HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 13, 2011, 04:17 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHeli11 View Post
Cool, any ideas on that rc-fever.com site? They have a combo deal which is 2 s107, and you can also buy a separate s107 just by itself, which is nice. Have not seen many places that offer the s107 by itself without the TX with it.

scorp: where would you go to get a 240 lipo with a good quality?
that store looks legit, have not heard of any problems regarding that vendor but you know shipping will be extra on top of the deal price like cca $20... as far as 240mah i couldn't tell you really where, you might as well order them from the same vendor if you really want 240s
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 13, 2011, 04:23 PM
Joined Mar 2011
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
that store looks legit, have not heard of any problems regarding that vendor but you know shipping will be extra on top of the deal price like cca $20... as far as 240mah i couldn't tell you really where, you might as well order them from the same vendor if you really want 240s
Cool, shipping was $27 for that combo (2 s107s) + 240 battery + another S107, which is not bad.

BTW, some sites mention the stock battery being 150 mah and others 180 mah, whats with that??

Also, most sites wont mention which revision the s107 is, so one could not tell if he is getting an R3 or R5 board, and when the thing was made... sucks.

BTW, THANKS for all your help and replies, its appreciated.
RCHeli11 is offline Find More Posts by RCHeli11
Old Mar 13, 2011, 04:33 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
it all depends on what batches of s107s they have in stock, i have heard that some do come with a 180 but most are 150s and on the revisions there is also a R12 which is newer than a R5 obviously, most likely you will get the R5 which is predominant still and IMO better than R3 unless you are into speed, R12 I have not tried but there is not much difference over R5 based on what i hear.
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Mar 13, 2011, 04:45 PM
Ooops!!!
Farnborough, UK
Joined Jan 2011
94 Posts
Quote:
Cool, shipping was $27 for that combo (2 s107s) + 240 battery + another S107, which is not bad.

BTW, some sites mention the stock battery being 150 mah and others 180 mah, whats with that??

Also, most sites wont mention which revision the s107 is, so one could not tell if he is getting an R3 or R5 board, and when the thing was made... sucks.

BTW, THANKS for all your help and replies, its appreciated.
The last four I got from RC Fever have all been R5 boards, all fly great and all compatible with the same tx, and all mine have come with 150 mah lipos
smokey325 is offline Find More Posts by smokey325
Old Mar 13, 2011, 04:48 PM
Joined Mar 2011
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey325 View Post
The last four I got from RC Fever have all been R5 boards, all fly great and all compatible with the same tx
ah good to know you ordered from them, they do seem legit. I will grab that battery since its cheap anywayz, I might have good luck with it. If I can take off 2 or 3 grams from the stock RC, I should be fine. I dont want it to look ugly neither, most mods will turn it into an ugly S107, so thats not the point of it

These guys are listing it as 180: http://www.enjoyhobbies.biz/rc-toys/...helicoptergyro
not sure how true and why
Old Mar 13, 2011, 04:53 PM
Ooops!!!
Farnborough, UK
Joined Jan 2011
94 Posts
Quote:
ah good to know you ordered from them, they do seem legit. I will grab that battery since its cheap anywayz, I might have good luck with it. If I can take off 2 or 3 grams from the stock RC, I should be fine. I dont want it to look ugly neither, most mods will turn it into an ugly S107, so thats not the point of it

These guys are listing it as 180: http://www.enjoyhobbies.biz/rc-toys/...helicoptergyro
not sure how true and why
Could be the latest batch from Syma are coming out of the factory with 180s. there are always little changes going on, like the new flybars with sealed weights, makes speed mods a little more tricky.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 05:38 PM
Joined Mar 2011
277 Posts
Guys, one more thing: what does it mean in RC micro Helli world when it spins 360 instead of going left/right, but it does go backward and forward... anything to fix? Trim level seems right.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 06:05 PM
Ooops!!!
Farnborough, UK
Joined Jan 2011
94 Posts
Quote:
Guys, one more thing: what does it mean in RC micro Helli world when it spins 360 instead of going left/right, but it does go backward and forward... anything to fix? Trim level seems right.
If you can post a video of it, I'm sure someone will be able to tell you what the problem is, it's hard to diagnose from a description most of the time.
Old Mar 13, 2011, 06:29 PM
Joined Mar 2011
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey325 View Post
If you can post a video of it, I'm sure someone will be able to tell you what the problem is, it's hard to diagnose from a description most of the time.
Well this one is a cheap RC Helli I got. It goes 360 degrees everytime I try to go left/right. Forward/backwards work... am sure these are known symptoms, I just dont know what they mean
Old Mar 13, 2011, 06:35 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jan 2011
18 Posts
Update on HeliPal

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsbite View Post
Also, I ordered a couple tail rotors from HeliPal (U803-Z-12 Tail Rotor Blade (UDI-Parts-U803-Z-12) = USD $3.80) back on 1/28 and have yet to get the package. They claimed in an email that USPS returned it as undeliverable to my address, we're now on the second try, supposedly shipped on 3/3.
I got my order from them on Saturday! I put one of the U803 tail rotors on my stock bird and quite like it. The response is snappier and it moves with a bit more authority; it's not as noticeable as my weight reduced yellow one but still a joy to fly. A bit noisier though.

I've been practicing on the TX sans throttle spring and aside from chewing up some blades I've enjoyed it! It's definately more finesse control but it's really worth learning. Been "scale" flying (if I'm using that term correctly) mostly and have been backing my nose heavy speed copter into corners. My next challenge is flying circuits keeping a consistent altitude. I feel that I could use a 4th channel while hovering with the nose heavy "active" one. Looking forward to an MSR when funds allow.

My flights vary greatly from 3x 2 minute flights per battery to running it down in one session and both batteries are doing great! I don't time my flights so it's left to interpretation but I'd guess my yellow one gets 10% more flying time than when it was new (it could be the weight reduction). Both charge in 30-40 minutes, I sometimes leave them plugged in over night and usually fly til I can't maintain a hover.

Have rebuild kits for both and will likely swap out the upper blades on both soon. They both TBE or something like it, I'm guessing that a little maintenance may cure both.

Here's a crappy picture:

devilsbite is offline Find More Posts by devilsbite
Old Mar 13, 2011, 07:32 PM
Joined Mar 2011
277 Posts
What are so far the best mods to remove weight out of the S107, and what parts did you guys replace with?
Old Mar 13, 2011, 07:39 PM
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
Removed spring

I finally removed the spring in my 107 controller. I have an LS-109 with no spring. I thought the spring gave me finer control, but the opposite is true. I have only one problem without the spring. Sometimes it turns on the blades when you don't want it to.
Terry
terrydec is offline Find More Posts by terrydec
Old Mar 13, 2011, 08:07 PM
Super Modder!
Buena Vista, VA
Joined Feb 2011
124 Posts
Quote:
What are so far the best mods to remove weight out of the S107, and what parts did you guys replace with?
The mods all depend on your skill with certain tools and how much you really want to do. Most weight reduction mods include cutting down some of the metal from the side plates (some people even remove the top plates altogether). If you look it up, there is actually a Speed Mod forum on here just for the S107. Thats actually where I spend alot of my time. Sooooo, If you want some weight reduction info, check out that thread. Should give you all you need to know. Otherwise, if you PM me, Id be glad to help you out (Im sure everyone else on here would be happy to help also).

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...227023&page=26

Check about 6 posts down on that link.... You can see what I did to mine...
Ritzone is offline Find More Posts by Ritzone
Old Mar 13, 2011, 08:13 PM
Scotland
Joined Oct 2010
291 Posts
Quote:
They both TBE or something like it.

No wonder both have flying problems check out the chunks missing from the blades...
Klippie is offline Find More Posts by Klippie
Old Mar 13, 2011, 08:40 PM
Joined Jan 2007
105 Posts
Quote:
They both TBE or something like it, I'm guessing that a little maintenance may cure both.
My S107 had TBE right out of the box. Did a search here and read everything on how to correct it.
Tried different things but no luck!

Link here on TBE: http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/toilet-bowl-effect.html
It says TBE is caused by a problem with upper rotor and flybar.

So I messed around with that and solved my TBE problem.
What I did was push one of the buckles on the flybar off the ball towards the shaft.
Shazam! No more TBE. Can't explain it -don't know why -but it worked.
Verewolf is offline Find More Posts by Verewolf