HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 14, 2010, 07:20 AM
Nederland, Noord-Holland, Krommenie
Joined Nov 2010
421 Posts
@scotsoft Thank you Sir, for helping me rope in another new addict.

BTW I'm having a whale of a time with your CD-case heli-pad (repeated here for good measure).
Quagga is offline Find More Posts by Quagga
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 14, 2010, 08:09 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagga View Post

BTW I'm having a whale of a time with your CD-case heli-pad (repeated here for good measure).
Anytime I can help I am happy to do so

Great your having fun with something to aim for , did you see my elastic band mod for the skids?

I have finished my "Helipad of Death" so I will put up some pics later.
Basically it utilises an old tall candlestick holder with the helipad stuck on top .
You miss your landing on this one and your heli is down!
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Dec 14, 2010, 01:38 PM
Heli Mania
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
I know for a fact they have all received their S107,s, they are Rev 5's and are the genuine helicopter.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SYMA-S107-Meta...item1e5c7f86cc

They are $29 from here
His spec for the flight time (7 to 15 minutes) is a little optimistic I'd say.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Old Dec 14, 2010, 03:36 PM
Joined Dec 2010
6 Posts
Hey guys, just got my S107 in the mail and charged it up. But it won't fly. The blades won't even start to turn. All new batteries in the transmitter. The lights on the heli turn on and when I move the throttle nothing happens. Any advice?
Slick37c is offline Find More Posts by Slick37c
Old Dec 14, 2010, 03:41 PM
USA, WI, Fond du Lac
Joined Dec 2010
25 Posts
On the S107, after removing the top rotor, is the bottom rotor a press fit or how does it come off?I can't get mine to slide off.
BGRooster1 is offline Find More Posts by BGRooster1
Old Dec 14, 2010, 03:49 PM
Registered Abuser
Kelowna, BC Canada
Joined Nov 2010
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slick37c View Post
Hey guys, just got my S107 in the mail and charged it up. But it won't fly. The blades won't even start to turn. All new batteries in the transmitter. The lights on the heli turn on and when I move the throttle nothing happens. Any advice?
Sounds like the Transmitter is binding with the copter. Try this:

1. Turn heli on
2. Make sure throttle is at 0, and trim is centered, don't touch the right stick.
2. Turn Transmitter on
3. If the Tx doesn't bind right away (should take about 2 sec with no control input and sticks at 0) then try moving the throttle all the way up and back down to 0.

Then, report back and let us know if you get it going. There has been some reports of heli's being doa out of the box but they seem to be few compared to how many of these are being sold so I'm cautiously optimistic that yours should work just fine.
Chris.S. is offline Find More Posts by Chris.S.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 03:56 PM
Registered Abuser
Kelowna, BC Canada
Joined Nov 2010
270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGRooster1 View Post
On the S107, after removing the top rotor, is the bottom rotor a press fit or how does it come off?I can't get mine to slide off.
Are you trying to get the blades off or the shaft out? The blades should come off quite easily by undoing their screws but to get the shaft out I thin you have to disassemble it somewhat.

Killbucket has done a complete teardown in pictures, maybe you can find your answer in those:
http://www.killbucket.com/s107autopsycoptera.htm
Old Dec 14, 2010, 03:56 PM
Joined Dec 2010
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.S. View Post
Sounds like the Transmitter is binding with the copter. Try this:

1. Turn heli on
2. Make sure throttle is at 0, and trim is centered, don't touch the right stick.
2. Turn Transmitter on
3. If the Tx doesn't bind right away (should take about 2 sec with no control input and sticks at 0) then try moving the throttle all the way up and back down to 0.

Then, report back and let us know if you get it going. There has been some reports of heli's being doa out of the box but they seem to be few compared to how many of these are being sold so I'm cautiously optimistic that yours should work just fine.
Tried it word for word, and nothing. Does it have something to do with the band selector? On the transmitter it seems like it only has 2 positions yet it's labelled ABC. My switch stops between the AB and BC. Is that normal? I'm starting to think I got shipped a dud here.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 04:01 PM
Rookie Hopeful
Massillon, Ohio
Joined Sep 2007
116 Posts
Amazon sale

Amazon has a sale on the Syma S107 for $29.50 with free two-day shipping.
air4prs is offline Find More Posts by air4prs
Old Dec 14, 2010, 04:03 PM
Durham, UK
Joined Jul 2007
8 Posts
Many thanks for the great review/advice on the S107. I started with a PiccoZ, graduated to an E-Sky Honeybee which was a jump too far & it now requires some repairs (again)! I flew the S107 in a local shopping mall & with the gyroscope stabilisation it was so easy. My wife has bought me one for Christmas so I'm stocking up on batteries for the remote control!
Hueyguy is offline Find More Posts by Hueyguy
Old Dec 14, 2010, 04:05 PM
Registered Abuser
Kelowna, BC Canada
Joined Nov 2010
270 Posts
Quote:
Tried it word for word, and nothing. Does it have something to do with the band selector? On the transmitter it seems like it only has 2 positions yet it's labelled ABC. My switch stops between the AB and BC. Is that normal? I'm starting to think I got shipped a dud here.

Hmm, could be an issue with the band but AB & BC is normal, they label as though there is 3 but in fact there is only 2.

Have you tried changing the band on the Tx?

Where'd you buy from?
Old Dec 14, 2010, 04:08 PM
Durham, UK
Joined Jul 2007
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagga View Post

Thanks for the Helipad!!!
Hueyguy is offline Find More Posts by Hueyguy
Old Dec 14, 2010, 04:13 PM
Joined Dec 2010
6 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris.S. View Post
Hmm, could be an issue with the band but AB & BC is normal, they label as though there is 3 but in fact there is only 2.

Have you tried changing the band on the Tx?

Where'd you buy from?
Beginner here, sorry what's Tx? If transmitter then yes. Also I bought it from World Tech Toys through Amazon. Not a very bad history just takes long to deliver.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller...A3TF8DN8UY27R6
Last edited by Slick37c; Dec 14, 2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2010, 04:21 PM
Buffalos have wings
Vancouver Washington
Joined Nov 2007
2,053 Posts
Hey guys, I got my son's S107 today from Xheli....I had to make sure it worked right though.....So I broke it out of the box, charged up the battery and gave it a go.....Worked great, needed no trim, flies around very stable, not a speed demon though, which is great for him as he is new to R/C aircraft......The spring on the throttle seems a little tight, do you guys usually open up the Tx and loosen the tension a bit?......Sorry to hear you are having trouble with yours Slick, hope you get it sorted out.
Tatonka is offline Find More Posts by Tatonka
Old Dec 14, 2010, 04:29 PM
Registered Abuser
Kelowna, BC Canada
Joined Nov 2010
270 Posts
Quote:
Beginner here, sorry what's Tx? If transmitter then yes. Also I bought it from World Tech Toys through Amazon. Not a very bad history just takes long to deliver.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/seller...A3TF8DN8UY27R6
Yup you're right Tx=Transmitter & Rx=Receiver

That's very odd and I'm out of ideas. You may have just been shipped a dud. try taking the batts out of the Tx for a few minutes and see if maybe it resets itself and will then work.

If nothing else, at least you didn't order direct from China so a return/exchange won't be impossible...

Hope you can get this sorted out..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatonka View Post
Hey guys, I got my son's S107 today from Xheli....I had to make sure it worked right though.....So I broke it out of the box, charged up the battery and gave it a go.....Worked great, needed no trim, flies around very stable, not a speed demon though, which is great for him as he is new to R/C aircraft......The spring on the throttle seems a little tight, do you guys usually open up the Tx and loosen the tension a bit?......Sorry to hear you are having trouble with yours Slick, hope you get it sorted out.
I took the spring out of my throttle completely but I think for your little guy you've got the right idea, just take the spring out and stretch it some to make it a bit softer. Probably good to keep it sprung so when he crashes he can just let of the controls and not to have consciously make sure he kills the throttle.