SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 02, 2010, 11:40 PM
Joined Sep 2010
173 Posts
I agree with TravisBean, the monotony of "I just ordered another one..." and "I just got my 7th one in the mail!" interlaced with posts of "my flights only last a minute" and "flight number 903!! WooHoo!" are as informative as they are enlightening.

I for one prefer a little spice in my threads. 200+ pages that, if you've read them all you can see that the whole thing repeats itself every 15 pages or so (in most cases, less than that).

How dare you lecture anyone on what they can or cannot post if it does not align with your certain tastes. Staying "on topic" is a mere courtesy, one that has been quite often ignored with much more distasteful topics than those posted recently.
salazam is offline Find More Posts by salazam
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 03, 2010, 01:51 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydragonhands View Post

So far my least favorite is the Firebird I received today. Not as good as it was hyped up to be.
At last, someone has the bls to say something against the firebird, this makes me feel much better since I cannot buy them here in the UK.

Well done babydragonhands
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Dec 03, 2010, 02:00 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,679 Posts
Can't someone tell the guys at Syma that they need to review their rev5 board, because it is slowly making the S107 loose ground to other 3 channels? If they want to keep making money, they'd better listen...
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2010, 02:28 AM
Joined Dec 2010
11 Posts
after overcooking the battery on my genuine s107 on the day of her maiden flight and subsequent overcharging, i am pleased to confirm that the s107 battery has made some form of recovery. .

i am being kinder to the lipo and currently taking flying time to 3min ( have achieved this by using a good 20-30 minute rest between flight > charging cycles & unplugging usb charger moment the red light comes on & limiting future flights to a max of 5mins)

new batteries are on order.

i have however noticed an issue with my s107

seems it rotates much faster turning left and slow turning right

anyone else come across this issue?
heliRC is offline Find More Posts by heliRC
Old Dec 03, 2010, 03:43 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by heliRC View Post

i have however noticed an issue with my s107

seems it rotates much faster turning left and slow turning right

anyone else come across this issue?
That is fairly normal with these I have found, it's not an issue just one of those things .

I find that my 3ch fly faster in a circle going one way than the other way but I can't remember which way is fastest

I have no doubt someone may tell you the technical reason for this
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Dec 03, 2010, 04:59 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
That is fairly normal with these I have found, it's not an issue just one of those things .

I find that my 3ch fly faster in a circle going one way than the other way but I can't remember which way is fastest

I have no doubt someone may tell you the technical reason for this
Might be that one motor is stronger than the other. Had the same with my Firespy, spins insanely fast left, and normally fast right. And after a good 50 flights or so, it won't turn right or hardly. So it might be a bad motor, or the other motor performs above average. On my rev3 107 I get slightly faster right turns, btw, but the difference is negligable. Didn't test it on my rev5, it moves so much slower, any difference would be impossible to notice...
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 03, 2010, 05:10 AM
Throttle-Hold Expert
Spokane
Joined Jan 2009
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Might be that one motor is stronger than the other. Had the same with my Firespy, spins insanely fast left, and normally fast right. And after a good 50 flights or so, it won't turn right or hardly. So it might be a bad motor, or the other motor performs above average. On my rev3 107 I get slightly faster right turns, btw, but the difference is negligable. Didn't test it on my rev5, it moves so much slower, any difference would be impossible to notice...
Right has to accerate the flybar as well.
sv1000s is offline Find More Posts by sv1000s
Old Dec 03, 2010, 05:19 AM
Hovering is a way of Life
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,509 Posts
Quote:
I just completed my 6th flight with my S107's and I love them more and more with each flight! So far my least favorite is the Firebird I received today. Not as good as it was hyped up to be.
I assume you received one of the newer production run Firebirds with the Rev 5 board just like the S107 and thats why your upset?
Things change, that is what also happend with the original S107
It likely just took longer for the helizone Firebird to sellout of the original production run. All good things come to a end.

A firebird with the Rev 5 would be the same as a s107 except different art work. It's not worth anymore than the S107 now. A few original production run firebirds may still be out there buts It's a crap shoot now if you will receive one when ordering online.
jtravel is offline Find More Posts by jtravel
Old Dec 03, 2010, 07:24 AM
Joined Nov 2010
32 Posts
I just wish someone else posted about it first. I wouldn't have bought it if I knew there was a chance it would come with a R5 board. I for $40 I could of bought two 6010's or another Syma.
babydragonhands is offline Find More Posts by babydragonhands
Old Dec 03, 2010, 08:00 AM
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,509 Posts
Quote:
I just wish someone else posted about it first. I wouldn't have bought it if I knew there was a chance it would come with a R5 board. I for $40 I could of bought two 6010's or another Syma.
You still have a equal to the S107 with different Art work so worst case you over spent on its value maybe $13 dollars.
You were the first in the community to have this happen and your post will help prevent others from going down the same path and being disapointed.
You took one for the Team here and we all thank-you.
Old Dec 03, 2010, 08:18 AM
Joined Aug 2010
322 Posts
And your FireBird is still flying, so that's something to be thankful for even if it isn't as fast as a Rev3. My Rev3 went crazy after 4 days of pretty heavy flying, about 18 total flights. That was a real bummer but it will be a good source of spare parts (if I ever manage to break anything on my other heli's).
soundguy63 is offline Find More Posts by soundguy63
Old Dec 03, 2010, 08:24 AM
Nederland, Noord-Holland, Krommenie
Joined Nov 2010
421 Posts
One for the team...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtravel View Post
You were the first in the community to have this happen and your post will help prevent others from going down the same path and being disapointed.
You took one for the Team here and we all thank-you.
Some people can learn from others' mistakes. The most of us have to be the "other" people.

I thought that Helizone asked for the obviously-superior rev3 boards by name. Turns out it was blind luck. Life is sometimes funny that way. I wonder how this will affect FireBird sales?
Quagga is offline Find More Posts by Quagga
Old Dec 03, 2010, 08:37 AM
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagga View Post
I thought that Helizone asked for the obviously-superior rev3 boards by name. Turns out it was blind luck. Life is sometimes funny that way. I wonder how this will affect FireBird sales?
I suspect the S107 & firebird all came out of the same Chinese manufacturing plant. They just had different names,color schemes and box art depending on what RC toy distributer ordered them.
The First production run Syma S107 had the Rev 3 board as did the helizone Firebird. Syma however priced the S107 much lower than North American company Helizone did so the S107 soldout fast and had to goto a second production run that came with the Rev 5 board.
First run Helizone Firebirds are just now reaching soldout status and second production run rev 5 firebirds are hitting the streets.

The only reason demand of the Firebird went up was because they had the original Rev 3 boards. Once word spreads that they have the same rev 5 as the lower priced S107 sales should slow to a crawl again unless they lower the price to match the S107
Old Dec 03, 2010, 08:47 AM
Joined Dec 2008
238 Posts
I have to agree with kmm77 in that those videos are very annoying in a thread having to do with a coaxial helicopter.

I know everyone has the option to skip the videos, but hey, some try to find information on their helicopters and got to go through a page and a half of music videos that have nothing to do with the cause. Very annoying.

I don't know how many times I have given up searching through a thread to find information due to clutter and off topic banter. I end up just making a new thread.
EricOnTheWeb is offline Find More Posts by EricOnTheWeb
Old Dec 03, 2010, 09:08 AM
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,509 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricOnTheWeb View Post
I have to agree with kmm77 in that those videos are very annoying in a thread having to do with a coaxial helicopter.
The Videos don't bother me because I just Skip them.
multiple Large Photos cause the page to load slowly and automatically scrolls the page when I'm trying to read,Thats what I consider annoying.
I like photos, just wish people would post small thumbnails that load quicker and we can click on if we want to see the full Photo.
Some of the same large photos are posted in several threads and once I have seen them I'm not interested in seeing it again.
Every has a Opinion and thats mine