Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 01, 2011, 01:42 PM
Joined Jan 2011
7 Posts
Iím glad to hear these helis are somewhat more durable than I thought; if I can get even half of 400 charges on the original lipo Iíll be very happy. I only fly over carpet, so on the rare occasion when I get into trouble I immediately cut the throttle and let it drop for a soft crash. Not game enough to try outdoors just yet!

My introduction to RC helis was a Syma S012 AH-64 Apache I received as a Christmas present. I liked flying it but kept having major crashes, smashing forcefully into the ceiling several times and developing TBE. Learning you could buy helis with a gyro led me to the S107.

Flying the S107 compared to grappling with the AH-64 was a revelation; I have yet to hit the ceiling and just watching it hover makes you appreciate the massive difference.
reded is offline Find More Posts by reded
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2011, 02:48 PM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
My gf and I have crashed our S107G probably close to a 100 times. So far, the only things broken are:

- tail boom supporting rod. I removed both now.
- 1 of the lower rotor blade cracked length wise. I electrical taped it up.

The S107G is vibrating due to the imbalanced rotor blades, but it still fly and turns and take more abuse. Love it!!!
impostor is offline Find More Posts by impostor
Old Feb 01, 2011, 02:52 PM
Houston, The Republic of Texas
Joined Oct 2010
106 Posts
[QUOTE=impostor;17278905]

QUOTE]

Some CA (super glue) would probably be lighter and leave it a little more ballanced.
RedHorse1 is offline Find More Posts by RedHorse1
Old Feb 01, 2011, 02:55 PM
Joined Jan 2011
4 Posts
Need help: The lower blade shaft is spinning on the gear ! How can this get fix? With out buying new set of gears. Can you glue the gear to the shaft without glueing to the lower gear? Has anybody tryed heating up the main shaft and then press it into the gear?
jamesrd is offline Find More Posts by jamesrd
Last edited by jamesrd; Feb 04, 2011 at 02:13 PM.
Old Feb 01, 2011, 02:57 PM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
[QUOTE=RedHorse1;17278936]
Quote:
Originally Posted by impostor View Post

QUOTE]

Some CA (super glue) would probably be lighter and leave it a little more ballanced.
I bought some Loctite super glue but it was really brittle and cracked right away at the next crash. Which brand do you recommend that will be better?
Old Feb 01, 2011, 03:19 PM
Joined Jan 2011
4 Posts
[QUOTE=impostor;17278985]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post

I bought some Loctite super glue but it was really brittle and cracked right away at the next crash. Which brand do you recommend that will be better?
Check out page 450, POST 6742 WHITEAIR
jamesrd is offline Find More Posts by jamesrd
Old Feb 01, 2011, 03:35 PM
NotAnotherMomentLostToSei zures
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
10,838 Posts
[QUOTE=impostor;17278985]
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post

I have used several types of CA's. I too have the "Loctite" super glue brand. It is brittle as you point out and is thin. Try "Gorilla" super glue. I love this stuff. Says right on the package..."Rubber toughened for impact strength." So, it is not brittle "Made In The USA"

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Feb 01, 2011, 03:37 PM
Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,240 Posts
When you people use lube in this bird.. what kind of lube do you use? and where do you apply it? directly down the shaft?
JLT_GTI is online now Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: CL-415 GuanLi
Old Feb 01, 2011, 03:48 PM
Renegade Eggroll
USA, IL, Chicago
Joined Jan 2011
788 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesrd View Post
Check out page 450, POST 6742 WHITEAIR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
I have used several types of CA's. I too have the "Loctite" super glue brand. It is brittle as you point out and is thin. Try "Gorilla" super glue. I love this stuff. Says right on the package..."Rubber toughened for impact strength." So, it is not brittle "Made In The USA"

Mike.
Thanks jamesrd and Chap1012 for the suggestions!
Old Feb 01, 2011, 05:00 PM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI View Post
When you people use lube in this bird.. what kind of lube do you use? and where do you apply it? directly down the shaft?
i dont use anything but if you want to go with ceramic grease only like tamiya or another brand
scorp is offline Find More Posts by scorp
Old Feb 01, 2011, 05:53 PM
Dub Cult.
Long Island NY
Joined Feb 2011
95 Posts
hey guys just a quick question on the battery I know a good bit has been gone over but its a quick fast Q. So I hope someone can help. I modded my Heli pretty much as crazy as i could think to go now that last thing im doing is the battery. I ordered the 240mah batter with the PCB on it so its safe to charge on the factory charger but i would like to make a removable battery so i can charge a few up and just swap them out. Now can i charge a battery with a pcb on a regular lipo charger. I have a good charger that goes to .1 charge rate so i figure i could charge a few little guys at once. Any help would be great so thank you in advance!!!

also any way to help on signal strength like modding the infared sensor on the heli or the controller?

Thank you so much!
c.raynes is offline Find More Posts by c.raynes
Old Feb 01, 2011, 06:48 PM
Houston, The Republic of Texas
Joined Oct 2010
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI View Post
Nothing Dino-based! Teflon or silicone methinks.
I put a SMALL dab at the top and bottom of the spacer shaft between the rotors and an even smaller dab on the gears. If you have it apart, clean the parts and gently lube the inner shaft and pivot point as well.
RedHorse1 is offline Find More Posts by RedHorse1
Old Feb 02, 2011, 07:29 AM
Per Ardua ad Astra
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Jan 2005
398 Posts
240 mah lipo pcb

Hey Guys

Just received a couple of 240 mah lipos instead of the standard replacement ones I ordered from HK.

On looking closely they do seem to have sort sort of tiny pcb attached. Can I assume this is a charge protection circuit and wire it directly to the main board?

Thanks.
Esprit 88 is offline Find More Posts by Esprit 88
Old Feb 02, 2011, 08:58 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit 88 View Post
Hey Guys

Just received a couple of 240 mah lipos instead of the standard replacement ones I ordered from HK.

On looking closely they do seem to have sort sort of tiny pcb attached. Can I assume this is a charge protection circuit and wire it directly to the main board?

Thanks.
yeap you are good and safe to go
Old Feb 02, 2011, 09:03 AM
Cupertino, CA
Joined Nov 2010
2,381 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c.raynes View Post
I ordered the 240mah batter with the PCB on it so its safe to charge on the factory charger but i would like to make a removable battery so i can charge a few up and just swap them out. Now can i charge a battery with a pcb on a regular lipo charger. I have a good charger that goes to .1 charge rate so i figure i could charge a few little guys at once. Any help would be great so thank you in advance!!!

also any way to help on signal strength like modding the infared sensor on the heli or the controller?

Thank you so much!
you can charge any way you deem efficient but swapping batts on these small birds will create too much stress on motors, they need to be cooled between flights and charges 5-10 min at least if you want them to last... as far as modding the ir sensor i doubt there is much you can do however if you figure it out let us know.