Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 10, 2011, 04:24 AM
Per Ardua ad Astra
Esprit 88's Avatar
United Kingdom, England, London
Joined Jan 2005
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoutfrenzy View Post
if you take the flybar weights out will it be unstable?
I removed my flybar weights, replacing the covers and screws and it was perfectly stable.

It now turns much more quickly and if you use the momentum of the turn into forward flight....much faster flying forward as well.
Esprit 88 is offline Find More Posts by Esprit 88
Last edited by Esprit 88; Jan 10, 2011 at 04:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2011, 05:32 AM
Registered User
Australia
Joined Nov 2010
36 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esprit 88 View Post
I removed my flybar weights, replacing the covers and screws and it was perfectly stable.

It now turns much more quickly and if you use the momentum of the turn into forward flight....much faster flying forward as well.
Great thanks, i'll take the weights off right now
scoutfrenzy is offline Find More Posts by scoutfrenzy
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 06:24 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
SoloProFan's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
They are for the two S107s I have ... which are both R5 boards. Not sure if the fact that you have a R3 and R5 would cause the TX to not work on both, but I wouldn't think so. From the other differences (motors held in with two tabs instead of one), it sounds like a clone/knockoff S107 to me.
I have controlled my R5 S107 with the TX that came with the R3 and also the other way. To see if the low yaw rate was perhaps caused by the controller. It should work, just make sure you choose the right channel, as some S107s are locked on 1 channel only. A sticker with either "A" or "B" gives that away usually.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2011, 06:27 AM
perpetual noob
_pokey's Avatar
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
I have controlled my R5 S107 with the TX that came with the R3 and also the other way. To see if the low yaw rate was perhaps caused by the controller.
Was it?
_pokey is offline Find More Posts by _pokey
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 06:49 AM
Registered User
Isle Of Wight-UK
Joined Jan 2011
25 Posts
I have two S107's coming one due today and another on a slow boat from China!
I'd like another heli so I have been looking at the S032 and the two chinooks S026 and S022.
Can anyone who has these point me to which is best?
KevIW is offline Find More Posts by KevIW
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 06:54 AM
perpetual noob
_pokey's Avatar
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevIW View Post
I have two S107's coming one due today and another on a slow boat from China!
I'd like another heli so I have been looking at the S032 and the two chinooks S026 and S022.
Can anyone who has these point me to which is best?
You've bought two, and are looking for a third before you even get to fly the first one? I'd say you've caught what we all have. Good luck with it.
_pokey is offline Find More Posts by _pokey
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:03 AM
Registered User
Isle Of Wight-UK
Joined Jan 2011
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _pokey View Post
You've bought two, and are looking for a third before you even get to fly the first one? I'd say you've caught what we all have. Good luck with it.
I have flown a friends S107! But yes very addictive!
KevIW is offline Find More Posts by KevIW
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:24 AM
Registered User
11989 baumgartner rd st. charles michigan 48655 usa
Joined Jan 2011
5 Posts
just got confirmation from bob that my s107 has shipped out today so hopefuly i will recieve it in a week or two. i am getting tired of getting hallered at by my wife and daughter for flying their z005s the say i will break them like my last xing xang 4ch with sidepods. ps. stay away from that helli it is just junk, had controler problems that kept side pod motors on when not wanted made it realy hard to fly ended up cutting wires to pod motors and turned it into 3ch
capnkirk is offline Find More Posts by capnkirk
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 07:48 AM
Registered User
Australia
Joined Nov 2010
36 Posts
Would be good if syma made a 4ch version of this heli
scoutfrenzy is offline Find More Posts by scoutfrenzy
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 08:47 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
SoloProFan's Avatar
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,882 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _pokey View Post
Was it?
No, it's board related, the TX has no influence on this.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 10, 2011, 08:55 AM
Registered User
Houston, The Republic of Texas
Joined Oct 2010
106 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
They are for the two S107s I have ... which are both R5 boards. Not sure if the fact that you have a R3 and R5 would cause the TX to not work on both, but I wouldn't think so. From the other differences (motors held in with two tabs instead of one), it sounds like a clone/knockoff S107 to me.
I've got an R3 and R5 and use one controller. Have never put batteries in the second.
RedHorse1 is offline Find More Posts by RedHorse1
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:37 AM
perpetual noob
_pokey's Avatar
New Hampshire
Joined Dec 2010
415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
No, it's board related, the TX has no influence on this.
Was afraid of that

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHorse1 View Post
I've got an R3 and R5 and use one controller. Have never put batteries in the second.
That is good to hear. With any luck the same controller will also work on the S105 rebrand/clone/counterfeit that I just ordered.
_pokey is offline Find More Posts by _pokey
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:56 AM
Registered User
Joined Jan 2011
5 Posts
Anyone please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayelcey View Post
I know that this has been touched on at least once in this thread, but I didn't quite understand what CA is, which is what the solution was in the post I read. My set screws on the top rotor assembly are stripped out, so the shaft spins inside the assembly, causing the rotor to spin too slowly and making the S107 unable to lift off. Does anyone have a fix for this? It happened in the first day that I got the heli...I think when I had my wife fly it and she crashed and didn't let up on the throttle as the rotors were up against the couch and then the floor. Any useful solutions would be greatly appreciated.
Really, any ideas out there? I just got this heli yesterday, and it breaks my heart that I already can't fly it until this is fixed. ALL help will be appreciated!
Jayelcey is offline Find More Posts by Jayelcey
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:58 AM
Row 0, Seat A
G550Ted's Avatar
Savannah, GA
Joined Jan 2008
2,703 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayelcey View Post
Really, any ideas out there? I just got this heli yesterday, and it breaks my heart that I already can't fly it until this is fixed. ALL help will be appreciated!
CA is Cyanoacrylate - AKA "super glue". Good luck in your repair.

Ted
G550Ted is offline Find More Posts by G550Ted
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2011, 09:59 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
I never did try using half the flybar weight (two steel BB's?) in there, it may be a happy medium for some people.
The S107 gets a bit TOO dodgy with a severely lightened bar. For fun, try increasing the weight...
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Sale 3-channel Micro IR S107 Metal HoneyBee Helicopter No.ES0107 (with Gyro) mictopwin Aircraft - Electric - Batteries & Chargers (FS/W) 8 May 09, 2011 01:47 PM
Discussion V-max .vs. Falcon-X .vs. Syma 3 S107? 7immy Mini Helis 12 Apr 07, 2011 04:11 PM
Discussion Mosquito 3CH Radio Control Helicopter Version 2 by Syma Wayno-san Micro Ready-to-Fly 39 Dec 26, 2010 02:36 PM