HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 07, 2010, 11:12 AM
Central Florida, USA
Joined Sep 2010
1,862 Posts
Round Vs Square Plug

I think that newer round plug seems to make more sense to me. The first few times I plugged in my 107 for charging, it would give me the "jitters" to think what if those 2 thin pins were to get bent somehow.

One time I think that almost happened to me when I was unaware I had the charge plug in the wrong orientation (upside down). Thanks goodness I didn't try to force it in.

Happy flying,
Ed
edwong3 is offline Find More Posts by edwong3
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 07, 2010, 11:37 AM
Hovering is a way of Life
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
1,941 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPro View Post
Has it already been confirmed that helis with a round plug are genuine Syma? Both my rev 3 and rev 5 have a square plug.
I don't think they are Syma.
Just clones that Lack the Syma branding on the Box.
jtravel is offline Find More Posts by jtravel
Old Oct 07, 2010, 01:10 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,364 Posts
Frame 3147 confirms they are NOT Syma. They are HT, whoever that is.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Oct 07, 2010, 04:32 PM
Joined Sep 2010
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
Someone said 6020 was faster forward than 107. Is it, salazam?
It is if you give it enough room, it feels like the rear motor has to wind up to full power and once going it definitely is faster... however unless you live in a warehouse this is not very practical since you can't fly outside.

I think I'm going to do some weight modifications on this bird and see how it does. I'm also going to try a 210 (or 240 I forgot what I ordered) mAh battery in it.

I.R. to the IR, hasn't anyone ever pointed a remote control at a video camera? BTW why is that guy flying so serious? Am I the only one with a sh#!-eating grin on my face every time I fly? Seriously, why do you guys count your flights? That takes the fun out of it. Do you also count how many times you've gotten laid over the past year and how long each time lasted so you know if you have a good one? Sheesh...

BTW I seriously murdered one of my houseplants with my s107 during a crash... it was like a flying weed-eater attack!
salazam is offline Find More Posts by salazam
Old Oct 07, 2010, 04:34 PM
Joined Sep 2010
173 Posts
Oh is there anything as of yet that's smaller than the s107 but still gyro-stabilized?
Old Oct 07, 2010, 04:45 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,677 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by salazam View Post
Oh is there anything as of yet that's smaller than the s107 but still gyro-stabilized?
There certainly is a smaller heli salazam, have a look here -

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-GYRO-Metal...item5d2b7df356

I have a couple of these and they can be thrown round a room at a fair speed and because they are so small you have loads of airspace to do that in.
You should at least try one just for fun
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Oct 07, 2010, 05:32 PM
Nice day for RC'ing
Palmerston On. Canada
Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Seriously, why do you guys count your flights? That takes the fun out of it. Do you also count how many times you've gotten laid over the past year and how long each time lasted so you know if you have a good one? Sheesh...
Some of us like to see what we can get out of a $25 toy, If its not for you thats cool but don't belittle others for doing it.
Redfisher is offline Find More Posts by Redfisher
Old Oct 07, 2010, 09:22 PM
High Voltage
Motorcity
Joined Sep 2010
327 Posts
On the contrary, logging flight hours is standard aviation practice, granted I'm not sitting inside the s107 and flying it, but the flight logs make sense to me. I sure wanted to know how many hours and maintence logs were on the last bell 47 I flew
shock is offline Find More Posts by shock
Old Oct 07, 2010, 09:30 PM
Joined Oct 2010
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
Frame 3147 confirms they are NOT Syma. They are HT, whoever that is.
Thanks - looks like you are correct that these are clones. I have a Syma S010 and the remote control molding of my S107 is definitely not the same (although very similar!). I will double check with my seller.
robocat is offline Find More Posts by robocat
Old Oct 07, 2010, 10:07 PM
Joined Sep 2010
173 Posts
Who says I'm belittling? Just because I think something a lot of you do is stupid doesn't mean I think I'm better than anyone... I do stuff you guys would probably think is stupid too... to each his own. I just wanted to know why in case there were some reason to make it less stupid to me, but there apparently isn't.

It makes sense to log the hours in a real helicopter because extensive maintenance is needed on those machines in order to keep them in top shape and last as long as possible (at least in the army). If decent flight and maintenance logs aren't kept, mechanical malfunction could mean someone's life. Not so much in a Syma.

That being said, I am in no objection to anyone logging their S107 flights. It's fun I'm sure, to you. To me, I like aesthetically modding them or improving their flight performance. I even tried picking up lego men with a magnet tied to a string dangling from the heli... but they were too heavy to fly properly and the magnet kept getting caught to other stuff. (the lego men had paperclips taped to them, that's what made them magnetically attractive)
Old Oct 07, 2010, 10:09 PM
Joined Sep 2010
173 Posts
@scotsoft thanks for the link! That looks friggin awesome!!!! I'm literally going to buy one right now. (because my wife is out and I won't have to hide my s*@#-eating grin)
Old Oct 07, 2010, 10:27 PM
mSR noob, S107, SH6023/25
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Feb 2010
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcmanov View Post
Is it wrong for a 35-yr old man to like these so much?
Yes (errr checks driver's licence) ahhh, NO... Its a pity that as a kid I would have killed (well maybe just maimed or perhaps just whined "mom" a lot) to get a toy like this, and only now technology and my pay packet has reached a point where i can actually get one (many many ones) of these

Its defiantly a pity that its a crap-shoot trying to get a good s107 these days. I don't mind buying *known* clone stuff, but it appears you cant even tell what is genuine or not right now, from the same old sellers...
temporary1 is offline Find More Posts by temporary1
Old Oct 07, 2010, 10:27 PM
Joined Sep 2010
173 Posts
ooooh, the sexual reference comment. yeah I guess that could have come across as a bit brash. I'm just joking y'as. No offense intended.
Old Oct 07, 2010, 10:32 PM
Joined Sep 2010
173 Posts
OMG my 6020 toilet bowls now, after maybe like 5 crashes (plus somewhere along the line the canopy cracked right down the middle!)... add less durable than the s107 to the list of why the s107 is superior to the 6020-1
Old Oct 07, 2010, 10:35 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,364 Posts
6020's cousin, 6025 is smaller, zippier, and still gyro. They tend to have issues with flight time.

(Just between us, salaz, the $*@# method of masking vulgarites is still technically a violation here. You may however, spell out the word shirt, or use the icon. After all, 'shirt eating' is rather a novel image.)
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab