SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 22, 2010, 08:25 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,378 Posts
Didn't even try seating the lower rotor? So be it, Jedi.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2010, 06:05 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,705 Posts
Hi Duck05, I have ended up buying three, one to fit and two spare
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Aug 23, 2010, 09:51 AM
Cape Town, South Africa
Joined Aug 2010
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianEno View Post
Any advice would be greatly appreciated. It's making for a lousy birthday for my son.
Hi. I had 2 copters that did this. with help from this forum I realised that the front gearwheel (the one on the front motor) was slipping on the shaft, not delivering enough power to the lower blades. The other gears were all a bit low, so I pushed their shafts upward, and c-glued the front cog in place and now it's fine.
hope that helps.
pmassie is offline Find More Posts by pmassie
Old Aug 23, 2010, 09:52 AM
Cape Town, South Africa
Joined Aug 2010
10 Posts
I was wondering if anyone could point me to somewhere that has spares for my s107. The reason i ask is that i seem to have wierd/new/old version of the heli. I've attached a photo that shows some of the differences, namely: differnet flybar weight assembly, different connectors for rotors to shaft and upturned winglets on the blades.
any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

thanks!
pmassie is offline Find More Posts by pmassie
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:41 AM
Nice day for RC'ing
Palmerston On. Canada
Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
That is different, Never seen that before.
Redfisher is offline Find More Posts by Redfisher
Old Aug 23, 2010, 02:50 PM
Joined Aug 2010
3 Posts
We bought a s107 from a mall-store yesterday. The demo unit the guy was using was superb with accurate and sharp turns and height control.

We bought one and set it up last night. All rotors work and the unit takes off, but it initially spun out of control. I adjusted the trim on the controller. There are 2 trims and their action seems to be random. I can't make out what one does over the other, but occasionally I can get the unit to stop spinning in flight.

The controller seems to accurately turn on or off the tail rotor, but the sharp and accurate turns just don't happen. It's like the demo unit was a different helicopter although they look the same.

Well eventually the unit spun out of control and hit a wall. Linkages and the tail rotor broke.

I'm new to this, but not incompetant (I raced RC electric cars for years). What is the action of the 2 trims (one opposed to the other) and why did we not see the sharpness of the direction changes?

I ordered some spare parts on ebay today (or at least I will when the auction completes tomorrow).

Do you think that the unit is defective? We can *just* get it to stop spinning by playing with trim occasionally, but other directional control is hap-hazard and prone to sending the unit out of control.
nickhull is offline Find More Posts by nickhull
Old Aug 23, 2010, 03:02 PM
Nice day for RC'ing
Palmerston On. Canada
Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
The s107 should only have one trim, Do you have a pick of the controller?
Old Aug 23, 2010, 03:45 PM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,657 Posts
The "buttons" on the top are not used, it's a standard tx moulding that is used on about 4 different syma heli.
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Aug 23, 2010, 03:53 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,378 Posts
Sorry Nick, I think you got ahold of a counterfeit. The one he demonstrated was a Syma 107. The one he sold you wasn't. This routinely happens with popular products.

Syma 107 has one trim knob labeled 'L-R' below the switch and they don't have an issue with spinning.

This was a kiosk rather than a storefront, wasn't it? Seems I've heard this story before. Might keep what's left of it for parts and order a real one from hobby estore.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Aug 23, 2010, 06:46 PM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
..I'd inform the Consumer/Trading Standards people too about the mall guy not selling products as advertised, we need these bandits driven out of business.

Stick with it, Nick - as Arbilab says, get yourself a genuine S107 from a reputable store. They're fantastic. I have 4 and have never even needed to touch the single trim control - many others report the same too. These things fly straight from the box.
Redbaron25 is offline Find More Posts by Redbaron25
Old Aug 23, 2010, 07:01 PM
Nice day for RC'ing
Palmerston On. Canada
Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
The only time I have to adjust the trim knob is when my daughter has been playing with the tX.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:06 PM
No. Calif Bay Area
Joined Aug 2010
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotsoft View Post
Hi Duck05, I have ended up buying three, one to fit and two spare
I have three S107s now with 2 that fly and one that is awaiting a replacement battery (if that is the issue). Have a handful of spare parts (rotors, tail rotors, balance bar) and the one might turn into a spares donor.

Also have one very-difficult-to-fly "Golden Alpha" which I bought because it was different looking from the other models out there. Challenging but not anywhere near as fun to fly as the S107s....
Duck05 is offline Find More Posts by Duck05
Old Aug 24, 2010, 07:53 AM
Joined Aug 2010
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
Sorry Nick, I think you got ahold of a counterfeit. The one he demonstrated was a Syma 107. The one he sold you wasn't. This routinely happens with popular products.

Syma 107 has one trim knob labeled 'L-R' below the switch and they don't have an issue with spinning.

This was a kiosk rather than a storefront, wasn't it? Seems I've heard this story before. Might keep what's left of it for parts and order a real one from hobby estore.
I'm an idiot! We were definitely demonstrated a S107 (hence I found this forum!) because I saw it on the front canopy... and guess what... when I looked last night I saw that mine did not have that on it! $37 down the drain I guess!

Yes it was a kiosk! I thought it was strange that the price wasn't a typical 'kiosk' price.

Ok, time to re-boot. Does anyone have a recommendation for where to get a real S107 - best price with shipping, online?
nickhull is offline Find More Posts by nickhull
Last edited by nickhull; Aug 24, 2010 at 08:00 AM.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 08:22 AM
No. Calif Bay Area
Joined Aug 2010
91 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhull View Post
I'm an idiot! We were definitely demonstrated a S107 (hence I found this forum!) because I saw it on the front canopy... and guess what... when I looked last night I saw that mine did not have that on it! $37 down the drain I guess!

Yes it was a kiosk! I thought it was strange that the price wasn't a typical 'kiosk' price.

Ok, time to re-boot. Does anyone have a recommendation for where to get a real S107 - best price with shipping, online?
Try Amazon. Do not go directly to the provider like I did originally as their post sale customer service is poor. Expect to pay between 30-40.....
Duck05 is offline Find More Posts by Duck05
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:11 AM
Nice day for RC'ing
Palmerston On. Canada
Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickhull View Post

they are on Ebay for $25 shipped, If you dont mind waiting a couple weeks from china.