HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 21, 2011, 06:34 PM
Joined Mar 2011
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaze View Post
The tail prop is not workign on my s107 after my son crashed it. every now and then it will move momentarily then not work again. any suggestions?

Thanks
I had the same problem with my S107. It turned out the tail motor was fried. If the rear rotor hits something while powered up it will burn up the motor. You can check the tail motor by powering up the main rotors and then applying forward or back pressure on the right stick. The tail rotor won't be moving in your case, but if you flick it with your finger and it starts to work this indicates the motor is burned up. Anyway that is what I learned online and it was true in my case. I replaced the tail motor and all is well now but it does require soldering.
Big Sky Country is offline Find More Posts by Big Sky Country
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2011, 06:51 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azaze View Post
The tail prop is not workign on my s107 after my son crashed it. every now and then it will move momentarily then not work again. any suggestions?
you would have to check the wiring from the tail motor through the tail rod boom to the pcb to make sure it didn't loosen, if it checks ok then the part needs to be replaced here:

http://www.xheli.com/s107-14.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHeli11 View Post
I was reading that some people made a cleanroom out of their bathrooms, although am not sure if that really works. Cleanrooms "Class 100" are expensive. I never tried to switch platters to an identical HDD, but I would be interested to do some experiments on that one day..
the problem is not the clean rooms as you would throw the disk away after salvaging the data once opened but rather those multi platters unless you have the special alignment tool which costs some money, if they lose alignment relative to each other by just a micron you can kiss your data bye bye as there is no way to figure out the particular alignment set at factory per that particular disk... you would only do that if the disk mechanically died anyways, i think Michael's still powers up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will403536 View Post
OK I'm having an issue with charging:
(This is via USB using included cable) After 45+ minutes, the charger's red LED does not come on automatically. It only appears if I wiggle the USB adapter in the port on my computer. Sometimes I can wiggle it a little, and the red LED will glow faintly, oscillate in brightness, and slowly fade. Other times, if I push hard, it will stay bright red.
Battery issue?
sounds like a simple contact issue in the charge port of your s107 or the charge pin from the usb charger that goes into the charge port.
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Apr 21, 2011, 06:54 PM
Joined Apr 2011
2 Posts
chochosan 2 here , owner of 2 s 107's. heli 1 grounded due to malfunction of the motor for the upper blades and gyro. Has anyone had experience in changing one of these motors out, ? Also is there somewhere I should go for more info. Thanks for all the help in advance. Just joined rc groups.
chochosan 2 is offline Find More Posts by chochosan 2
Old Apr 21, 2011, 07:09 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chochosan 2 View Post
chochosan 2 here , owner of 2 s 107's. heli 1 grounded due to malfunction of the motor for the upper blades and gyro. Has anyone had experience in changing one of these motors out, ? Also is there somewhere I should go for more info. Thanks for all the help in advance. Just joined rc groups.
simply swap out the bad motor and solder it to the pcb, here are the parts vendors who carry s107 parts including motors, take your pick:

http://www.xheli.com/s107.html

http://www.focalprice.com/search.html?keyword=s107
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Apr 21, 2011, 09:23 PM
Glowsticker
Las Vegas Henderson, Nevada, United States
Joined Aug 2004
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
sounds like a simple contact issue in the charge port of your s107 or the charge pin from the usb charger that goes into the charge port.
I don't think it's a contact issue, as the LED can not be made to turn off by wiggling when the heli is not plugged in, meaning full contact is made between the USB charger and my computer's USB port.

Also, this does not happen when the heli is first plugged in to charge.
Let me add that the heli charges fine via controller, the controller LED turning from red -> green as it should.

I'm trying to charge it again via USB, been going 1 hour so far, and I am afraid to burn out my battery, but I want to wait it out and see if the USB charger will eventually turn red.

Basically, my USB charger just doesn't ever "finish" charging.
Will403536 is offline Find More Posts by Will403536
Old Apr 21, 2011, 10:38 PM
S107, S026
Nashville, TN
Joined Aug 2010
140 Posts
Quote:
I don't think it's a contact issue, as the LED can not be made to turn off by wiggling when the heli is not plugged in, meaning full contact is made between the USB charger and my computer's USB port.

Also, this does not happen when the heli is first plugged in to charge.
Let me add that the heli charges fine via controller, the controller LED turning from red -> green as it should.

I'm trying to charge it again via USB, been going 1 hour so far, and I am afraid to burn out my battery, but I want to wait it out and see if the USB charger will eventually turn red.

Basically, my USB charger just doesn't ever "finish" charging.
I think Scorp is talking about the plug for the heli. I believe the holes in the plug get slightly larger with use and then can't make solid contact with the heli charge port.
Mine was doing the same as yours and I made it work better by SLIGHTLY crushing the plug, (heli end not the USB end), with a pair of pliers. But I did have another cable just in case I messed up faulty cable.
TSquare123 is offline Find More Posts by TSquare123
Old Apr 21, 2011, 11:22 PM
Joined Aug 2007
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetskeeter View Post
Thanks for the feedback Mike. now with the wall wart you're using, how long are your flight times. I fly my 107 a lot and go through a lot of AA's so I'm looking for an alternative to buying lots of AA's.
thanks for all the feedback everyone on charging the s107. I ordered me a usb hub with ac adapter. I got a couple of new lipos on the way too. I'm getting tired of gluing my balance bar so I'm gonna order a new one. Of all my helis my s017 is the most fun
Jetskeeter is offline Find More Posts by Jetskeeter
Old Apr 21, 2011, 11:51 PM
Glowsticker
Las Vegas Henderson, Nevada, United States
Joined Aug 2004
103 Posts
I figured out my problem: I think it's the USB port on my computer. I tried a different computer and this issue did not occur. Charged, light turned red, done.
Will403536 is offline Find More Posts by Will403536
Old Apr 21, 2011, 11:55 PM
Joined Mar 2011
277 Posts
Edited.
RCHeli11 is offline Find More Posts by RCHeli11
Last edited by RCHeli11; Apr 22, 2011 at 01:30 AM.
Old Apr 22, 2011, 07:53 AM
United States, WA, Federal Way
Joined Apr 2011
112 Posts
Re: Discussion Syma s107 Helicopter

Quote:
OK I'm having an issue with charging:

(This is via USB using included cable) After 45+ minutes, the charger's red LED does not come on automatically. It only appears if I wiggle the USB adapter in the port on my computer. Sometimes I can wiggle it a little, and the red LED will glow faintly, oscillate in brightness, and slowly fade. Other times, if I push hard, it will stay bright red.
Funny you brought this up, because mine started doing this just yesterday.
When I used the USB "wall wart" charger from this product however, this behaviour ceased -- the red light in the USB-end of the cord appears to function as intended.

I have no issues with this USB port when other USB devices are used in it.
The_LED_Museum is offline Find More Posts by The_LED_Museum
Old Apr 22, 2011, 08:25 AM
Expert S107 Crasher
Joined Mar 2011
23 Posts
!~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heathisler View Post
The last 3 s107 helis I bought from Amazon, LLC had the pink and green motors and are faster than the R5 version I got from a different vendor. Two of these s107 clones were red and one was yellow.

independent verification?
did narrowed amazon search to only include amazon as seller and saw photos showing pink green motors... so faster youd say?

anyone else?
r
rob23 is offline Find More Posts by rob23
Old Apr 22, 2011, 02:21 PM
Joined Apr 2011
1 Posts
can someone help me diagnose a slipping rotor? I am almost positive that's what it is based on the flight problems, but i can't seem to verify it.

heres why i think it is: 1)i all of the sudden have to "trim" to the left a lot more 2)the bottom rotor stops spinning a few seconds faster than the top one, where as they used to stop simultaneously 3) low hover, if any, with full charge

but i am not sure that is it.... i figured it was shot anyway, so i tried an experiment. To see if it was slipping, i grabbed the bottom rotor holder and hit the throttle. the gears DID NOT SPIN, meaning they were still pretty attached to the rotor.

any ideas? could it still be slipping? i dont think its anything easy like a dirty shaft or anything. any ideas appreciated
adammsu is offline Find More Posts by adammsu
Old Apr 22, 2011, 03:50 PM
Joined Apr 2011
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob23 View Post
independent verification?
did narrowed amazon search to only include amazon as seller and saw photos showing pink green motors... so faster youd say?

anyone else?
r
To clarify it more:
The 3 we got were faster changing yaw and seemed to take off faster. They only need about 1/4 throttle to take off instead of about 1/2 for the R5 board. The throttle might just be more sensitive.

Forward flight is the same except for one that is slower.

I would say the overall quality is not quite as good. The main rotor blades are also closer together than the ones on the R5 that I have. The clones have had a lot of broken blades, but none on the R5. My R5 has about 60 flights and the clones have less than 10 each.

The transmitters are different and we have had all 4 flying at the same time.(3 clones and 1 R5)

I would personally try to get the real syma s107, unless you wanted to fly more at the same time. I would have sent them back, but I didn't know they were clones right away.

I haven't paid attention to charge time between them. So I can't comment on that. They are reverse polarity and each of three came with different looking usb chargers and lengths. They were all shorter than the R5 charge cord.

The board has "YS" on the corner and has four spot for LEDs? that line up with the holes in the frame.
heathisler is offline Find More Posts by heathisler
Old Apr 22, 2011, 04:25 PM
Joined Feb 2011
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heathisler View Post
To clarify it more:
The 3 we got were faster changing yaw and seemed to take off faster. They only need about 1/4 throttle to take off instead of about 1/2 for the R5 board. The throttle might just be more sensitive.

Forward flight is the same except for one that is slower.

I would say the overall quality is not quite as good. The main rotor blades are also closer together than the ones on the R5 that I have. The clones have had a lot of broken blades, but none on the R5. My R5 has about 60 flights and the clones have less than 10 each.

The transmitters are different and we have had all 4 flying at the same time.(3 clones and 1 R5)

I would personally try to get the real syma s107, unless you wanted to fly more at the same time. I would have sent them back, but I didn't know they were clones right away.

I haven't paid attention to charge time between them. So I can't comment on that. They are reverse polarity and each of three came with different looking usb chargers and lengths. They were all shorter than the R5 charge cord.

The board has "YS" on the corner and has four spot for LEDs? that line up with the holes in the frame.
I have one of these clones and your description matches to a T. The USB charger does charge substantially faster than the R5. And you are right about the built quality, it is certainly a lot poorer.
Sailor107 is offline Find More Posts by Sailor107
Old Apr 22, 2011, 05:29 PM
Joined Jan 2007
105 Posts
Losing Lift

After about 2 minutes it loses lift and slowly goes down on the floor.
The blades continue to spin if I give it throttle.
After it lands I release the throttle and then give it full throttle
and it goes up to the ceiling for a bit and then slowly goes back down to the floor.

The battery in the helicopter is charged and the TX batteries are good.
There's no IR interference.
I have over 5 hours of flight time on it so far.

Any suggestions?

I did a search here and know this was answered somewhere in the 8300+ posts
but I couldn't find the answer. Sorry!
Verewolf is offline Find More Posts by Verewolf