Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Please tell me this is the one and that it's not a fake
http://cgi.ebay.com/GYRO-Syma-S107-3...cessories&hash

There are so many

Mike.
Yeah that the real deal, as with my yellow one it comes in a foam box.
Redfisher is offline Find More Posts by Redfisher
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 07, 2010, 06:17 AM
Nice day for RC'ing
Palmerston On. Canada
Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
Why would they go through the trouble of repackaging them? The original package isn't that big, and it holds the 'copter and remote snugly in the box.
They told me it was do to complaints of shipping damage with the stock box, They do say if you ask they will send it in the stock box.
Redfisher is offline Find More Posts by Redfisher
Old Dec 07, 2010, 06:53 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,686 Posts
@jtravel, I miss mine, when I got round to putting it back together after my water landing float experiments I realised the stock cell had reached the end of its life, killbuckets advice on LiPo care came to me a little late. I'll get a new one in the new year, my Red5 Dolphin HX2 is starting to get a little taty.

@redfisher, That's what I've been told too, of course if your buying more than one it makes shiping cheaper as you can safely get 3 sets in one of them foam boxes, it's alot smaller than 3 stock boxes wraped together. I was quoted $49.99 inc shiping for 2X S107 and 1X S105.
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Dec 07, 2010, 07:01 AM
Sydney
Joined Nov 2010
16 Posts
Beware cheap Syma S107

@jlcamp7 Thank you for info:First Syma S107 I bought was from Aussie site-had Ybioo on canopy not syma107-happened to be bloody marvelous for $40 delivered- so went on Ebay and to buy for friends-0.99c plus $16 postage-when things look that good they are not-bought two another coming from same seller:
both spin like crazy-one has a dud battery takes hour to charge on usb lasts 2 mins-the other has such a stiff fly-bar will not turn- my view there must be rejects that this guy has bought cheap-can not be bothered to send back-just going to give him a bad review-guess I have plenty of spares-oh yes one of the remote throttle is stuck in full mode-
Warning: if it is cheap walk-buy from a established company-got hold of Alibaba in China and for 100 Syma 107 they wanted $26au delivered-shows there is not much margin in them so if they are cheap,just beware:Guess got that off my chest-lol
Darthmonk is offline Find More Posts by Darthmonk
Old Dec 07, 2010, 07:49 AM
2011 - Year of the clones!!!
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Nov 2010
2,759 Posts
Darthmonk, which seller sold you the duds? Name & shame!
Frank_fjs is offline Find More Posts by Frank_fjs
Old Dec 07, 2010, 08:10 AM
Sydney
Joined Nov 2010
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_fjs View Post
Darthmonk, which seller sold you the duds? Name & shame!
I am still waiting for the third one-then I will shame him and post seller-not worried to send back as just costs to much-easier to buy a good one-any way got one working ok after fixing tba, just needs a new battery-the other will strip down and post what i find-could help others-Talk soon
Darthmonk is offline Find More Posts by Darthmonk
Old Dec 07, 2010, 10:11 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,629 Posts
Just received a gyro T100 from Amazon ($26.99, and qualifies for Prime free 2-day shipping).

Based on a 30 seconds test (it's getting a full charge now), it flies like a sweet S107. Stable, but fast and nimble. That is, like my red R3 (may it RIP), when it was new -- better than my blue R5, which has a bit of TBE.

The T100 appears to be a very close 107 clone. Same size, and virtually identical in almost all design aspects. I think that many, perhaps even most, parts would be interchangeable with the 107.
pugsam is offline Find More Posts by pugsam
Last edited by pugsam; Dec 07, 2010 at 10:20 AM.
Old Dec 07, 2010, 10:46 AM
Joined Dec 2010
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
I would remove the inner shaft and see if there was anything wrapped round it like fluff or hair. As for lubrication, I have read you should only use silicone spray but I am no expert in that department, so you might want to do a search here for lubrication and see what appears.
I completely disassembled the shaft and took off what gears I could but I didn't find anything obviously wrong. The best I can tell it seems like the gears are binding. When I spun them independently they felt fine, but all together they don't spin smoothly. Which makes no sense since they weren't touched from the time that they worked to the time they didn't. It's got me stumped.
nemebean is offline Find More Posts by nemebean
Old Dec 07, 2010, 10:55 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,707 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemebean View Post
I completely disassembled the shaft and took off what gears I could but I didn't find anything obviously wrong. The best I can tell it seems like the gears are binding. When I spun them independently they felt fine, but all together they don't spin smoothly. Which makes no sense since they weren't touched from the time that they worked to the time they didn't. It's got me stumped.
Did you do a search for any lubrication tips?

I can't think of anything else to try - sorry
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Dec 07, 2010, 11:06 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Is the shaft bent?

I can stop buying copters anytime...really!

Typical paint job weight gain (both have 180mAh packs).
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Dec 09, 2010 at 12:06 PM.
Old Dec 07, 2010, 11:45 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts

Not sure if I ever got around to posting these Red S107 shots...whatever, here they are (again).

Killbucket not only owns a sissy birdbath, he went shopping to get the thing.

The sky was slightly overcast, but you can still make out the metalflake in the body.

In the future, people will wish they built them like this.

WARNING: just don't use this object.

I just love the tail-feathers on these- much nicer than stamped (all-metal!) alum ones. Metal now looks austere.

Ever notice that the Helizone Firebirds don't have this scoop painted silver?

Brilliant pebbles...and I mean that in Chinese.

巧妙!!
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Old Dec 07, 2010, 12:39 PM
Joined Nov 2010
32 Posts
Just link to your site for the 800th time if you're not sure you've posted them... Since we are eating up bandwidth with pictures I'll join in on the festivities!

Calibrated my scale and it's spot on now. These are some of the numbers I got...

Stock S107R5

Stock S107R5 minus 0.8 gram fly bar weights

Canopy

Semi sanded canopy. Hoping for 2.2 when it's all done then an airbrushed paint job to keep the weight down. I'd like it to keep the heli functional.

WEEEEEEEEEEEE!

babydragonhands is offline Find More Posts by babydragonhands
Last edited by babydragonhands; Dec 07, 2010 at 12:56 PM. Reason: Sizes
Old Dec 07, 2010, 12:53 PM
Joined Nov 2010
158 Posts
My new xheli red S107 arrived yesterday. It flew fine for 2 or 3 minutes, then it didn't want to hold altitude and wanted to spin to the right. I recharged it and flew it again today and it would do the same from the start. I can't even trim it enough to the left to stop slowly spinning right. The lower blades spin CCW, so they would cause the heli to spin right. That makes me think that the top blades won't spin fast enough to counter the torque of the lower blades and supply sufficient lift. The top blades seem to spin without any more resistance than the lower blades, so I don't know what the problem might be. I did have a couple of minor crashes (much less severe than on my 3 week old yellow ones which have no problems), but I see no damage. Any suggestions.
TheOldFart is offline Find More Posts by TheOldFart
Old Dec 07, 2010, 01:16 PM
Joined Nov 2010
32 Posts
BTW

My stock S107R3 weighed 38.0 grams
My stock S107R5 weighed 38.7 grams
babydragonhands is offline Find More Posts by babydragonhands
Old Dec 07, 2010, 01:22 PM
Joined Nov 2010
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydragonhands View Post
BTW

My stock S107R3 weighed 38.0 grams
My stock S107R5 weighed 38.7 grams
I just weighed my 3 Rev 5 ones and they are 38.2g, 38.4g and 38.6g, so it is probably just production tolerance and not necessarily a difference between the Rev 3 and the Rev 5.
TheOldFart is offline Find More Posts by TheOldFart