to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2011, 11:17 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit 88 View Post
Hi scorp Thanks!
i would like to know what charge and flight times you are getting on those 240mahs
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Feb 02, 2011, 11:29 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
11,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI View Post
When you people use lube in this bird.. what kind of lube do you use? and where do you apply it? directly down the shaft?
I use Break Free CLP (Cleaner, Lubricant, Preservative))on my Lama V4. Have been for some time but, I haven't tried it on the S107. I reckon I will when I get her back in the air. I've been using this lube for more than 30 years on my fresh and salt water fishing reels and all my guns. Safe on plastic and teflon. Developed by the DoD (Dept of Defense) many years ago. Used by our troops to keep their weapons clean and free of dirt and sand. Just a little dab will do you.

Many lubes are NOT safe on plastic and teflon. Careful what you use, otherwise your gears may turn to mush.

Mike.
Chap1012 is online now Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Feb 02, 2011, 11:43 AM
Houston, The Republic of Texas
Joined Oct 2010
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
I use Break Free CLP (Cleaner, Lubricant, Preservative))on my Lama V4. Have been for some time but, I haven't tried it on the S107. I reckon I will when I get her back in the air. I've been using this lube for more than 30 years on my fresh and salt water fishing reels and all my guns. Safe on plastic and teflon. Developed by the DoD (Dept of Defense) many years ago. Used by our troops to keep their weapons clean and free of dirt and sand. Just a little dab will do you.

Many lubes are NOT safe on plastic and teflon. Careful what you use, otherwise your gears may turn to mush.

Mike.
Never heard of Break Free. Where do you get it? Gun shop?
RedHorse1 is offline Find More Posts by RedHorse1
Old Feb 02, 2011, 11:54 AM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
Never heard of Break Free. Where do you get it? Gun shop?
Exactly. Or a fine sporting goods store. You may find it in KMart ONLY if they sell firearms. Google it and you can also get it on line and give you a chance to read up on it. Expect to pay around $7.00 for a 4OZ. bottle.

Mike.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 12:15 PM
Joined Oct 2010
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Exactly. Or a fine sporting goods store. You may find it in KMart ONLY if they sell firearms. Google it and you can also get it on line and give you a chance to read up on it. Expect to pay around $7.00 for a 4OZ. bottle.

Mike.
There's a good gun shop in the Houston area that I'll check. KMarts are as rare as hen's teeth here. Thanks for the feedback!
Old Feb 02, 2011, 12:38 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,861 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
There's a good gun shop in the Houston area that I'll check. KMarts are as rare as hen's teeth here. Thanks for the feedback!
No KMart's...bummer. I thought the mid west and south had a KMart on every corner Follow the instructions to the "T". This is not your typical lube......you will never use anything else

Mike.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 01:20 PM
Joined Feb 2011
7 Posts
Help troubleshooting problem with S107

I need some help with a troubleshooting issue. The very top of the plastic piece on the upper part of the inner shaft broke and because of that the balance bar was no longer attached. I have replaced that piece and successfully (at least I thought) reassembled everything correctly.
However, now whenever the S107 lifts off the ground, it tips sharply over to the right and crashes to the ground (it does not turn to the right as if it were out of trim, but rather tips over like it has too much torque to the right or blades are pulling it over to the right).
Both sets of blades appear to be connected to the shafts (if you turn the blades the gears turn and both sets appear to spin as the same speed when the throttle is advanced).
Any suggestions as to what I should check?
Thanks.
AndrewFH is offline Find More Posts by AndrewFH
Old Feb 02, 2011, 01:29 PM
Joined Oct 2010
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewFH View Post
I need some help with a troubleshooting issue. The very top of the plastic piece on the upper part of the inner shaft broke and because of that the balance bar was no longer attached. I have replaced that piece and successfully (at least I thought) reassembled everything correctly.
However, now whenever the S107 lifts off the ground, it tips sharply over to the right and crashes to the ground (it does not turn to the right as if it were out of trim, but rather tips over like it has too much torque to the right or blades are pulling it over to the right).
Both sets of blades appear to be connected to the shafts (if you turn the blades the gears turn and both sets appear to spin as the same speed when the throttle is advanced).
Thanks.
Check for the absence of the fly-bar links (2 little dog-bone shaped things) or verify they are in the proper position. They should capture the balls on the grip and fly-bar, not be under the balls.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 01:32 PM
Epilepsy Awareness
Joined Mar 2008
11,861 Posts
Quote:
Thanks.
Did you grasp the gears between your fingers AND then try to rotate the upper and lower rotors to check for slippage?

Mike.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 03:12 PM
Registered Abuser
Kelowna, BC Canada
Joined Nov 2010
270 Posts
Quote:
Thanks.
Can you post a pic of the set-up right now? It sounds like you have rotor head or flybar problem but it's tough to say without being able to see it...

Does the flybar move freely?
Chris.S. is offline Find More Posts by Chris.S.
Old Feb 02, 2011, 04:10 PM
Joined Feb 2011
7 Posts
Thanks for responses

Thanks for the suggestions. I do know the fly-bar connectors are connected correctly. I'll check out the other suggestions and if none of those work, try to post photos.
AndrewFH is offline Find More Posts by AndrewFH
Old Feb 02, 2011, 07:30 PM
S107, S026
Nashville, TN
Joined Aug 2010
140 Posts
Quote:
Thanks.
Are both pivot pins still there? If one or both are broken it can do what you describe.
TSquare123 is offline Find More Posts by TSquare123
Old Feb 02, 2011, 07:34 PM
Greeley, Colorado, USA
Joined Feb 2000
2,914 Posts
Channel change?

Hi guys,

I recently picked up two of these little copters. Great living room fliers!

The two I have are both on the same channel, so can't be flown together. I'm wondering if I can switch one to a different channel.

I know the question has probably already been asked, but I couldn't find it in a search and don't have time to read all 400+ pages of this thread!

TIA,
Lenny
Lenny970 is online now Find More Posts by Lenny970
Old Feb 02, 2011, 07:49 PM
Joined Feb 2011
1 Posts
Hi!
my helicopter was not perfectly stable when I bought it. Now when I lift of, after a while, the instability increases and the wings and stabilizer hit each other and the heli colapses. I think it is a matter of weight balance, but I donīt know where to begin.
AMPEZZANMACIEL is offline Find More Posts by AMPEZZANMACIEL