HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:59 AM
Sissach
Joined Mar 2008
30 Posts
s107 does not charge

Hy all
What a sad day! My 107 does not charge anymore.
I always used the USB cable with my PC to charge but now the red LED does not go off when pluging in the heli.
I also tried to charge with the TX - but the LED stays green .

I have about 15 flights - no problems so far - great fun!
Anybody with the same problem or any kind of hint?

Thanks

Chris
gsundi is offline Find More Posts by gsundi
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:00 PM
Joined Sep 2010
173 Posts
is that a Mercedes clone? I don't get it...
salazam is offline Find More Posts by salazam
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:07 PM
BC, Canada
Joined Nov 2010
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lasancmt View Post
My S107 purchased in bejing developed a fault, where after charging it flies for a few seconds, but then slowly descends. All other functions work, but just doesn't seem to get the lift it used to get even when fully charged. Wondered if some screws need tightening or some controls adjusted. Pretty sure its not the battery.
Mine that I got off of ebay does the exact same, it will only fly for about 1 minutes before it cant lift anymore.
If I keep holding the throttle the blades will eventually stop not long after, clear sign the battery is pooched. I contacted the seller about this they agree its the battery, new battery on its way. The only other thing it could be is a short in the wiring. I noticed something really weird when i first charged it too, it only took 10 minutes to charge..and every time since. The same charger takes about 45 min to charge my firebird s107.
scarumanga is offline Find More Posts by scarumanga
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:14 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
She didn't like the prospect of insuring ME with the bigger motor, so it's a 320, had since new in '98. I've only just recently delved into my own repair work on it. Its name is Dieter, and it hates me.

From Wikipedia:"Two principles included in QA are: "Fit for purpose" - the product should be suitable for the intended purpose; and "Right first time" - mistakes should be eliminated."

What I meant was, there's just no argument for a merchant that leaves people hanging, or ends up with a bunch of similar complaints over time...surely, you're not blaming the people who bought flashlights for hoping they were "suitable for the purpose for which they are intended."?

I do not buy the argument that you sometimes should get the short-shrift when bargaining overseas, and consider the risk of that as part of the pricing structure, or that there should be any "bad deals", just so others will look better...

It's called being a victim.
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Nov 24, 2010 at 05:35 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:29 PM
Upstanding Member
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Sep 2003
1,973 Posts
ah, the taxi model

Buying an unbranded, unknown quality LED flashlight from HK is different than a SH or Syma branded heli (assuming you get the chopper pictured in the ad, which go_market has sent me 2 for 2, and haven't seen any complaints otherwise). You want a good flashlight, buy a Maglite or Photonlight.

Nobody said you must accept being short-shrifted when dealing with anyone. Sure there could be a higher chance when buying overseas, it's a simple matter of odds if the money saved per item is outweighed by the chance of getting screwed. For helis I'd happily take the chance with go_market again.
Kurt is online now Find More Posts by Kurt
Old Nov 21, 2010, 12:47 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
If I set up to sell "Genuine Made in Arizona" car amps to the Chinese, I can make pretty good money by not sending an item that I know is hot with them.

I cannot believe that 860+ customer complaints is considered good to anybody in any light, statistical or otherwise.

The Facts:

It been 34 days i paid this item and i didnt receive It
Nov-18-10 08:53 Feedback conversation
42 inch GYRO 8005 Metal 3.5-Channel RC Helicopter 42" (#310260852929) US $79.99

Never received my item or my money back. AVOID THIS SELLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nov-18-10 01:00 Feedback conversation
Digital LCD Multimeter Voltmeter Ammeter Ohmmeter OHM (#310262957984)

NEVER RECEIVED / SELLER WON'T RESPONSE / 4-WEEKS / NOW JUST CANCEL ORDER /UNFAIR

Nov-17-10 05:31 Feedback conversation
2x 14 LED Light Torch Flashlight Waterproof Fishing YB (#150339160086)

Have not received this product.
Nov-14-10 15:13 Feedback conversation
5 Watt LED Flashlight Torch Bike Bicycle + Rear Light R (#150508337759)

Stay away from this seller no ship and drags on with bs delays and no refund !!

Nov-11-10 20:23 Feedback conversation
5200mAh 22.2v 20C LiPo 6-Cell 22.2 RC Akku Battery WF (#150439934703)

Warning: I paid but have not sent
Nov-11-10 15:20 Feedback conversation
42 inch GYRO 8005 Metal 3.5-Channel RC Helicopter 42" (#170505020556

Still not arrived yet. Very disappointing.
Nov-07-10 09:06 Feedback conversation
5w LED CREE Flashlight Torch Bike Bicycle +Rear Light R (#150440339821)

I payd ion sep,and haven't receieved yet(nov)!NOT RECOMMENDED SELLER!!

Nov-05-10 04:18 Feedback conversation
30c 22.2v 2800mAh LiPo Li-Po 6-CELL RC 22.2 Battery MY (#170507051208)

never received my product
Nov-01-10 21:02 Feedback conversation
CREE Led 800 Lm Rechargeable Flashlight 18650 Torch SR5 (#150450114653)
___

It goes on, and you really white-washed your description...this is only the ENGLISH from the first half-page.

DISCLOSURE: Look up "killbuckets" on Ebay, see my own dirt.
Last edited by killbucket; Nov 24, 2010 at 05:36 AM. Reason: it's 12 yrs old, and still perfect. I hardly drive it!
Old Nov 21, 2010, 01:16 PM
Upstanding Member
Joined Sep 2003
1,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
___

It goes on, and you really white-washed your description...this is only the ENGLISH from the first half-page.
Shame on YOU, for not doing a bit more digging before effectively defending this seller.
You hitting the breakfast scotch extra hard this morning Killer?
Shame on YOU for accusing me of not doing research before putting my name (it may not be as badass as Killbucket but it is my real name) behind a recommendation.

Here's go_market's last 200 feedbacks:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...rval=0&mPg=925

2 negatives in the last 200 isn't great I agree, but one of these is cryptic and who knows if these people even gave go_market a chance to make it right.

There was one negative from the 200 feedbacks before this: "[3 channel heli] battety (sic) failed after 3 days"
Yeah, this NEVER could happen with an xheli
In the 400 (maybe more, got bored) before those: no negatives

So that's 3 negatives (2 of them dodgy ones) in the last 800+ feedbacks.

If you don't understand basic statistics it'll be lost on you, but I'll go ahead and buy from a seller with 5 negative feedbacks in 100 transactions instead of a seller with 1 negative in 2 transactions.

cheers bud
Last edited by Kurt; Nov 21, 2010 at 01:23 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 01:30 PM
Upstanding Member
Joined Sep 2003
1,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HF Dave View Post
I have got two 6010 helis and some spare parts from [go_market] recently. As far as I can tell, their service was great. They sent helis matching requested colors and the package was delivered very quickly.

I was quite scared after reading several pages here but it seems I had chosen the right seller because I did not experience any problems with them. I am definitely going to buy again from them.
Dave - I sure hope you spent hours digging into go_market's 185,000 feedbacks before publicly stating that you'd buy from them again.... otherwise SHAME ON YOU!!!!!!

lighten up, Franc... I mean Killbucket
Old Nov 21, 2010, 01:31 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Nothing truly personal meant, and I prefer the Kentucky stuff.

I don't believe that the number of sales is real, for my own reasons, and thought it was relevant, that informed minds had speculated so.

Unlike most of you, Killbucket has hours to spend at this sort of stuff, and data sorting is a pleasure, not a chore.
My decisions in life have allowed me the luxury of being able to dig until boredom sets in if I wish.

Anybody seen Motorhomes4sal recently?

We never got to thank that Masked Man...
Me? I'm easy enough to learn about, Google will get you

my real face, even.
Last edited by killbucket; Nov 21, 2010 at 01:43 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 01:45 PM
Upstanding Member
Joined Sep 2003
1,973 Posts
Jim Beam for me please :cheers:

I've seen lots of Ebay feedback games, and I wouldn't bet my life that this seller has never partook, but they did right by me and looking over some of their vast amount of feedback and currenty items for sale I felt reasonably sure there hadn't recently so made the call.
Plus, I lived in Germany for 4 years and, god love them, Germans can be how you say, picky?
The one 'legit' neg fb in the last 800:
"Artikel war nicht neu! Verpackung des Artikels war geöffnet! Enttäuschend!"
Roughly: "The article was not new! The packing was opened! Disappointing!"
This was for a 13Euro, remote controlled HDMI switcher. Well damn them to hell. Did it work? Ja? Echt?!? Halten diene klappen, ok?

It's a freaking $15 HDMI switcher, shut your schnitzel hole.

I may need another Beam before I go googling your face
Last edited by Kurt; Nov 21, 2010 at 01:46 PM. Reason: edit: YAAAAAAA! you edited your post and added a pic. Zee goggles do notting!!!! ;)
Old Nov 21, 2010, 01:48 PM
Joined Nov 2010
158 Posts
I have 2 S107's. I fly them for 5 minutes and then charge. With one USB charger, the light comes back on after about 15 minutes. With the other, it takes about 30 to 40 minutes. I have swapped the helis and this follows the charger. Since 15 or so minutes doesn't sound like enough time to charge after a 5 minute flight, I assume that the charger that takes 30 minutes is the one that is showing charge correctly. What do you guys think? How long does it normally take before the light comes back on and is glowing as bright as when nothing is plugged in?
TheOldFart is offline Find More Posts by TheOldFart
Old Nov 21, 2010, 02:54 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsundi View Post
Hy all
What a sad day! My 107 does not charge anymore.
Chris
Who did you order your 107 from?
TravisBean is offline Find More Posts by TravisBean
Old Nov 21, 2010, 02:55 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Hearing more and more of this...I now look for a change in light, rather than on/off/smoldering...

I'd lean towards the slower charger of any sampling, I think.
Helicopter Gas Station Project.
Last edited by killbucket; Nov 24, 2010 at 05:38 AM.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 03:16 PM
Upstanding Member
Joined Sep 2003
1,973 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldFart View Post
How long does it normally take before the light comes back on and is glowing as bright as when nothing is plugged in?
I've also seen different times needed for different USBs and helis, but sorry haven't taken notes. I'm not running my helis as long as I did when I first got them - instead of waiting until it can't lift strongly now I shut down after 3-4 minutes, before I notice this. Takes between 20-30 minutes to get a solid light on the USB.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 03:33 PM
Sissach
Joined Mar 2008
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisBean View Post
Who did you order your 107 from?
A friend of mine was in shanghai. I told him to bring back a heli. He picked the 107G somewhere in a shop.
On the board I can read S107R5, on th cowling Yiboo. I have no box because It did not fit in the suitcase.
The connector of the cable is square.
I still could fly if I could bring some power into the battery
gsundi is offline Find More Posts by gsundi