SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Mar 12, 2011, 04:14 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelstoops View Post
"... And for you, sir?"
"yes, i'd like to order the braised s107 with leds."
"with blades or without?"
"without. And can i have the lithium sauce on the side?"
"certainly. That comes with a cooked charger or gyroscope with sprinkling of hobby solder."
"i'll have the solder."
"excellent choice, sir."
:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
terrydec is offline Find More Posts by terrydec
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 12, 2011, 04:16 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
Gee, THAT didn't work.
{:-)
terrydec is offline Find More Posts by terrydec
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2011, 05:40 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
MaladroitFL's Avatar
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelstoops View Post
"... and for you, sir?"
"Yes, I'd like to order the braised S107 with LEDs."
"With blades or without?"
"Without. And can I have the lithium sauce on the side?"
"Certainly. That comes with a cooked charger or gyroscope with sprinkling of hobby solder."
"I'll have the solder."
"Excellent choice, sir."
Can you check the CG on this dish? I prefer a well-balanced meal.

MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2011, 05:55 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2011
277 Posts
Dang there are like 500 pages on this thread, but I wanted to know: What is the most successful battery upgrade on the 107 so far? Whats the stock battery in mah, and whats the upgraded battery? Please mention where you got the upgraded battery
RCHeli11 is offline Find More Posts by RCHeli11
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2011, 06:20 PM
Registered User
scorp's Avatar
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
stock is 150mah, you can upgrade to 180 or 240 keeping in mind its going to add weight and increase charge times so 180mah is probably an optimal upgrade if you feel the need to upgrade
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2011, 06:36 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2011
277 Posts
Do you know the stock battery on the 6020 or LiteHawk Pro?

Wish there was a pic comparing all 3 side by side.
RCHeli11 is offline Find More Posts by RCHeli11
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2011, 06:44 PM
Registered User
scorp's Avatar
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
6020 comes with 180 cause its heavier and litehawk i have no clue but thats the same thing as jxd335 so probably a 180, none of these sub micros come with over 180 stock
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 12:16 AM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2011
277 Posts
So both could be upgradable if needed. Which would you go for the 6020 or s107? Which has longer battery life stock?
RCHeli11 is offline Find More Posts by RCHeli11
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 07:06 AM
Want heli used electonics
United States, WA, Pasco
Joined Mar 2011
184 Posts
OK, folks. Here's a little preview at the documentation I'm working on for the S107. The whole thing needs to be A) completed and B) checked. So it's nowhere near ready. But you can have a look at it if you want.

Michael
michaelstoops is offline Find More Posts by michaelstoops
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 11:53 AM
Registered User
scorp's Avatar
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHeli11 View Post
So both could be upgradable if needed. Which would you go for the 6020 or s107? Which has longer battery life stock?
they are both relatively reliable and have a different feel to them, personally i like the s107 better as my 6020s tend to collect dust... battery life in terms of lifetime is relatively the same as long as you take care of the lipo it should outlast the lifetime of the motors easily and that means do not fly over 5-6 min and allow 5-10 min cool off time before and after charges.


Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelstoops View Post
OK, folks. Here's a little preview at the documentation I'm working on for the S107. The whole thing needs to be A) completed and B) checked. So it's nowhere near ready. But you can have a look at it if you want.
great work michael and a great structure and professionalism in the doc
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 02:56 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2011
1 Posts
Hi guys I am new here. Very good forum! I just bought my First heli (s107g clone) from demonerrr off eBay. I really wanted a genuine s107g from Syma but wanted to keep costs below $25.

I am very excited for the day it arrives. Anyway I would like to get a lot of use out of this Heli. Are the s107g's compatible with various "Low Battery Buzzers" that everyone sells, like this one and this one? If so, how do I install such buzzer on to my Heli? [I could not find anything on the web]. Or am I crazy, and these buzzers are not for s107 type Helis.

Many thanks!
filter97 is offline Find More Posts by filter97
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 03:18 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2011
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
they are both relatively reliable and have a different feel to them, personally i like the s107 better as my 6020s tend to collect dust... battery life in terms of lifetime is relatively the same as long as you take care of the lipo it should outlast the lifetime of the motors easily and that means do not fly over 5-6 min and allow 5-10 min cool off time before and after charges.
Awesome, thanks.

Does this look legit, or did anyone got anything from them: http://www.rc-fever.com/syma-s107g-3...th=337_669_563

And would this work on the s107? http://www.rc-fever.com/lipolymer-ba...ath=81_426_654

I also think its completely non-sense to buy any parts for the S107 if the whole thing is cheap: just buy 2 or 3, fly them, if one needs parts, use one of them, and get another one for even more parts...
RCHeli11 is offline Find More Posts by RCHeli11
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 03:59 PM
Registered User
scorp's Avatar
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
sure two is better than one to spread the load on the motors, as far as 240 lipo i would skip that, stock 150mah is more than plenty for these, many 240 lipos out there are of questionable qualities/ratings so its luck of the draw.
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 04:06 PM
Registered User
Joined Mar 2011
277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
sure two is better than one to spread the load on the motors, as far as 240 lipo i would skip that, stock 150mah is more than plenty for these, many 240 lipos out there are of questionable qualities/ratings so its luck of the draw.
Cool, any ideas on that rc-fever.com site? They have a combo deal which is 2 s107, and you can also buy a separate s107 just by itself, which is nice. Have not seen many places that offer the s107 by itself without the TX with it.

scorp: where would you go to get a 240 lipo with a good quality?
RCHeli11 is offline Find More Posts by RCHeli11
Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2011, 04:17 PM
Registered User
Gillette, WY
Joined Feb 2011
55 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCHeli11 View Post
Awesome, thanks.

Does this look legit, or did anyone got anything from them: http://www.rc-fever.com/syma-s107g-3...th=337_669_563

And would this work on the s107? http://www.rc-fever.com/lipolymer-ba...ath=81_426_654

I also think its completely non-sense to buy any parts for the S107 if the whole thing is cheap: just buy 2 or 3, fly them, if one needs parts, use one of them, and get another one for even more parts...
Got mine on amazon with free shipping for 27.00
tshelby73 is offline Find More Posts by tshelby73
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale 3-channel Micro IR S107 Metal HoneyBee Helicopter No.ES0107 (with Gyro) mictopwin Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 8 May 09, 2011 02:47 PM
Discussion V-max .vs. Falcon-X .vs. Syma 3 S107? 7immy Mini Helis 12 Apr 07, 2011 05:11 PM
Discussion Mosquito 3CH Radio Control Helicopter Version 2 by Syma Wayno-san Micro Ready-to-Fly 39 Dec 26, 2010 03:36 PM