Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 08, 2010, 04:29 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,375 Posts
OK James, the "whirr" kinda gives it away. These have a characteristic of the lower rotor coming unbonded from the shaft. You lose 1/3 of the lift and 1/3 control over yaw.

Support the upper gear from below and press the lower rotor back downward. Some glue it, but that may not be necessary and gluing is hard to undo if done wrong.
Quote:
My idea is a slightly bigger rotor.
Emphasis on the "slightly". As above, excess load on that motor will toast the motor and/or the electronics in fairly short order.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 08, 2010, 04:32 PM
Kaiserslautern, Germany
Joined Jun 2010
16 Posts
Return Update

Well, I got my replacement heli today and everything works great after 2 flights.

I know some folks felt Glorious Mall was shady, but the guy I dealt with in the States (Aaron in Detroit) was eager to help me. I had to pay shipping to return it, but he covered shipping it back and I got the yellow one as I requested.

Happy Flying!

Kevin
DesignoSLK is offline Find More Posts by DesignoSLK
Old Jul 08, 2010, 04:53 PM
S107 NUT
Canada
Joined Jun 2010
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesignoSLK View Post
Well, I got my replacement heli today and everything works great after 2 flights.

I know some folks felt Glorious Mall was shady, but the guy I dealt with in the States (Aaron in Detroit) was eager to help me. I had to pay shipping to return it, but he covered shipping it back and I got the yellow one as I requested.

Happy Flying!

Kevin
Glad to hear there are still some honest dealers around.
Grizzz is offline Find More Posts by Grizzz
Old Jul 08, 2010, 05:15 PM
Joined Jul 2010
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
Search this...tail motor burnout is a real risk if you go too far.
Hooray! I didn't replace the tail rotor, but I elongated the existing blades by 3/16" - 1/4" of scotch tape. Enough to get radically more speed (consistent speed). I'm calling this a "win"
sdurflinger is offline Find More Posts by sdurflinger
Old Jul 08, 2010, 05:17 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
RE: GloriousMall, specifically, shipment issues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
ga-snip---
If it takes 25 days to get to you, it's bad enough. "Free Shipping" can mean that you get it, when you get it. complain?
you get told this:

5/8/2010 08:44 PDT - Seller: We will wait for the item reaching your place. You choice the Free shipping. I have noticed you blowing you choicing, it need 15 to 25 business days. You still choice it. So, you need to wait. In addition, the RC-Helicopter only has one year repair.No return and refund.
-all they forgot was "F**k you, customer".
-snip2-
I'm not saying GloriousMall is Evil...Or that they are even a evil Ebay understudy...anymore...or until further notice...

But it DID take over twenty days for a S031 to get here with their 'free' shipping.

And somebody broke two sprinklers in my yard, the same week!
Blowing my choicing... Hm, too much windage ta get him from here. My airsofts just won't reach...
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Jul 08, 2010 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Personal Best:Rem 10/22, 715yards, 3-inch target, second shot. NRA Documented
Old Jul 08, 2010, 06:25 PM
Joined Feb 2009
19 Posts
Your thumb feel pain? Eraser Pencil Cap can help.
rcvrally is offline Find More Posts by rcvrally
Old Jul 08, 2010, 06:34 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Slick!
Old Jul 08, 2010, 07:23 PM
Chasing dreams not d competion
uk
Joined Feb 2009
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlhr2 View Post
So now I am intentionally allowing the battery to discharge.

My theory is either the gyro is pooched or the battery. Like I said this was practically brand new and I started experiencing problems.

~James

USB or transmitter charge?
Just to add comment to the loose bottom rotor post a lipo will not loose charge especially over night. The short charge times your getting is because your only topping up ( of course assuming your battery doesn't look like a balloon), this should always point to other issues.
A faulty gyro hasn't been reported so far and to be honest wouldn't cause the symptoms your having.

If the bottom rotor isn't loose don't keep trying to fly a broken heli, post back and we will help more otherwise a new heli that doesn't work can be taken back if it's not pulled apart and if that's an option it may be your best one.

I love the pencil eraser idea.
BrownOut is offline Find More Posts by BrownOut
Old Jul 08, 2010, 09:27 PM
Plattsburgh, New York, USA
Joined Jun 1999
8 Posts
Anybody ever try contacting helizone for any kind of support?, I contacted them over a week ago and havent heard nuttin. Not very impressive service.
MST3KPIMP is offline Find More Posts by MST3KPIMP
Old Jul 08, 2010, 09:34 PM
Montreal, Québec, Canada
Joined Apr 2010
1,471 Posts
You can contact hobby-estore as they are the same conpany. And Hobby-estore has a wonderful customer support.

Www.hobby-estore.com
Ceros007 is offline Find More Posts by Ceros007
Old Jul 09, 2010, 07:34 AM
3ne2dbone
Trinidad and Tobago
Joined Jul 2010
32 Posts
Damn, my friend reports that his tail rotor stopped working after about 5 flights. I told him to make sure it spins freely by hand and that nothing is impeding its rotation. He is yet to get back to me.

Any other suggestions? Throughout this thread I have only seen two people mention this issue. I also saw mention of the wires having a break, also a counter response that the wire is tough and this is unlikely. Is there any way around this other than changing the motor altogether?
CptAwesomeTT is offline Find More Posts by CptAwesomeTT
Old Jul 09, 2010, 07:43 AM
Trinidad and Tobago, Arima
Joined Jul 2010
18 Posts
Very dismayed right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptAwesomeTT View Post
Damn, my friend reports that his tail rotor stopped working after about 5 flights. I told him to make sure it spins freely by hand and that nothing is impeding its rotation. He is yet to get back to me.

Any other suggestions? Throughout this thread I have only seen two people mention this issue. I also saw mention of the wires having a break, also a counter response that the wire is tough and this is unlikely. Is there any way around this other than changing the motor altogether?
Unfortunately...I am that friend.

Thus far, I haven't had any major crashes, but this morning the tail motor has suddenly stopped working. I can flick the prop, and it spins freely, so it doesn't seem as if something is impeding the prop-shaft.

The two main rotors work fine though, so all I can do is hover, and pivot left/right, but i have no forward/backward flight.

Could it be that the motor has burned out after only 30 mins total flight time?
Arcmanov is online now Find More Posts by Arcmanov
Old Jul 09, 2010, 10:40 AM
RC Heli noob
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2010
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arcmanov View Post
Unfortunately...I am that friend.
Hey!

I'm sure CptAwesomeTT isn't that bad to have as a friend!

But seriously: Your tail rotor could definitely have been defective when you got it. This stuff does come from china, where they don't take quality control all that seriously in 'toys' like this.

I'd ask for a replacement at wherever you bought it.
Blooner is offline Find More Posts by Blooner
Old Jul 09, 2010, 11:04 AM
3ne2dbone
Trinidad and Tobago
Joined Jul 2010
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blooner View Post
Hey!

I'm sure CptAwesomeTT isn't that bad to have as a friend!

But seriously: Your tail rotor could definitely have been defective when you got it. This stuff does come from china, where they don't take quality control all that seriously in 'toys' like this.

I'd ask for a replacement at wherever you bought it.
lol.

Well thats the thing, it will be actually cheaper to buy a whole new one than send it back, such is the case where we live, sending it back and forth into our country is prohibitive for items as low cost as this.

It makes a lot more sense to fix them ourselves buy getting the needed replacement parts which is what we are doing.
CptAwesomeTT is offline Find More Posts by CptAwesomeTT
Old Jul 09, 2010, 11:19 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
If there is a wire break, it is likely at the board.