HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2010, 08:05 PM
Walkera CB100 Owner
Pittsburgh, Pa
Joined Jan 2010
114 Posts
thanks for the welcome.. this seems like a really nice forum.

They updated my UPS info today

scheduled delivery :01/22/2010 (Updated)
01/25/2010 (Original)

can't wait to fly it
Ox1de is offline Find More Posts by Ox1de
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2010, 08:53 PM
Los Angeles Intl, California, United States
Joined Oct 2004
287 Posts
I picked one up at the AMA show from the Nitro planes booth I believe. I actually got an S105 and an S107. The 107 is much more stable than the 105 but they both appear almost identical except for the body which is slightly different (not the chassis - the yellow body) and the S105 has 5 LEDs where as the 107 only has 1.

I'd like to pick up another 107 as my son's been flying the 105 and it just isn't as stable as the 107 (which I am selfishly keeping).
mikester is offline Find More Posts by mikester
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:14 PM
Walkera CB100 Owner
Pittsburgh, Pa
Joined Jan 2010
114 Posts
yea I almost did the same.. I was referred to buy from xheli from a friend and didn't really do any research and the 107 and 105 looked the same.. and cost almost the same but then I found out the 107 has a built in gyro that helps stabilize it I guess and the 105 doesn't.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 09:42 PM
Joined Oct 2004
287 Posts
So where should I get one? Which ebay seller?
Old Jan 20, 2010, 10:12 PM
Walkera CB100 Owner
Pittsburgh, Pa
Joined Jan 2010
114 Posts
I'd go with
http://cgi.ebay.com/BETTER-Version-3...item19b8ff6daf

Ebay ID: bigsaleonline

or

http://cgi.ebay.com/BETTER-Version-3CH-channel-RC-Mini-Helicopter-Syma-S107_W0QQitemZ250561141103QQcmdZViewItemQQptZRadio _Control_Vehicles?hash=item3a569b996f

Ebay ID: superdealever

Both seem to be the same person / company located in CA.

I ordered from superdealever I think.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 08:21 AM
Joined Aug 2006
783 Posts
I ordered mine form superdealever too. bigsaleonline seems to be the same seller.

mine should come monday.
derelicte is offline Find More Posts by derelicte
Old Jan 21, 2010, 08:44 AM
it was just a bumpy landing...
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
2,754 Posts
I also ordered from superdealever and mine is showing up as being delivered tomorrow. Took about a week and a half which isn't too bad, but it looks like it has taken even less time for some, which is much better than waiting for it to come from Hong Kong where it can take up to 30 days.
jlcamp7 is online now Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Jan 21, 2010, 02:46 PM
Joined Aug 2006
783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
...which is much better than waiting for it to come from Hong Kong where it can take up to 30 days.
that's why I specifically looked for a us seller.
derelicte is offline Find More Posts by derelicte
Old Jan 21, 2010, 04:25 PM
Joined Oct 2004
287 Posts
I've ordered two new ones - $33.99 including shipping. The seller is local to me ' bigsaleonline' or something.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 08:02 AM
Walkera CB100 Owner
Pittsburgh, Pa
Joined Jan 2010
114 Posts
Hey jlcamp, could you tell me if your tracking number matches up with this ?

1ZX906650346515989

Cause the package is still in OH and out for delivery in OH... So i'm wondering if you'll be getting 2 packages or they gave me the wrong tracking number. Let me know either way.

thanks.

EDIT : Just contacted UPS they said it's getting delivered to April M. in Parma, OH so I dunno what's going on with that... Hopefully they just gave me the wrong tracking #...
Last edited by Ox1de; Jan 22, 2010 at 08:37 AM.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 09:33 AM
Joined Jan 2010
2,754 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox1de View Post
Hey jlcamp, could you tell me if your tracking number matches up with this ?

1ZX906650346515989

Cause the package is still in OH and out for delivery in OH... So i'm wondering if you'll be getting 2 packages or they gave me the wrong tracking number. Let me know either way.

thanks.

EDIT : Just contacted UPS they said it's getting delivered to April M. in Parma, OH so I dunno what's going on with that... Hopefully they just gave me the wrong tracking #...
That's strange, I definitely hope that you just got the wrong tracking #. Mine is: 1zx906650313794730 and it's out for delivery from Sharonville, which is correct unless someone else ordered it locally. Please keep us updated.

edit: like 2 minutes after this post UPS just dropped it off here at my work. It seems like a really nice built helicopter for a toy.
Last edited by jlcamp7; Jan 22, 2010 at 09:38 AM.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 10:49 AM
Joined Jan 2010
2,754 Posts
So I just did a real quick 4 minute flight test in the office and wow this thing really flies well! It is extremely stable and pretty much flew perfect right out of the box. It has great control and doesn't spin any whatsoever. It has minimum drift (just as much as my MCX) and really fly's well. The only thing is I wish there was a little quicker forward flight, but I'm also used to a modded MCX, so that might have a little effect in my opinion. Overall though I'm extremely impressed with the little heli.
I know that the MCX came out long before these and I wouldn't ever want to sacrifice on battery, but I really do with the MCX was built more like these. It feels very indestructible (unlike the MCX) and has a really nice look to it. I prefer this look over the MCX. The MCX pretty much is indestructible, it just doesn't feel like it when you hold it, because everything is so flexible. I guess only time will tell on how well the s107 holds up.

As for forward speed there are quite a few things you can do. I heard adding the picco tail motor really helps move this thing along forward.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 12:38 PM
Master Chief
Joined Sep 2006
2,279 Posts
Hi
Just the picco tail rotor
You can try the motor but its basically the same
Take care
Hank
shin is offline Find More Posts by shin
Old Jan 22, 2010, 01:50 PM
Joined Jan 2010
2,754 Posts
whoops, my brain didn't work for a moment. Thanks Hank.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 03:07 PM
Walkera CB100 Owner
Pittsburgh, Pa
Joined Jan 2010
114 Posts
Even though I was given the wrong tracking number and the ebay guy never responded why, a surprise just showed up at my door a few minutes ago

I didn't think it was even shipped but man this thing flies very nice... I really can't believe it. I've flown my relatives 2 channel air hogz one and those are really just a joke compared to this. The s107 looks like it has a lot of detail put into it and you can really tell Syma has some good quality control. This thing hovers and flies completely straight out of the box I didn't have to do any adjustments at all. I did crash a couple times just cause I'm completely new at flying and it's very durable I was scared the first time something broke but nope.. completely fine.

The controller feels very nice in your hands and responds really well with the heli.

Overall I really can't believe the quality of this for $33 shipped, I really couldn't ask for more. If this thing flies so nice I can't even imagine how stable a nice 4channel must be.

I'll post a video review after I practice a bit so I don't embarrass myself lol