HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 17, 2010, 05:37 PM
add lightness
Big time Minneapolis, Good Ol' St Paul
Joined Oct 2007
1,121 Posts
Anyone try these value hobby 1s 170mah 15c lipos? they are on sale right now too. http://www.valuehobby.com/products.php?category_id=38
PositivelyJoe is offline Find More Posts by PositivelyJoe
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 17, 2010, 05:38 PM
Joined May 2006
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck05 View Post
Wow.....

Sorry, NDP62, but a "round" chaging socket IS a Syma S107 clone and NOT a "real" S107 - sorry. What you have is likely an S270 (not a Syma) with an S107 canopy.

I have never heard (or seen) of having to run the TX throttle up and back before binding on any S107 or Firebird; that is not a requirement of a real S107. As for which to turn on first, the heli or the transmitter it really doesn't matter if you are only going to fly one bird and it doesn't matter which position the TX is set to (either A or B - there is no "C" despite the stencil on the switch).

For flying two birds with one TX I turn on heli "A" first, TX on A next, bind after green light on gyro goes steady, turn off TX, move switch to "B", turn on Heli "B", turn on TX, bind, and now I can alternately fly two Helis with the same TX.... which I often do.....
I'm a brand newbie, (just did my first flight 10 minutes ago, anxiously waiting for the red light to turn back on on my USB plug!), but I wanted to say that my S107, bought from x-heli through Amazon, with the rectangular plug, requires the TX turned on, throttle run up to max and back to min, then power on the heli...
shortyjacobs is offline Find More Posts by shortyjacobs
Old Nov 17, 2010, 05:40 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,709 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOldFart View Post
$3 is a waste of money??? Even if he gets another S107, he will still want a charger for both. I frequently charge both of mine at the same time, like right now.
I apologise, it was meant as a light hearted comment not to be taken seriously.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Nov 17, 2010, 05:44 PM
Joined Nov 2010
175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
I apologise, it was meant as a light hearted comment not to be taken seriously.
Oh, I agree with you that he should get a 2nd one. If he has no desire to charge both simultaneously then one charger is enough. It's just that at $3, why not get one. Now if it were $10, then I would agree with you completely. I didn't take your comment as an insult or anything like that, just that I disagreed if you were serious about not buying the charger.
TheOldFart is offline Find More Posts by TheOldFart
Old Nov 17, 2010, 05:58 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,377 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortyjacobs View Post
I'm a brand newbie, (just did my first flight 10 minutes ago, anxiously waiting for the red light to turn back on on my USB plug!), but I wanted to say that my S107, bought from x-heli through Amazon, with the rectangular plug, requires the TX turned on, throttle run up to max and back to min, then power on the heli....
Same here.
TravisBean is offline Find More Posts by TravisBean
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:32 PM
BC, Canada
Joined Nov 2010
41 Posts
Got my new s107g in the mail today. Unpacked it and charged it up and found that the tail rotor didn't work. I opened it up and found one of the wires not soldered to the pcb so i had to solder it on. Once I got all that sorted out I tried it out again, it didn't fly long, maybe 2-3 minutes max, I let it sit a bit and recharged it...same deal. Maybe came with a dud battery...my firebird s107 lasts over 5 minutes on its 150.
scarumanga is offline Find More Posts by scarumanga
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:38 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,377 Posts
Who did you order your S107 from ?
Old Nov 17, 2010, 07:59 PM
BC, Canada
Joined Nov 2010
41 Posts
eBay, $18. I have a couple 6020's i got off eBay as well from the same seller, they are fine. Contacting the seller about the battery, probably will get a free battery. The wire looks like it came loose during assembly as it was a ways away from the solder point stuck to the foam tape on the battery, was a pretty easy fix.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 08:31 PM
Have Guitar Will Travel
The Digital Domain
Joined Nov 2008
1,377 Posts
I asume that $18 didn't include shipping.
I got mine from Amazon. Sold by Xheli, and fullfilled by Amazon.
Perfect condition. Not even a nick on the box.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new
Old Nov 17, 2010, 09:59 PM
BC, Canada
Joined Nov 2010
41 Posts
$18 with shipping, $7 for the helicopter, $11 for shipping. Economy mail from hong kong. Pretty much all the 3CH copters go for $18-$22 after shipping on ebay, 6020, s107, etc.
Last edited by scarumanga; Nov 17, 2010 at 10:19 PM.
Old Nov 17, 2010, 11:50 PM
No. Calif Bay Area
Joined Aug 2010
91 Posts
Quote:
I'm a brand newbie, (just did my first flight 10 minutes ago, anxiously waiting for the red light to turn back on on my USB plug!), but I wanted to say that my S107, bought from x-heli through Amazon, with the rectangular plug, requires the TX turned on, throttle run up to max and back to min, then power on the heli...
The 3 S107s and the one FB I have all fly with the same TX and have never had to run the throttle "...to max and back to min,...". Nor do the 90+ we have bought for the office "addicts" require that process to get flying....
Duck05 is offline Find More Posts by Duck05
Old Nov 18, 2010, 12:14 AM
add lightness
Big time Minneapolis, Good Ol' St Paul
Joined Oct 2007
1,121 Posts
I got my Syma s107 from Amazon.com for $27.20 shipped. it is awesome! Works great! I have a square yellow USB cable. BUT, the red light on the USB plug is ALWAYS lit when plugged in to the USB port on my MacBookPro. no mater if the heli is plugged in or not, charged or discharged, the USB plug glows Red. but it does charge the heli. I just set the timer for 40 minutes and it is charged.

oh, and I first turn the heli switch to on, lights start to go, set it down, then turn the tx on and it's ready to go. barely touch the throttle and the heli is sitting on the "ground" idling slowly spinning the rotors. power up and she smoothly lifts off. I've gotten too brave and crashed it against the wall, behind TV, took it up to the ceiling and chopped the throttle and tried to "catch it" by nailing the throttle, and it hit hard. everytime it is fine, no damage yet. still flies awesome, looks awesome.

I also removed the two shell screws so I can check the battery and motor temps easier. the cover can just be fit on and it stays on great, even in a crash. motors and lipo never hot. barely a little warm at most. I love this thing, so precise, smooth and durable. hell of a deal for $27.20 shipped.
PositivelyJoe is offline Find More Posts by PositivelyJoe
Last edited by PositivelyJoe; Nov 18, 2010 at 12:22 AM.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 05:03 AM
Hovering is a way of Life
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,818 Posts
Quote:
I wanted to say that my S107, bought from x-heli through Amazon, with the rectangular plug, requires the TX turned on, throttle run up to max and back to min, then power on the heli...
I agree Thats what the Manual says but its not really needed on any of the S107's I purchaed thru Amazon/Xheli
I just turn on the TX and the S107 and set it infront of the TX.
The blinking green led on the S107 board goes solid and It's ready to fly.
It doesn't seem to matter if the TX or S017 gets turned on first. Never needed to touch or move the throttle at all.
The instructions that come with these cheap 3 channel toys are poorly written and almost always plain wrong.
jtravel is offline Find More Posts by jtravel
Old Nov 18, 2010, 05:24 AM
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisBean View Post
I asume that $18 didn't include shipping.
You can get S107's on ebay buy it now for $1.99 plus $17.98 shipping
from China.
For me the $7-$8 savings is not worth the added Risk of getting a knock-off,
long shipping times and possible problems with the item.
Others don't mind taking the risk to save a few dollars.
Old Nov 18, 2010, 05:27 AM
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarumanga View Post
The led on my yellow usb cable that came with my s107 stopped working, so i am unable to tell when its done charging. But i have a couple extra usb charging cables from 6020's black ones with led, is it ok to use one of these?
You can get a replacement from China for $1 with free shipping
http://cgi.ebay.com/SYMA-RC-Helicopt...item588b12ebee