HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:18 PM
Joined Aug 2010
1 Posts
@ 107 screw sizes

I need to get the sizes of the 2 flathead screws that secure the main rotor to the upper shaft.Any help?
drody is offline Find More Posts by drody
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:05 PM
Joined Aug 2010
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfisher View Post
The tail rotor only moves when you go forward or backwards so thats ok.
take a look at the gears and hold them as you try and turn the top blades then the bottom to see if something has come apart.
Thanks.. I figured problem.. I was trying to take off from thick carpeting. Once I placed on tile it took off just fine. I was flying around and somehow crashed into kitchen sink which was full of water.. Ouch.. I pulled it out and water coming from everywhere.. I took canopy off and placed heli in front of a fan for a couple hours and just tested and everything still working! I was amazed.. This little heli can take a licking.....
Vegasdude is offline Find More Posts by Vegasdude
Old Aug 21, 2010, 12:14 AM
Australia
Joined Aug 2010
28 Posts
Cheers,
Apologies for missing the original poster about this.
I guess it looked fine to me, but with what you have said I checked ebay for this shaft luckily there's one with a decent photo, and sure enough the pins are broken, without anything to compare it looked fine...

Thanks to everyone that offered help, off to buy the top shaft!..

Quote:
Originally Posted by kross1 View Post
Your problem is obvious in the video- the top blade should NOT rock as it does, from end to end! It should only pivot on the length of the blade, not rock/tip from end to end.

In a previous post it was accurately identified, the 2 pins on the shaft which hold the top blade holder in place are broken.

All that is holding your top blade on is the 2 turnbuckles, and some friction or luck.

Look closely at the BOTTOM of the TOP blade, there are 2 sockets in the blade holder into which should sit two pins on the shaft. This will be broken......

Seen this about 3 times. You probably will need a new inner shaft, which includes the plastic part, about $2 at Xheli.com
striff is offline Find More Posts by striff
Old Aug 21, 2010, 07:08 AM
Nice day for RC'ing
Palmerston On. Canada
Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
Good work, Saved it from the bin.
Redfisher is offline Find More Posts by Redfisher
Old Aug 21, 2010, 09:00 AM
Joined Aug 2010
22 Posts
Couple of days into flying my S107. Pretty sloppy pilot skills, but I'm workin' on it!
At least, still not a crash. I'll get more daring with it as time goes on. Anyway, heres a little vid clip my wife took with my Droid.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6888631/S107.3gp

Here's the youtube link (not a good video quaility however) for those who can't see .3gp file.

S107.3gp (4 min 24 sec)
Desso is offline Find More Posts by Desso
Last edited by Desso; Aug 21, 2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 09:12 AM
Nice day for RC'ing
Palmerston On. Canada
Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
looks like a great room for flying, I see a young ladie almost lost her sleep wear picking up the cat...LOL
Old Aug 21, 2010, 09:18 AM
Joined Aug 2010
22 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfisher View Post
looks like a great room for flying, I see a young ladie almost lost her sleep wear picking up the cat...LOL

LOL! Yep she did. The cat was pretty freaked out about the heli and scratched her toe as he ran off. Pretty nasty scratch, too.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 09:27 AM
Nice day for RC'ing
Palmerston On. Canada
Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
Im charging mine up now for a flight, number 33 on mine.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 12:18 PM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
Great flight Desso, I really enjoyed watching your video and I tip my hat to the camerawoman, she is very good. I must try my droid for videoing my helis.
I've been flying my S107s for a few months (plus many other 3ch helis) and I'm still having loads of fun with them.
I find three are best - one flying, one cooling down and one charging. That way you can fly for ages which is a great way to waste time.
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Aug 21, 2010, 01:22 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,679 Posts
Nice vid, Desso. Spot landing can be difficult, even with these stable helis. Make sure you have as little forward speed as possible when close to the ground. Because the air from the rotor bounces back from the floor, and this bird is light, it will push the heli away if you make it tilt forward or backward. My best spot landings are usual just descending from about a meter or so and only releasing throttle, with minor forward backward corrections if I threaten to overshoot the landing zone. With some practice, you can set her down on anything big enough to fit the skids on, like landing on a mini DVD for instance.
SoloProFan is online now Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 21, 2010, 07:57 PM
Joined Aug 2010
22 Posts
Thanks for all the nice words and encouragement. My wife was really happy that her video skills got a compliment; she never feels like she takes good pictures or anything.

Just got done flying it around our bedroom. Pretty good size for a bedroom but much smaller than the living room and the ceiling is a lot lower.

Still no crashes, knock on wood!
Old Aug 21, 2010, 09:46 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Hey you: who were asking "is a 9808 comparable to an S107?"
The video (rather nice) says: "Fat chance."
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Old Aug 22, 2010, 06:36 AM
Master Of My Universe
Newcastle, UK
Joined Jul 2010
2,706 Posts
Sunday 22nd August, my first breakage on one of my S107's. I stupidly let the heli fly behid me, it lost the signal and crashed to the floor . Terrible vibration when I spun the rotors, so I put my specs on to have a better look and the flybar is smashed at one end . Time to hit eBay for a spare or two
scotsoft is offline Find More Posts by scotsoft
Old Aug 22, 2010, 07:06 AM
Nice day for RC'ing
Palmerston On. Canada
Joined Jul 2010
1,663 Posts
it's a sad day in s107 land....
Old Aug 22, 2010, 08:26 AM
Joined Aug 2010
241 Posts
How hard is it to replace the tail boom assembly? My grandson's tail rotor no longer works, assume tail motor is fried. Took it apart and it looks like u would need to desolder the old one and then solder the new one. These solder connections are incredibly small, any other way to replace that motor?
bostomper is offline Find More Posts by bostomper