Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 22, 2010, 07:11 PM
Walkera CB100 Owner
Pittsburgh, Pa
Joined Jan 2010
114 Posts
haha man... I can't stop flying mine. I wish the battery lasted longer. Do any of you know if there's a larger capacity battery I might be able to put in this. From the manual it says it has a 3.7v but doesn't say the mahs.

hope you guys are enjoying yours as much as I am. I've been getting an average of 7-9 mins flight time and around 25-35 mins charge time.
Ox1de is offline Find More Posts by Ox1de
Last edited by Ox1de; Jan 22, 2010 at 07:18 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:07 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,132 Posts
^^^^^

Glad you ended up getting it today. It really does fly very well. You can't beat it for the price.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Jan 23, 2010, 11:28 PM
Walkera CB100 Owner
Pittsburgh, Pa
Joined Jan 2010
114 Posts
me flying... Did a nice little tail tap at the bottom of the ping pong table at the end lol
Syma s107 Best 3 channel micro helicopter flight video (1 min 2 sec)
Last edited by Ox1de; Jan 24, 2010 at 02:48 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 08:25 AM
Joined Nov 2007
26 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox1de View Post
me flying... Did a nice little tail tap at the bottom of the ping pong table at the end lol
I loved your under-the-table flying too! And the landing was expertly executed.
ubercool is offline Find More Posts by ubercool
Old Jan 24, 2010, 10:58 AM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Hi
Very cool
Thanks for the video
Take care
Hank
shin is offline Find More Posts by shin
Old Jan 24, 2010, 03:21 PM
Walkera CB100 Owner
Pittsburgh, Pa
Joined Jan 2010
114 Posts
thanks for the comments guys that video was taken first shot probably my 5-6th actual flight with it. I plan to get a bigger battery and disconnect the leds and try that picoo rotor upgrade in the future. But I've definitely found a new hobby just hope my funds can keep up with it lol.

Plan to maybe get some other 3 channels that might be appealing or save up for a 4 channel outdoor or mini outdoor/indoor blade msr type heli.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 03:36 PM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
Quote:
thanks for the comments guys that video was taken first shot probably my 5-6th actual flight with it. I plan to get a bigger battery and disconnect the leds and try that picoo rotor upgrade in the future. But I've definitely found a new hobby just hope my funds can keep up with it lol.

Plan to maybe get some other 3 channels that might be appealing or save up for a 4 channel outdoor or mini outdoor/indoor blade msr type heli.
Hi
Welcome to the addiction
Be prepared to see them multiply like gremlins and water
Ive been flying helis for almost 4 years now, heres some of my hanger
http://www.rchangout.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1
Take care
Hank
shin is offline Find More Posts by shin
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:49 AM
Joined Aug 2006
787 Posts
Quote:

nice flying! my s107 is supposed to be delivered tonight!

I'd say save and get something bigger. these little helis can be fun, but if you want to learn to fly a real heli, then you'll need to take the plunge.
derelicte is offline Find More Posts by derelicte
Old Jan 26, 2010, 08:35 AM
Joined Aug 2006
787 Posts
wooohoo! I got my s107 last night!

it looks like a mini trex or something. the box was pretty beat up, but the heli was fine. I removed the throttle spring while I was waiting for it to charge for the first time.

it flies really well. the gyro does a really good job of stabilizing the bird. the first 2 flights last night lasted about 7 - 8 minutes, but the one flight this morning lasted less than 5. I hope that isn't a bad sign...

it is actually a little harder to accurately position helis like this because it can't move side to side. my lama is actually a little easier to fly and land with precision. it also appears to be tail heavy.

all in all it is a really fun, apparently well build little heli that is the perfect size for living room flying.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 02:29 PM
Joined Nov 2006
2 Posts
I've bought 3 of them, but cannot figure out how to change bands on them. My transmitters do not have a selector on them. Anyone else?
LazarusLong is offline Find More Posts by LazarusLong
Old Jan 27, 2010, 03:31 PM
Joined Aug 2006
787 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
I've bought 3 of them, but cannot figure out how to change bands on them. My transmitters do not have a selector on them. Anyone else?
there are probably resistor pads that control the channel. I opened up the tx, but I didn't recall seeing any switches.
Old Jan 27, 2010, 04:01 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,132 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
Not positive but try turning on the bird first and then turn on the transmitter. That might bind it. So turn on a heli and then a transmitter, then another heli, then another transmitter etc. Don't take my word on that. Just a guess.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Jan 27, 2010, 07:19 PM
Walkera CB100 Owner
Pittsburgh, Pa
Joined Jan 2010
114 Posts
So my income tax will be coming shortly and I should have a decent amount of money to spend a new 4 channel heli . I'm stuck though I don't know if it'd be better to get a full size trex 400 style heli and go all outdoor to really learn how to fly or start with a walkera 4-3b or blade msr type micro indoor / outdoor type. Any suggestions ?

btw there are some cool tricks you can do with the co-ax 3 channel if it's at full charge and you figure out to shift the weight then lay on the accel... I'll have to take a video of it sometime it almost makes it look like a 4 channel.
Old Feb 01, 2010, 09:47 AM
San Dimas, 40 km east of Los Angeles
Joined Sep 2002
1,332 Posts
I regretted buying only one at the AMA show for $25 at Nitro Planes booth.
People were buying them like hot cakes, 2 or 3 at a time.
I got the S-107. I think the S-105 is w/o stabilizer.
I have been charging it through the USB cable and when the charge is complete, the LED in the USB connector blinks. I have several 110V & 12V USB charger for my iPod.
ktoey is offline Find More Posts by ktoey
Old Feb 01, 2010, 11:42 AM
Los Angeles Intl, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
328 Posts
I wish I could find a 4ch Coaxial bird with 2.4Ghz of this quality. I have 2 S107s and an S105 (which is pretty lame compared to the 107).
mikester is offline Find More Posts by mikester