HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 06, 2010, 11:09 AM
Guitar Player
Auburn, California
Joined Mar 2010
711 Posts
We only had two flying since there are only the two channels. PRetty fun though. Have to be careful not to get in the other helis wash. Does fun things to your bird! Tests how quickly you can recover from sudden downward pushes on the heli. Got some work done. I considered it a team building exercise lol
Russbrigham is offline Find More Posts by Russbrigham
to remove ads between posts
Old May 07, 2010, 11:53 AM
Joined May 2010
12 Posts
OT request

Hey guys and gals,

I was wondering if anyone in here has a dead s013 black hawk the would sell/donate the top rotor assembly with stabilizer bar. The set screw stripped out on mine and I can't get it to bite for anything and I can't get the rotor to glue on and stay.

So if someone can point me to place I can get the part, or if you have the part you can sell/donate... Or even if you have a fix idea. Please PM me.

Thanks
~James
jlhr2 is offline Find More Posts by jlhr2
Old May 07, 2010, 12:17 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Apr 2007
4,760 Posts
Something that's worked on other items where the screw has stripped is to put a small drop of CA on the end of a toothpick and poke it in the hole and continually rotate the toothpick until the CA dries. Then take the screw to cut new threads.

If you think the toothpick might get glued in, coat it first with some Silicone lube or light oil.

Bill
Sir Raleigh is offline Find More Posts by Sir Raleigh
Old May 07, 2010, 01:01 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Jul 07, 2010 at 05:55 PM.
Old May 07, 2010, 01:18 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Apr 2007
4,760 Posts
Has anyone measured the current to the battery using the S107's USB charger?

If so, what is it?

(Not going to leave that first question hanging... Sure enough someone would would come back with just "Yes." and let it go at that... )

Bill
Sir Raleigh is offline Find More Posts by Sir Raleigh
Old May 07, 2010, 01:57 PM
Ohio
Joined Mar 2010
11 Posts
s107 - one tough bird

I have crashed this little bird quite a few times and it just keeps on flying. I was flying it upstairs from the basement and it got sucked up to the ceiling ... flapped its wings a couple times .... fell 15 feet onto a banister and bounced down the steps. check out the bent LG in my pics (quality not great, taken with blackberry.) I dusted it off and it flies just fine, got a 9'45" flite out of it after the crash.
I also took it outside at dusk last nite and there was more light out than I thouhgt b/c the controls quit responding a few times. One of those out of control flights took the heli into the gutter where the blades just kept on going like it was going to drill thru the gutter .... whack, whack, whack, whack, whack after a quick clean up, it kept right on flying
a well-made bird for $30, cant beat it.
tru-rc is offline Find More Posts by tru-rc
Old May 07, 2010, 02:17 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Last edited by killbucket; Jul 07, 2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old May 07, 2010, 02:17 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
I've flown it slam into a door jamb, into venetian blinds, and outdoors at dusk. All without incident. I'm so impressed with 107 and its hangarmate Firebird, for the first time since I started helis 18 months ago, I'm NOT in the market for another one.

Right this minute. But I do have my eye on an unreleased Esky. Triaxis gyro, triblade rotor, in the $180 price range. If I DON'T buy 6 submicros, it's free!
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old May 07, 2010, 02:22 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Last edited by killbucket; Jul 07, 2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old May 07, 2010, 03:39 PM
Ohio
Joined Mar 2010
11 Posts
KB - where do you get the alum. tubing? any recommendations?
thanks.
tru-rc is offline Find More Posts by tru-rc
Old May 07, 2010, 03:47 PM
Montreal, Québec, Canada
Joined Apr 2010
1,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Raleigh View Post
Has anyone measured the current to the battery using the S107's USB charger?

If so, what is it?

(Not going to leave that first question hanging... Sure enough someone would would come back with just "Yes." and let it go at that... )

Bill
Well a usb port is around 5v. On your cable theres no converter, so i guess that its 5v.
Ceros007 is offline Find More Posts by Ceros007
Old May 07, 2010, 04:02 PM
Joined Mar 2010
81 Posts
Well, I finally took my S107 apart and found the faulty part. It is indeed an H-Bridge that is fried. Looky here:

Google has found me nothing, so maybe someone with electronics knowledge can find me an alternative to a "ML5" H-Bridge. The fried one is the one on the left... the one on the right, is supposedly not fried.
Rasped is offline Find More Posts by Rasped
Old May 07, 2010, 04:27 PM
Germany
Joined Mar 2007
200 Posts
Got my S107 today as an replacement for an SH 6023 which was out of stock. Very stable and rigid on the controls. Although it did not came in the original box but a simple styrofoam box, a little rattling but otherwise intact. Next task will be the analysis of the IR protocol of the TX in order to replace by something else.

Darkstar.
Darkstar2000 is offline Find More Posts by Darkstar2000
Old May 07, 2010, 04:42 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
Here ya go. http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...ML5103PBFTR-ND

They're not bridges by themselves, they're just FETs. Fact, no idea how they're implementing H-bridge with just two elements. It takes 4. In the H, the crossbar represents the motor, the tops and bottoms go to power and ground, so it takes two switches on to produce either direction.
Old May 07, 2010, 04:45 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
You may not want to replace the TX, DS. Others in this class are step-encoded, regardless of the capability of the code. 107 is proportionally-encoded.

My order for 6023 was also on indefinite backorder. Certain you will appreciate 107 more.