.00;
Jake8131 is online now Find More Posts by Jake8131
Old Aug 12, 2011, 05:09 PM
Joined Mar 2009
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
The cable guy was here, remembered me as the 'helicopter guy'. I asked if he had a kid. 7yo girl but she plays basketball and likes trucks.

So I demonstrated, lectured, packed up my genuine 107 R3 and gave it to him. She's too young to know exactly what she's getting.

Hadn't flown it since I got 120SR, just getting dusty. Meant for fun and now it can get back to work. I still have the blue Firebird and the Phoenix but they need to get back to work too.
That's cool
I gave one to my brother and one to my dad (also ended up giving my dad a Proto CX when he outgrew the S107)
They are fun and for $20 I don't mind giving them away, especially if it sparks interest in the hobby for someone.
personmans is offline Find More Posts by personmans
Old Aug 13, 2011, 01:07 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,364 Posts
Thanks, does feel good to spread the fun. Hope my "kill throttle when in trouble, quit and recharge when it struggles" speech sunk in so they don't kill it the first day. I've flown the thing indoors and out for a year and a half and it still worked like new.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Aug 13, 2011, 01:18 PM
Joined Apr 2011
20 Posts
Semi-epic crash

Hey guys, I'm new so I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place. Sorry if I'm not.

So here's the deal, me and my little brother were flying our Syma S107's. He starts watching my heli instead of his and runs his into the wall. First we noticed a broken blade, then we noticed the whole tail rotor motor had come off. The actual blade that is still connected to the motor has more play in it that it's supposed to also.
So my question is, is there still hope for my heli or has it already ascended to its great chopper home in the sky?
GibsonSG1 is offline Find More Posts by GibsonSG1
Old Aug 13, 2011, 08:24 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,026 Posts
You can get a new tail assy.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 09:23 PM
Joined Apr 2011
20 Posts
Is there no way to re-attach the motor that I already have?
GibsonSG1 is offline Find More Posts by GibsonSG1
Old Aug 13, 2011, 09:42 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,368 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonSG1 View Post
Is there no way to re-attach the motor that I already have?
It looks to me you would need "excellent" soldering skills. Jake's solution would probably be your best bet. Why not just buy another and keep that one as parts.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Aug 13, 2011, 11:32 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,026 Posts
You can get a 'parts' syma s107 from X-heli for $9.00.
Old Aug 15, 2011, 01:10 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Aug 2010
19 Posts
Or you can get the parts easily from oomodel.com . Genuine S107G and parts are available.

oomodel.com is offline Find More Posts by oomodel.com
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 15, 2011, 12:09 PM
Joined May 2010
144 Posts
I am accustomed to get easily 5 mins min of flying time from my S107 heli, but I have not flown it in the past three weeks and now I can only get approx. 2 minutes of flying time before the battery gets low. I have followed the normal routine of giving the battery cooling down time both after flying and after charging. Has the battery done it's time and now needs replacing?

Karol
Karolh is offline Find More Posts by Karolh
Old Aug 15, 2011, 01:58 PM
USAF Retired - 1968-1988
Joined Dec 2010
3,026 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolh View Post
I am accustomed to get easily 5 mins min of flying time from my S107 heli, but I have not flown it in the past three weeks and now I can only get approx. 2 minutes of flying time before the battery gets low. I have followed the normal routine of giving the battery cooling down time both after flying and after charging. Has the battery done it's time and now needs replacing?

Karol
How old is it?