HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 29, 2010, 02:37 PM
United States, NY, New York
Joined Apr 2010
37 Posts
Hey Madcate, first, try replacing the batteries and see if the problem still exist. Second, on the plugs, the female holes are bottom most, as is the male pins on the heli. Just match them up. regardless of arrow.
As far as the charging L.E.D. lights, I have yet to try it. To save the batteries,I use the usb connection. Hod on I'll check the booklet...........OK, when you hook it up, the green lite will turn red. After fully charged the red lite will mturn green.
I hope this helps. Happy flying...................
Badland52 is offline Find More Posts by Badland52
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2010, 02:56 PM
Joined Mar 2010
96 Posts
Got it yesterday, it's amazing. There's something I don't seem to understand, however. What's the startup sequence? I mean, I turn it on, and then a random time passes until the green led stops blinking, sometimes 30 seconds!
hallucynogenyc is offline Find More Posts by hallucynogenyc
Old Apr 29, 2010, 02:57 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
The green light ottent blink. Batteries would be my first guess.

I do get green instead of the red I expected unless it is plugged in firmly. These aren't exactly NASA-grade connectors.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Apr 29, 2010, 03:01 PM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallucynogenyc View Post
Got it yesterday, it's amazing. There's something I don't seem to understand, however. What's the startup sequence? I mean, I turn it on, and then a random time passes until the green led stops blinking, sometimes 30 seconds!
Are you holding the heli at an angle while you turn it on? Sounds like the gyro is struggling to 'level' itself.

Turn on the Tx, place the heli on a FLAT surface ie coffee table and turn it on, keeping it level. Light should blink for a couple of seconds only while the gyro sets itself.
Redbaron25 is offline Find More Posts by Redbaron25
Old Apr 29, 2010, 03:14 PM
Joined Apr 2010
37 Posts
Thanks Adma20
I'll let you know how I made out.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 03:20 PM
Joined Apr 2010
37 Posts
the green lite shoulod turn red. After charge the lite should turn green. ALSO! the arrow should be on the bottom! The little bumps should be on top, when plugged in.
My lite was green I plugged it in and it turned red.Charged for 2 minutes (fully charged yesterday), and now its green again.
Old Apr 29, 2010, 03:25 PM
Joined Apr 2010
37 Posts
-These instructions are for CHARGING! warting the heli) the gyro green lite wilol blink until the signal binds and then it will be stady. Ready to fly
Old Apr 29, 2010, 03:29 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Apr 2007
4,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hallucynogenyc View Post
That's the gyro trying to sync. I'll hold my S107 in my hand and turn it on. The green light will continue to blink as long as the gyro detects motion. Once I set it down on the table or floor the green light will go solid after 2 or 3 seconds.

This is normal.

Bill
Sir Raleigh is offline Find More Posts by Sir Raleigh
Old Apr 29, 2010, 03:31 PM
Joined Apr 2010
37 Posts
This is funny.....WE have two subjects going at the same time. Charging the Heli, and flying the Heli. And both subjects involve a green lite .
Charging - Green turns Red, when fully charged turns green again.
Flying - When starting gyro lite will bllink until signal binds (make sure controller can see the heli. When bind is complkete the blinking green lite will be steady... I hope this solves any confusion..... nHappy bflying
Old Apr 29, 2010, 03:38 PM
Raleigh, NC
Joined Apr 2007
4,764 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badland52 View Post
This is funny.....WE have two subjects going at the same time. Charging the Heli, and flying the Heli. And both subjects involve a green lite .
Charging - Green turns Red, when fully charged turns green again.
Flying - When starting gyro lite will bllink until signal binds (make sure controller can see the heli. When bind is complkete the blinking green lite will be steady... I hope this solves any confusion..... nHappy bflying
This is not the way my S107 works...

I don't even have to turn the controller on but the heli's green light will go from blinking to solid shortly after I set it down and it becomes stable.

Controller on or off has nothing to do with it.

Bill
Sir Raleigh is offline Find More Posts by Sir Raleigh
Old Apr 29, 2010, 03:54 PM
Joined Apr 2010
37 Posts
Hey KB, have you tried changing the rear prop with any other heli. Like a havoc, or other? I just got my S107, and compared to the copies, X-power,777-112, same thing ,different name, the S107 is in a class by itself.
If it (heli) has less then 4 gears, it's not a S107
Old Apr 29, 2010, 03:56 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
The HELI light has no red. I thought everyone knew that. The HELI light will continue blinking GRN until you stop jiggling it for 2 seconds. Apparently waiting for several successive matching gyro null readings. Apparently smarter than previous generation gyros which would store null whether it was moving or not and then yaw its brains out. The HELI light is completely oblivious to the condition of the TRANSMITTER.

The TRANSMITTER light is supposed to be GRN in operate mode, RED in charge mode until complete, and I don't know whether it ever blinks or not. But 8 of 9 transmitters I own have some indication that the batteries are dying so it's not unreasonable to expect the 107 does too and blinking green would be that indication.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Apr 29, 2010, 03:58 PM
Joined Apr 2010
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Raleigh View Post
This is not the way my S107 works...

I don't even have to turn the controller on but the heli's green light will go from blinking to solid shortly after I set it down and it becomes stable.

Controller on or off has nothing to do with it.

Bill
Thinking about my E-flites. Sorry bout that. Keep'em flyin. What ever ya have
Old Apr 29, 2010, 04:04 PM
Joined Apr 2010
37 Posts
Hey your right1 I turned on the heli(without the control) it blinked a couple times then went solid. Learning every day............
Love these 3ch's............
Old Apr 29, 2010, 04:10 PM
Joined Mar 2010
96 Posts
What you say makes sense except at the part in which you say the Tx has nothing to do with it. At least, in the 60XX series, the light blinks until you send a "throttle" signal so that the heli knows at what channel the Tx is. If it's the way you say it, how do you change the channel on the heli? Also, have you realized you only have 2 channels on the Tx although it should have 3? At least, my switch has only 2 positions!
hallucynogenyc is offline Find More Posts by hallucynogenyc