HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 29, 2010, 04:17 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Apr 2010
37 Posts
Hey KB, that blue heli is boss. I have one S107 (3 days ago) and a copy cat, the heli with the 2 gears (instead of 4). You have a 240mah batt. in it?
What are the specs on tha Boss Blue?
In the meany, keep'em flyin.....
Badland52 is offline Find More Posts by Badland52
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2010, 04:20 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Apr 2007
4,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallucynogenyc View Post
What you say makes sense except at the part in which you say the Tx has nothing to do with it. At least, in the 60XX series, the light blinks until you send a "throttle" signal so that the heli knows at what channel the Tx is.
Different brand, different ways to do the same thing...

Quote:
If it's the way you say it, how do you change the channel on the heli?
I change the switch to whatever channel I want and turn the heli on. Instant operation.

Quote:
Also, have you realized you only have 2 channels on the Tx although it should have 3? At least, my switch has only 2 positions!
Yes, two positions on mine too.

However, I've not tried flying 2 helis at the same time to prove there is actually 2 IR channels. Like I said above, I turn on the controller, select A or B, turn on the heli and it responds immediately. No need to move the throttle stick up and down like the SH brand.

Bill
Sir Raleigh is offline Find More Posts by Sir Raleigh
Old Apr 29, 2010, 04:59 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
HEY! Now that I look (I always just left it on A where it came) the switch DOES only go to A or B. Says C on the case but that's imaginary. On both 107 and Firebird.

On Winyea and San Huan, switch will reach all 3 positions.

Well, if we had to give up C to get proportional control, not that bad a tradeoff. But they ottent be saying it runs on ABC when it only runs on AB.

Considering what's been turning up here in the last week/few days, I feel lucky now when they arrive and work at all.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Apr 29, 2010, 06:20 PM
Joined Mar 2010
96 Posts
Ok, The problem was that I held it on my hand until the light staid stedy, which, obviously, took a lot of time. I just checked that turning on the heli on a table/floor makes the process much much faster. Thanks!
hallucynogenyc is offline Find More Posts by hallucynogenyc
Old Apr 29, 2010, 09:19 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
Initialization time is roughly 2 seconds if it doesn't move during that time.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:01 AM
mSR noob, S107, SH6023/25
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Feb 2010
116 Posts
Thought i'd just post a quick note that i got my yellow s107 from yesurprise. Ordered april 11 took 7 days to be notified it shipped and another 7 to arrive (~16 days to Australia)
Came packed with about a roll of packing tape over a roll of plastic food wrap over a garbage bag over the box. It could have floated here from china!
(p.s. they put the price up?! i payed $29.60, but now its 34.26... strange considering the competition from ebay... )

And i like it i think... Its a *lot* easier to control than my old SH6023, as has been said, like an RC car in the air. But also a lot slower. Could be a good thing for a newbie (great actually-its not scary at all), but this is going to be modded for my liking - probably just to shift some weight around so it has some go
temporary1 is offline Find More Posts by temporary1
Old Apr 30, 2010, 01:16 AM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
Glad you like it, Temp I'm just waiting for my local shop to get fresh stocks so I can bag a few more.

It's certainly the slowest of the few heli's I own but isn't it precise! I think it's at it's best when flying slowly, looks a real picture. Definitely one of the best things I've ever bought.
Redbaron25 is offline Find More Posts by Redbaron25
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:58 AM
Joined Mar 2010
96 Posts
I bought it on focalprice for 27$ w/ shipping!
hallucynogenyc is offline Find More Posts by hallucynogenyc
Old Apr 30, 2010, 12:23 PM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
That's a good price. They're £30 ($45) here in UK...PLUS about £5 ($7.50) postage if I got them mail order.

Luckily the shop is fairly close by so I can pick them up in person - when their new stocks arrive.
Redbaron25 is offline Find More Posts by Redbaron25
Old Apr 30, 2010, 03:40 PM
Montreal, Québec, Canada
Joined Apr 2010
1,471 Posts
Quote:
I bought it on focalprice for 27$ w/ shipping!

How long it took to receive it?
Ceros007 is offline Find More Posts by Ceros007
Old Apr 30, 2010, 03:51 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
I didn't even know Focal had 107s. Anyhow, OK was a dollar more and took 13 days.

Focal took 15 days on 6025, and I waited 7 weeks before cancelling 6023 which showed as in stock the whole time. I don't so specially hold it against them, supply disruptions happen in China every year this time. But their catalog is not necessarily kept current.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 03:54 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Jul 07, 2010 at 05:53 PM.
Old May 01, 2010, 02:18 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Apr 2010
37 Posts
S107 for $22/includes shipping (wow) from eBay....let's see how long it takes.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by adma20 View Post

My first S107 cost about $40 including shipping. I thiught $40 was the average price. Live and learn .

Thanks Adma20 for pointing me to eBay.
I lost the bid on the first one. I was out bid by $.50. (22.50). the bid started at about $21. I got a second chance to buy it because the winning bid did not go through with the buy.
Oh and beware! I saw a S107 going for $.86, But! the shipping was $26! Some if not most of you allready know about these functions. I'm new to eBay.
Anywho, I'm counting the days (hope not weeks ) until it arrives.
Keepem flyin....
Badland52 is offline Find More Posts by Badland52
Old May 01, 2010, 03:05 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
This is not "factual" as in "I've done it", but from all I can discern, if you walk into a store in Hong Kong with $12US, you walk out with a 107. The nominal US delivered price is $28, from standing retailers with their own website, address and phone on the record, NOT ebay.

If above you find a US retailer selling them, might well be worth an extra $12, because as we've seen and according to Hong Kong terms of sale, if anything goes wrong you're out more than $12 straightening it out. For that extra $12, you can get the 107 upgrade, Firebird, from a US retailer in 3 days instead of 13.

So there are the parameters, juggle them as best fits your priorities.
Old May 01, 2010, 03:11 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Jul 07, 2010 at 05:53 PM.