SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 11, 2011, 10:38 PM
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
Ls-109

While I was waiting for my 107, which took two months to arrive, I bought an LS-109 which was on sale with free shipping. I now have them both and I like the 109 a LOT better.
Terry
terrydec is offline Find More Posts by terrydec
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2011, 10:44 PM
Want heli used electonics
United States, WA, Pasco
Joined Mar 2011
184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrydec View Post
While I was waiting for my 107, which took two months to arrive, I bought an LS-109 which was on sale with free shipping. I now have them both and I like the 109 a LOT better.
Terry
How so?
michaelstoops is offline Find More Posts by michaelstoops
Old Mar 11, 2011, 11:16 PM
Joined Feb 2011
10 Posts
The cats finally chewed up the tail fins so I removed the fins and tail supports. The helicopter is very sporty but the tail boom vibrates quite a bit and the gyro gets a little squirrelly. Is it normal or do I need to tighten something?
ryanbytes is offline Find More Posts by ryanbytes
Old Mar 11, 2011, 11:26 PM
Grand Rapids, MI
Joined Jan 2011
18 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post

I am so angry that I wanna punch my S107 in the face.

Tonight it was running erratically, doing nice pirouettes that I didn't put into the stick. It did some leap frogging -- also unauthorized. But mostly it would just cut out and fall from the ceiling area to the floor.
My designated fly room has 12' ceilings and a tiled floor, so it did not exactly land neatly.
This sounds exactly like the behavior of my Chinese sourced 107. I ran it on a second known good controller with no change, it's definately in the bird. I fly in a car dealership after sun down so there's no interference. Besides, I've flown my first one there no problem.

I may sneak it home to take the canopy off and snoop around inside.

Also, for what it's worth I ordered from dwhitmore3 a parts kit and it didn't ship for about a week. An email spurred them on & I'm now in possession of the parts but I'm not filled with confidence.

Also, I ordered a couple tail rotors from HeliPal (U803-Z-12 Tail Rotor Blade (UDI-Parts-U803-Z-12) = USD $3.80) back on 1/28 and have yet to get the package. They claimed in an email that USPS returned it as undeliverable to my address, we're now on the second try, supposedly shipped on 3/3.

Not to end on a downer, I LOVE my first two S107's. I've absolutely wrecked the original blades; they look terrible but still fly great!
devilsbite is offline Find More Posts by devilsbite
Old Mar 11, 2011, 11:31 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolh View Post
Okay I hear you guys loud and clear, so what would you suggest as a fairly good co-axial outdoor model, how does the FXD stack up.

Karol
if you want to stay on 3ch a FXD or a Double Horse 9101 or 9100 (single blade)... xheli carries all those typically but maybe out of stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbytes View Post
The cats finally chewed up the tail fins so I removed the fins and tail supports. The helicopter is very sporty but the tail boom vibrates quite a bit and the gyro gets a little squirrelly. Is it normal or do I need to tighten something?
put the tail supports back on as they are there to limit vibration, the fin is not necessary.
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Mar 11, 2011, 11:50 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,326 Posts
Quote:
Terry
Terry,
I got a yellow 107 2 weeks ago and a green MJX T-37 earlier this week and I have to say that there's no comparison: the T-37 kicks SYMA's butt from here to Hong Kong!

I had no idea that the T-37 had a light switch on the controller to turn the bright white headlight on and off.
And I was even more surprised to find a TURBO button on the top of the controller too! Add-in the fact that it hovers with a nice hum and glides as smooth as a low n' slow mSR, and you just can;t beat it.

It was 18 bucks and some change on eBay and only $9.80 to ship. Got here in 13 days.

I had to order another one yesterday!
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Mar 11, 2011, 11:56 PM
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
Terry,
I got a yellow 107 2 weeks ago and a green MJX T-37 earlier this week and I have to say that there's no comparison: the T-37 kicks SYMA's butt from here to Hong Kong!

I had no idea that the T-37 had a light switch on the controller to turn the bright white headlight on and off.
And I was even more surprised to find a TURBO button on the top of the controller too! Add-in the fact that it hovers with a nice hum and glides as smooth as a low n' slow mSR, and you just can;t beat it.

It was 18 bucks and some change on eBay and only $9.80 to ship. Got here in 13 days.

I had to order another one yesterday!
I'll have to check that out.
I may have to give up my other hobby.
About the LS-109-
It takes less time to charge, flies longer, is more maneuverable, has more flexible blades, and it drives the dog crazier than the SYMA
Terry
Old Mar 12, 2011, 09:12 AM
Houston, The Republic of Texas
Joined Oct 2010
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolh View Post
I just pulled the trigger on another yellow 107 from X Heli and had planned to keep this one as a hangar queen for possible spares, however if I decide otherwise I will donate same.

Karol
If you're going to get one just for spare parts think about getting an S105 instead. The only difference is the PCB and TX (and the canopy). If you can get one for less $$ then I'd declare "good deal".
RedHorse1 is offline Find More Posts by RedHorse1
Old Mar 12, 2011, 11:12 AM
Closed Account
Joined Sep 2005
589 Posts
new home

"toasted" 107 sent to michaelstoops. Have given up till next winter on s107- still have two 6010's and 4 new 240mah cells. jim
jim e is offline Find More Posts by jim e
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 12, 2011, 11:38 AM
Joined Feb 2011
23 Posts
subject1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mimphis View Post
Not sure if there are seperate threads but Hey! Im new to this forum and new pilot. I do have to start with a big thanks. When researching these little guys this forum was a big help in deciding the 107 was a good choice. Also nice to know there are so many tinkerers like me running around. Personally the 107 is alot of fun and great starter. I burned out the rear motor about 2 hrs after I opened the box. So already taken the entire heli apart and replaced the motor. Again its fun! Getting some minor TBE but some adjustments have helped. Think Ill go ahead and order new wear parts now and while I'm at it I think Ill just buy 3 more of these little buggers as the woman won't give me the remote back till the batteries are almost dead. LOL Keep it up here guys.

Maybe we should have a bunch of subforums as the 400+ pages of this one thread are alot to get lost in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Yeah, this thread is getting too big to find anything anymore. It's not against the rules to start a new thread for a specific issue.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
Yeah, but it's kind of like participating in the building of the world's largest ball of twine, don't ya think?
subject1 Trying to find information on a specific subject or responses to a specific post is very difficult on this hugh thread.

I suggest that posters and responders use a (search word). The search word is a unique word that would make it possible for members to search the thread for only those posts and responses related to a specific subject. For this post the search word is subject1. I'm thinking that the search engine will order its' results in the sequence they are sumitted. This should make it possible for a viewer to see a ordered discussioin of the specific subject.

I have placed the search word (subject1) at the begining of this post. Please make related posts or responses searchable by placing this search word at the begining of your post.
HuhWhat is offline Find More Posts by HuhWhat
Old Mar 12, 2011, 11:43 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim e View Post
"toasted" 107 sent to michaelstoops. Have given up till next winter on s107- still have two 6010's and 4 new 240mah cells. jim
how did those 240s work out on the 6010s, were they able to physically fit?
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Mar 12, 2011, 11:52 AM
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
Don't forget that these birds are cheaper than a decent meal. They were probably built by some kids sitting in the dirt beside a river full of junk for fifty cents a day. Or not, who knows.
The point is that you can't expect a $20 'copter to fly like one for $100. I think they are a great stress reliever and a fun way to drive a dog crazy.
Terry
Old Mar 12, 2011, 12:42 PM
Joined Feb 2011
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
put the tail supports back on as they are there to limit vibration, the fin is not necessary.
Cats got those too. :/
ryanbytes is offline Find More Posts by ryanbytes
Old Mar 12, 2011, 02:46 PM
United States, WA, Pasco
Joined Mar 2011
184 Posts
Quote:
Don't forget that these birds are cheaper than a decent meal.
"... and for you, sir?"
"Yes, I'd like to order the braised S107 with LEDs."
"With blades or without?"
"Without. And can I have the lithium sauce on the side?"
"Certainly. That comes with a cooked charger or gyroscope with sprinkling of hobby solder."
"I'll have the solder."
"Excellent choice, sir."
Old Mar 12, 2011, 02:48 PM
United States, WA, Pasco
Joined Mar 2011
184 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim e View Post
Thank you! I'm working up some docs and I'll have an early version posted soon.

Michael