HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 09, 2010, 08:29 AM
Gastonia, NC
Joined Dec 2009
439 Posts
I am tempted to go in on one of these. I have the MCX S300, and have a Blade MSR on order...but this looks like it could be some cheap fun. Nice seeing parts can be had.
ontwowheels is offline Find More Posts by ontwowheels
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 09, 2010, 09:24 AM
Joined Aug 2006
819 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tibimakai View Post
what is the difference between this s107 and the 60xx helis? why the s107 is more expensive?
I have a s107 and a 6025-1.

the s107 is the better flying heli, hands down. it has a better controller, longer flights times, is more responsive and more stable. the only advantage the 6025 has is it is way smaller and therefore much cooler. the 6025 also charges much faster, but has only about half the flight time of the s107.

I haven't seen a 6020 or 6023 so I can't compare it to those, which would probably be a better comparison.

If having the smallest heli you can get isn't important to you, I'd suggest the s107 over the 6025.
derelicte is offline Find More Posts by derelicte
Old Feb 10, 2010, 07:47 AM
Gastonia, NC
Joined Dec 2009
439 Posts
I am in 4 1, I couldn't resist.
Old Feb 11, 2010, 09:52 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,129 Posts
My daughter is pretty good with a little Air Hogs heli which really is difficult to fly for any length of time without hitting something so I'd like to get her an S107. Target Hobby has them in stock. Anyone know if Target is in the US? Any other US based dealers?

Thanks
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:07 PM
San Dimas, 40 km east of Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2002
1,344 Posts
xheli.com
The s-107 is out of stock $ 29.95
S-105 is $27.95 in stock ( w/o gyro )
I got my 107 at the AMA show in Ontario, Ca for $25.
I regretted buying only one !.
ktoey is offline Find More Posts by ktoey
Old Feb 11, 2010, 10:54 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,129 Posts
Turns out the Target Hobby is in HK. I bit the bullet and ordered the S107 from them. I wanted to get her the one with the gyro.

I hope she lets me play with it.
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Feb 11, 2010, 11:32 PM
Walkera CB100 Owner
Pittsburgh, Pa
Joined Jan 2010
114 Posts
good choice with the gyro.. she'll love it and if she can fly a air hogz good she should have no difficulty whatsoever with these right out of the box. I've flown mine and crashed into just about everything I can think of and just broke the yellow tail blade piece which is just for decoration anyway. They are very durable and anyone should be able to fly them after a few runs.

I liked mine so much I took the plunge and just purchased my first fixed pitch heli... A hobby grade one the walkera cb100. I was going to go with the MSR but looking at all the plastic and the reviews the cb100 seems like a way better choice for the money you're spending... Hearing all the horror stories of the Blade MSR being too touchy to fly indoors and the tail parts being out of stock in the entire country, I feel as though I've made a good purchase to put me one step closer to purchasing a big heli I can do 3d with.
Ox1de is offline Find More Posts by Ox1de
Old Feb 12, 2010, 08:08 AM
Gastonia, NC
Joined Dec 2009
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox1de View Post
good choice with the gyro.. she'll love it and if she can fly a air hogz good she should have no difficulty whatsoever with these right out of the box. I've flown mine and crashed into just about everything I can think of and just broke the yellow tail blade piece which is just for decoration anyway. They are very durable and anyone should be able to fly them after a few runs.

I liked mine so much I took the plunge and just purchased my first fixed pitch heli... A hobby grade one the walkera cb100. I was going to go with the MSR but looking at all the plastic and the reviews the cb100 seems like a way better choice for the money you're spending... Hearing all the horror stories of the Blade MSR being too touchy to fly indoors and the tail parts being out of stock in the entire country, I feel as though I've made a good purchase to put me one step closer to purchasing a big heli I can do 3d with.
Off topic but I will be interested in what you think about the cb100. I currently have the Blade MCX S300 and really like it. I ordered the MSR recently, a big plus for me was the 4 port charger and two extra batteries that I can use with my S300. Anyway, the MSR was damaged out of the box, the main rotor shaft was bent so it is in the process of being replaced.

Let us know how the cb100 goes.

FYI. I ordered the S107 from ebay, from superdealever mentioned in the thread. I got an email, they are out of the yellow and asked if red was ok. I responded I was fine with the red so I am waiting on that.
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:15 AM
San Dimas, 40 km east of Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2002
1,344 Posts
Carrera,
How old is your daughter ?.
I was going to buy one for my friend's 10 yr old son birthday but decided not to after I read the warning on the box " 14 (?) years or older ".
Just make sure she wears eye protection.

What toy does not carry warning these days ?.
.. and in California:
Electronic products.
Product may contain lead known to be dangerous to the state of California.

Before you enter a restaurant or bar:
Drinking wine is known to be dangerous to pregnant women to the State of California.
Should read: " Men drinking wine is known to cause pregnancies all over the world... and may be beyond !. "
ktoey is offline Find More Posts by ktoey
Old Feb 12, 2010, 10:22 AM
Joined Aug 2006
819 Posts
I solved the slightly tail heavy balance problem with my s107 by removing the two tail boom support rods. now the heli hovers perfectly!
derelicte is offline Find More Posts by derelicte
Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:26 AM
Infinite Zenith
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Sep 2006
2,467 Posts
Mine is arriving today
Draven is offline Find More Posts by Draven
Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:43 AM
Gastonia, NC
Joined Dec 2009
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planelover93 View Post
Mine is arriving today
How long did it take?
Old Feb 15, 2010, 09:59 AM
Infinite Zenith
Joined Sep 2006
2,467 Posts
3 Business Days
Old Feb 15, 2010, 10:04 AM
Gastonia, NC
Joined Dec 2009
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by planelover93 View Post
3 Business Days
Did you order from ebay? If so what seller? Just curious.
Old Feb 15, 2010, 10:06 AM
Infinite Zenith
Joined Sep 2006
2,467 Posts
Yes, http://myworld.ebay.com/srhdistribution2/