Old Oct 02, 2010, 08:15 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
13,598 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsam View Post
Anyone seen this behavior?

When throttle is initially applied, my S107 Rev3 turns the rotors but doesn't power-up enough to lift off. So I cut the throttle, and then reapply it -- and she takes off with full power just like she's brand new.

Everything else is good. Approximately 100 flights of 2-4 minutes.
Might be transmitter related.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 02, 2010, 09:01 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
It is. The IR sys is re-setting max throttle because the "binding" throttle throw was too short.
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Old Oct 02, 2010, 09:43 AM
LiPo-Sucker & Airframe EMT
Charlottesville, Virginia, USA
Joined Aug 2010
3,934 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
It is. The IR sys is re-setting max throttle because the "binding" throttle throw was too short.
"Your binding is too short..." That's what SHE said.
pugsam is online now Find More Posts by pugsam
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 02, 2010, 10:36 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
But she was impressed with my ability to twiddle the toggles, and gave me a second chance.

Running some M1919 airsoft bodies today in 6mm ABS plastic on the CNC.

I was thinking of using some leftover plastic to make a trick little workstation for the baby 3-channels. It would be a little tray with recesses for the copter's skids, and a small lock-down feature for them, so you could spin up on the benchtop. Another recess would have an embedded rare-earth magnet in the middle to hold screws. I'd add a place for a screwdriver, and maybe cord management for the USB charger lead.
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Old Oct 02, 2010, 10:47 AM
Nice day for RC'ing
Palmerston On. Canada
Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
Sounds like a handy little station to own.
Redfisher is offline Find More Posts by Redfisher
Old Oct 02, 2010, 11:11 AM
Hovering is a way of Life
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
I was thinking of using some leftover plastic to make a trick little workstation for the baby 3-channels. It would be a little tray with recesses for the copter's skids, and a small lock-down feature for them, so you could spin up on the benchtop. Another recess would have an embedded rare-earth magnet in the middle to hold screws. I'd add a place for a screwdriver, and maybe cord management for the USB charger lead.
Sounds like a great Idea. I know I sure could use that. I'm dropping and losing screws all the time. I have a tough enough time just seeing thoes tiny screws.
jtravel is online now Find More Posts by jtravel
Old Oct 02, 2010, 11:42 AM
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,803 Posts
Yellow S017

Put a couple flight on the yellow S107 I received yesterday.
This one has the slowest forward motion of Any I have flown so far.
It however has the best stable hover so far. If the throttle didn't have the spring still I could hover hands free on this one.
I only fly 4 Min's but with the recent posts claiming consistent 5 min and up flights with good power and no battery degradation i decided to go for 5 min. Didn't make it as after 4 min it started losing the ability to gain altitude quickly and then at 4 1/2 min its started losing altitude so I shut her down.
Quality seems to be all over the Map with SYMA and the S107 and so far I always seem to get the lemons
The Helizone Firebird has proven to be the best of my squardron for forward and turning speed. Battery power & life has also been the best so far.
Old Oct 02, 2010, 11:48 AM
Nice day for RC'ing
Palmerston On. Canada
Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
It has turned into a crap shoot...
Old Oct 02, 2010, 02:07 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,387 Posts
There's things going on in Xuangdong (?) we don't know. Who/what exactly is Syma? Just a marketer which contracts out design and manufacture? And switches contractors in the middle of a model cycle? Sure starts to look that way.

Why the devil rev something that works perfectly? Revving costs money, and the rev works spottily. None of this makes sense. Not in English anyway. But then I'm not a Xuangdongian.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Oct 02, 2010, 03:09 PM
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
Why the devil rev something that works perfectly? Revving costs money, and the rev works spottily. None of this makes sense. But then I'm not a Xuangdongian.
Designs often get revised so they can be produced at a lower cost. universally it's Profits that normally motivate factory owners and managers trying to keep the corporate power structure appeased.
Product quality often suffers in the persuit of quicker and increased profits.
Whatever the situation , The poo copter has played a important role in my coaxial Helicopter education.
Its back now to my recently repaired MCX2 that has not seen much flight time recently.
Old Oct 02, 2010, 03:14 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,387 Posts
It met priceline and worked properly the way it was. And again, revving is not free. It takes thousands to knock 2c off a product. You don't do it halfway through a product cycle, the time to payback isn't worth it, specially if it dooms the product's reputation.

But really, I just wanted to write the word 'Xuangdongian'.
Old Oct 02, 2010, 03:16 PM
Nice day for RC'ing
Palmerston On. Canada
Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
Well you did spell it right.
Old Oct 02, 2010, 03:41 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,387 Posts
Gawd help me, I can spell Chinese names I've only seen peripherally! Well that's Asperger's for ya.
Old Oct 02, 2010, 04:37 PM
Nice day for RC'ing
Palmerston On. Canada
Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
Everyone has a talent, So they say.
Old Oct 02, 2010, 04:43 PM
Arizona
Joined Aug 2010
2,803 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
It met priceline and worked properly the way it was. And again, revving is not free. It takes thousands to knock 2c off a product. You don't do it halfway through a product cycle, the time to payback isn't worth it, specially if it dooms the product's reputation..
It's highly likely they are buying their parts from other vendors.
Syma may have originaly only contracted for a specific quanity and didn't anticipate the high demand for the s107. sucess also meant The clones would show up and increase the demand for these type of parts.
getting a new contract for more parts from the vendor may have been impossible or to expensive at that point in time.
sometimes a vendor has a issue where they can't meet the delivery quota and the manufacture may have been forced to goto another vendor for a drop in part replacement that lacked the same quality of the original vendor.
Its hard to say and all we can do is guess at the different possibilities of why.
Last edited by jtravel; Oct 02, 2010 at 04:48 PM.