HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 03, 2011, 06:58 AM
United States, LA, Baton Rouge
Joined Feb 2011
105 Posts
I have 53 flights on my first S107. Yesterday morning I noticed the battery crapping out two minutes into a flight. I let it cool and charged it, took about 50 minutes to charge. Let it cool and proceeded to fly a timed 5 minute flight, no problems. Let it cool before charging again, took about 25 minutes which has been the normal charge time for a five minute flight. Ok, I let it sit all day, when I fly again in early evening battery crapping out again at two minutes. Arghhh! So I charge again after cooling and it sits overnight. This morning I put it back on the charger to see if maybe I am losing a charge when it sits. Nope, it took one minute to charge, and I got a 5 minute timed flight out of it. Very strange
andouille is offline Find More Posts by andouille
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 03, 2011, 08:49 AM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,322 Posts
andouille, I had a very similar problem. Check the solder joints on the battery wires to the PCB. My red wire was touching the metal frame of the heli and was raising all heck with it. Check for loose or cold solder joints too on the POS and NEG wires at the PCB.

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Mar 03, 2011, 08:54 AM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
My S107 is broken. Boo.... Something broke or wore out at the upper blade grips and the rotor shaft. So the blades wobbles everywhere and it either the fly bar or the lower blades whenever it spins up. I hate to spend $10 to repair a $30 heli.
impostor is offline Find More Posts by impostor
Old Mar 03, 2011, 09:02 AM
Joined May 2010
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by impostor View Post
My S107 is broken. Boo.... Something broke or wore out at the upper blade grips and the rotor shaft. So the blades wobbles everywhere and it either the fly bar or the lower blades whenever it spins up. I hate to spend $10 to repair a $30 heli.

Easy, just spend $30 and buy a new one, keeping the old one for spares

Karol
Karolh is offline Find More Posts by Karolh
Old Mar 03, 2011, 09:07 AM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karolh View Post
Easy, just spend $30 and buy a new one, keeping the old one for spares

Karol
I like this idea!!!
impostor is offline Find More Posts by impostor
Old Mar 03, 2011, 09:27 AM
Joined Jan 2011
5 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
blue s107 and its canopy is only available for the US market so you will probably have a difficult time finding it anywhere else but who knows that may change over time.
The blue S107 was available from a least one supplier in Australia for a while, which is where I got mine. But yes, you can’t even buy blue from China, which is where they make it!

If anyone in Australia has a spare blue canopy which is no longer needed, please PM me and we’ll work out a deal.
Phoenix Five is offline Find More Posts by Phoenix Five
Old Mar 03, 2011, 10:48 AM
Joined Feb 2011
10 Posts
Xheli has the blue S107 on their Amazon store.

http://www.amazon.com/shops/xheli_com
ryanbytes is offline Find More Posts by ryanbytes
Old Mar 03, 2011, 10:53 AM
Joined Dec 2010
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrydec View Post
And does anybody want the transmitter, since it will be included with the new one?

Terry
Yes please! PM me and we can work out details, but I am definitely in the market for a new TX.

Sorry your S107 experience has been so frustrating so far. It is such a fun toy that those few flights are more than enough to hook you. The good news is once you do get one that flies, you'll already be an expert on its inner workings...with a ton of spare parts to boot!
onemanswarm is offline Find More Posts by onemanswarm
Old Mar 03, 2011, 10:55 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrydec View Post
I carefully soldered the wires to the board, re-assembled it and charged it up. So far, so good.
However, it won't fly.
I've checked everything. It's the right replacement board, an R3. There are no shorts. External voltage makes all of the motors work. It just won't fly.
just out of curiosity, the motors are spinning and yet it won't take off and fly or?
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Mar 03, 2011, 10:57 AM
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chymmylt View Post

I'm really beginning to think this copter might become a parts copter for my other one unfortunately

Thanks for your suggestions!

Chy
It happens. It happened to me last night.
Terry
terrydec is offline Find More Posts by terrydec
Old Mar 03, 2011, 11:01 AM
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
just out of curiosity, the motors are spinning and yet it won't take off and fly or?
Sorry, only the tail rotor spins. I got carried away in my rant and rave. I didn't test the others.
My bad.
Terry
Old Mar 03, 2011, 11:52 AM
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
So?

So-
I just bought one on eBay for $27, free shipping. It's SUPPOSED to be shipped from Brooklyn and will arrive next Monday or Tuesday. I sure hope so. I bought it because I have all of the parts, except the board of course.
I have this board, that was shipped by mistake-
It appears to be an R5 but what's with that thing sticking up? Will it fit in the chassis? I guess I should hang onto it. If the new 'copter has an R5 board will my old transmitter work?
Thanks-
Terry
Old Mar 03, 2011, 12:04 PM
Team Wack-a-Mole
Maryland
Joined Oct 2008
8,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbytes View Post
Xheli has the blue S107 on their Amazon store.

http://www.amazon.com/shops/xheli_com
I added to my cart to find out the shipping and had to log in and do a bunch of clicking through. Just under $30
Basically the same price at Hobbyparts with free shipping. (search on S107 to see all the Syma helis). Most stuff from them ship the next day depending on their order backlog. They had a 10% coupon when I got my S110G, but only the 5% coupon seems to be working. That right now makes it slightly cheaper and you still get reasonable shipping time.One thing I've experianced with Amazon was when you buy from another company through amazon, any problem with orders i've just had red tape to go through. Last 2 things I ordered from Amazon stores took 3 days to process the order. Anyone gotten anything from Xheli and Amazon How long it take?
Melnic is offline Find More Posts by Melnic
Last edited by Melnic; Oct 12, 2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old Mar 03, 2011, 01:44 PM
Joined Feb 2011
10 Posts
I got the S107 I linked to. It shipped the next day.
ryanbytes is offline Find More Posts by ryanbytes
Old Mar 03, 2011, 02:01 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Tail Motor popped out

I didn't notice it when it crashed, because it had landed upright. But when I pushed the left stick, my 107 went bananas.

Then I saw the motor dangling out of it's holder.

Not an issue - just push it back in, right?
Nope.

Those wires, that were so-neatly looped under it when new, were now crunched inside beneath the motor inside the housing. The rotor was now spinning at an even-height and less than 1/4" from the lower main!

I was afraid that a sudden stop might torque the main shaft back far enough to decimate my rotor prop.

So, I pushed the motor back out and then fed a threaded sewing needle up and through the tail rotor housing. I wrapped the wires a few times with the sewing thread, then fed the needle back down through the housing.
Once I had the needle pulling tight on those wires, I pushed the motor back in, while pulling on the thread beneath at the same time.
Boom.

The wires popped back out and the motor seated properly in its casing.
A little drop of CA gel - not liquid - and she's good as new.
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL