SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 24, 2011, 07:04 PM
Registered Abuser
Kelowna, BC Canada
Joined Nov 2010
270 Posts
If anyone in Canada (or the US if you don;t mind the shipping cost) needs S107 parts pm me. I've got heaps of parts laying around.
Chris.S. is offline Find More Posts by Chris.S.
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2011, 07:04 PM
Per Ardua ad Astra
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Jan 2005
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
yea how about an equal value gift card for her to this store, luxury shoe brands and heavily discounted prices, mine has been going nuts with that store lately and has been complaining less
This IS THE BEST piece of advice on this thread
Esprit 88 is offline Find More Posts by Esprit 88
Old Feb 24, 2011, 09:13 PM
Nebraska
Joined Dec 2007
442 Posts
I bought what I think is a clone of an S107 a month ago from some site in China. It arrived today. I couldn't pass it up, at under $15 shipped. But unfortunately its no where near as good as the S107. The gyro sucks, the heli pretty much just spins all the time. I try to trim it, but it either spins left or right all the time. Also the USB charging plug didn't want to fit into any of my computers, I had to take it out to the garage and grind some plastic off to make it fit. So my advice, stick with the S107 don't try to buy anything cheaper.

zirconx is offline Find More Posts by zirconx
Old Feb 24, 2011, 09:22 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
FeiHu? Qifel? Hm...smells awful similar, maybe just awful by itself.

This is so sad to see, I really thought PooH-Copters were a thing of the past...
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Old Feb 25, 2011, 08:27 AM
United States, LA, Baton Rouge
Joined Feb 2011
123 Posts
Question for multi-S107 owners. Do yours fly very much alike or no? I just flew my second 107 for the first time this morning and it is way faster and more responsive. My first heli has the R5 board as does the second. Also my first flight for the new 107 included a room size TBE spiral of death that ended with me chopping the throttle and the heli landing in my chair. I set it upright and it took off and flew fine for another minute or so. Felt almost like the gyro went wacky.
andouille is offline Find More Posts by andouille
Old Feb 25, 2011, 09:19 AM
Vroooom putta putta putta
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andouille View Post
Question for multi-S107 owners. Do yours fly very much alike or no?
I'm still new at this, having bought my first in January. My original S107 has an R12 board. Just got a new one yesterday with an R5. I also have a few other S107-class machines that arrived yesterday.

The two S107s are very close in operation though the new one does seem slightly quicker - less sedate. But just slightly. It is also noisier and I'm attributing that to it needing break-in.

The others are an almost identical-size X902B and the smaller-scale U807. These are also noisier in operation than my first S107 and fly very similarly except for being faster in forward flight.

The original has around 80 charges/flights on it.
SubtleT is offline Find More Posts by SubtleT
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:10 AM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
One Down...Two to go....

Okay, I pulled the trig on the green MJX T-37 that seems to be a re-canopied S107 (see attached photo). I really love the simple lines and green color!

This is a shaky deal, because it's coming from China in 10-15 days and this means its unexpected arrival could cause a flare-up 'tween me and the Mrs.

(My yellow S107 arrived on Monday, the Nine Eagles Bravo SX is coming today, then on Monday, my mSR is tracking to be back here after repairs at HH. Finally, on Tuesday, my repaired Exceed Warhark 300 Q5 police (Hughes) is set to be back from Xheli after an overhaul.)

This is NOT gonna be fun at all when she sees all these helis flying in the door from all over the world!!

But I had to try an MJX heli and this was the best deal I could find (eBay $28.30 incl. shipping) that was a 3ch, coaxial with a SYMA frame. Plus I love green - my favorite color!
I believe this heli is 0.4" longer than an S107. (190mm vs. 200 mm).

Anyway, I'm gonna need to buy ALOTTA SHOES for her!!!

Maybe this one will sneak in when it arrives from China?

One down, two to go= Still want the MJX F-27 white, and a new Blue S107.
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:37 AM
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
My experience is limited (only 7 helicopters here) but I find that unter-bar machines don't fly much like an S107.

At best there is no way this is an S107 in new clothes. Might be great though.

If you wanted something cheap and very S107-like there are lots of options if you can stand a 3-week delivery timeframe. I'm really liking my X902B.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:41 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Question for multi-S107 owners. Do yours fly very much alike or no? I just flew my second 107 for the first time this morning and it is way faster and more responsive. My first heli has the R5 board as does the second. Also my first flight for the new 107 included a room size TBE spiral of death that ended with me chopping the throttle and the heli landing in my chair. I set it upright and it took off and flew fine for another minute or so. Felt almost like the gyro went wacky.
no two are alike to the dot even if you get them from the same batch, there is variation in the manufacture and assembly both in electronic and mechanical aspect as these are cheap toys not milspec rated equipment... even hobby grade has those variations.
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:52 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zirconx View Post
I bought what I think is a clone of an S107 a month ago from some site in China. It arrived today. I couldn't pass it up, at under $15 shipped.
thats a variation of a 6020 not s107, those are typically only good when you get them under tried and tested san huan brand name otherwise its like flipping a coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubtleT View Post
The others are an almost identical-size X902B and the smaller-scale U807. These are also noisier in operation than my first S107 and fly very similarly except for being faster in forward flight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaladroitFL View Post
Okay, I pulled the trig on the green MJX T-37 that seems to be a re-canopied S107 (see attached photo). I really love the simple lines and green color!
its always good to try something new and who knows it may be a winner in the hiding, on both those i see faster forward flight as the tail motor seems to be juicier than s107s and on the mjxt37 the slightly longer tailboom may give it even more of an edge
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:45 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
Quote:
My experience is limited (only 7 helicopters here) but I find that unter-bar machines don't fly much like an S107.
Well now this is strange.

Are my eyes not working or was the MJX T-37 picture above showing the flybar under the upper blades earlier?
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:47 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1,092 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp View Post
its always good to try something new and who knows it may be a winner in the hiding
I guess you're right. We'll never know which are good until more people try a few of them.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 12:54 PM
The sparkle in your China
Joined Feb 2011
108 Posts
Quote:
Question for multi-S107 owners. Do yours fly very much alike or no?
I have two S107G models, and they fly virtually identically.
Ronzo is offline Find More Posts by Ronzo
Old Feb 25, 2011, 08:45 PM
No. Calif Bay Area
Joined Aug 2010
91 Posts
3 S107s and 1 FB.... All have slightly different traits which I prefer....
Duck05 is offline Find More Posts by Duck05
Old Feb 25, 2011, 09:44 PM
Flyin' low & slow T-28s!
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Feb 2011
3,324 Posts
Quote:
Well now this is strange.

Are my eyes not working or was the MJX T-37 picture above showing the flybar under the upper blades earlier?
I was wondering why you wrote that, but nope....it's the same photo, untouched.
I was going to ask you why you didn't think it could be a re-popped S107 based heli?

Another angle on it:
MaladroitFL is offline Find More Posts by MaladroitFL