SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 03, 2010, 01:11 PM
S107 NUT
Canada
Joined Jun 2010
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptAwesomeTT View Post
Guys, what do you think about EnjoyHobbies.biz? I ordered some spare parts from them because no other site will take my country's cc. I hope I didnt make an 'out' there. I could have ordered from Ebay but decided to give them a try.
I have ordered spare S107 parts before and had super service from them. All is free shipping to Canada.

Today I had my first problem with one of my S107. Battery shows full charge but no power. I changed the battery with a spare one I had. Very easy to do. Heli flys like a charm now. I just ordered 5 spare S107 batteries from Enjoy Hobbies for my fleet. Just in case :-)
Grizzz is offline Find More Posts by Grizzz
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 03, 2010, 01:14 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
Sorry for the buttinsky, but yawl mentioned trains. Long time, galaxy far away, I had American Flyer. Never did get the Lionel 3-rail thing, looked like a bloody subway. Did AF have a gauge designation, and is it still supported?
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Jul 03, 2010, 01:30 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
I wished, but Santa never brought me HO's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HO_scale

snicker.
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Old Jul 03, 2010, 01:34 PM
3ne2dbone
Trinidad and Tobago
Joined Jul 2010
32 Posts
Yea ive had some bad experiences with some sellers on ebay, with particular things. I bought some parts to repair my n82 phone last year, it was a nightmare. Some of the items never came. Part of the reason I thought i'd give an online store a try.

This may sound like a stupid question, please dont flame me for it, but if an item is delivered to you that cannot fit in your mailbox, what do the post people do? I assume they take it back to the po.

No, i've never received an actual product via postal service before, I always use a freight forwarder aka skybox to bring stuff to my country.
CptAwesomeTT is offline Find More Posts by CptAwesomeTT
Old Jul 03, 2010, 02:29 PM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post
Sorry for the buttinsky, but yawl mentioned trains. Long time, galaxy far away, I had American Flyer. Never did get the Lionel 3-rail thing, looked like a bloody subway. Did AF have a gauge designation, and is it still supported?
Don't know about 3-rail, Arbi but have a look at the trains made by Atlas (N gauge) and Lifelike Proto series (HO). Run like Swiss watches, detail so superb you're afraid to pick them up, lights, full sound effects, digital (meaning you can control more than one on the SAME track).

A far cry from the old 'push it if it sticks' days

*Back on topic now*
Redbaron25 is offline Find More Posts by Redbaron25
Old Jul 03, 2010, 04:19 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Stuff like this makes a guy's day:

"killbucket, I owe you a word of thanks and a cussing along with some questions.

This weekend my 8 y/o nephew is staying with us. It was supposed to be a pool party/spend the weekend with Uncle Andrew kind of thing but with the iffy weather meant a trip to the Wally World toy dept in case the weather didn't hold. Hey, it's hard to be the crazy Uncle in a family full of them!

He picked out an AirHogs Havoc Heli. Since I'd read the first couple of pages I thought "OK, if anything needs adjusting I know where to start.". It torque steers like crazy and I can't trim it all out using the controller like the instructions say to do. Well, following the link you posted for the rc discussion board led me to a fix that cures most of it. Too bad I have to keep "testing and tweaking" it before The Boy gets to spend much time with it...

You've provided needed information AND the starting point for researching answers. Many thanks!

You've also piqued my interest in these things. Too bad I'm OCD when it comes to hobbies and I'd talked myself into just looking at them. After playing with that little AirHog, well, I just gotta have something of my own now! DAMN IT!

I see you've recommended the S107 or Firebird for a beginner. Are the Firebird upgrades worth the extra coin?

Are there any of these little birds that are suitable for outdoor flying? The Airhig says indoors only but it's hard to find an open room around here without a table, couches, pets, etc in it.

Your mods and upgrades show a level of patience, skill and talent (NONE of which I have ) that is simply amazing!"
source

Babycopters Forever.
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Old Jul 03, 2010, 04:20 PM
RC Heli noob
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2010
19 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CptAwesomeTT View Post
Yea ive had some bad experiences with some sellers on ebay, with particular things. I bought some parts to repair my n82 phone last year, it was a nightmare. Some of the items never came. Part of the reason I thought i'd give an online store a try.

This may sound like a stupid question, please dont flame me for it, but if an item is delivered to you that cannot fit in your mailbox, what do the post people do? I assume they take it back to the po.

No, i've never received an actual product via postal service before, I always use a freight forwarder aka skybox to bring stuff to my country.
Don't know how they do it in your country, but over here they ring the doorbell.

If you aren't home they try your neighbors. Then you get a note saying the package is at your neighbors house.

If they aren;t home either you get a note saying they'll be back tomorrow and a general time frame.

And if you/your neighbors arent home then, you have to pick it up at the nearest post office.

It's really handy.

I buy things off the internet constantly.

Hell, I bought something off the internet TODAY. (10m of coaxal antenna wire for my tv. The old one croaked and this only cost me 2,60)
Blooner is offline Find More Posts by Blooner
Old Jul 03, 2010, 04:52 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
Well what the flarg, the topic has wandered more widely than trains already. HO is like AF except smaller. Do they have 'action' cars like AF did? AF had dairy cars, log cars, cattle cars, just those I can remember. All did something, like RC load or unload. Cabooses were lighted. Engines had smokepuffing, standard. Switches and their controllers were scale-functional. The transformers were hulks, with V and A gauges.

Quickly scanning Wiki, and the period when I knew them, American Flyers were S gauge, while Lionels were O. Too much information. Gauge schmauge, railroads have TWO rails, not three.

Those elegant couplers! Just run them into each other and they latched, like real ones. Run them over a solenoid and they UNlatched. And the tender cars were REAL tenders. That's where the power pickup and reverse relay were. Now howzcome I can remember all that after 50 years, and I couldn't remember trigonometry for a week, long enough to pass a test on it?

Stumbling back on topic briefly,
Quote:
Are the Firebird upgrades worth the extra coin?
The aesthetics? Not to me. My vision is not good enough to tell much difference. But Firebird is more closely inspected than 107, and the second-run 107s have had some problems like misplaced battery. So yeah, Firebird is worth another $12* for troublefreeness.

* The 'good' price for 107 is $28 delivered anywhere. The retail for Firebird is $50 delivered in US, with better delivery, 3-5 business days. However, with the code 'firebird' in the coupon box, Firebird is $40 from helizonerc. For a difference of $12.
Last edited by arbilab; Jul 03, 2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old Jul 03, 2010, 10:47 PM
S107 NUT
Canada
Joined Jun 2010
20 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbilab View Post

* The 'good' price for 107 is $28 delivered anywhere. The retail for Firebird is $50 delivered in US, with better delivery, 3-5 business days. However, with the code 'firebird' in the coupon box, Firebird is $40 from helizonerc. For a difference of $12.
Thanks for the info. I just ordered one from Hobby-estore but the 'firebird' coupon is no longer valid. Still a good price with free shipping (to Canada also)
Grizzz is offline Find More Posts by Grizzz
Old Jul 03, 2010, 11:06 PM
Fly Runaway Fans
Joined Jan 2009
9,384 Posts
'Firebird' never worked with hobby estore, even though they're the same thing as helizonerc. My helizone purchase showed as hobby estore on my CC bill.
Old Jul 04, 2010, 03:06 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,685 Posts
There is a seller on eBay doing the S107 for 10.99 + 7 p&p (17.99)
I asked him for a price on a red and a yellow S107 and a blue S105 and it worked out at about 44!

Soo tempted.
djdavies83 is offline Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Jul 04, 2010, 05:06 AM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
That's a hell of a good price (assuming the guy is genuine, naturally). You could risk buying one heli off him and see how it goes.
Old Jul 04, 2010, 05:07 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Nov 2004
1,433 Posts
i bought this from the waddington airshow yesterday. it was supposed to be on sale at 25 and i was impressed with the gyro demo so i bought one - impulse buy. i could have bought this much cheaper online. oh well.
i'm just charging it now.
the quality is impressive tho! i think i will buy a case for this and take this with me everywhere!
muscleflex is offline Find More Posts by muscleflex
Last edited by muscleflex; Jul 04, 2010 at 06:12 AM. Reason: wrong spelling
Old Jul 04, 2010, 05:13 AM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
Still a bargain at 25 though, as they're such great flyers. I got my first one for that price but when the new stocks came in they were up to 30. Still well worth it though - all my friends thought I'd paid about 3 times that for it and were surprised it was so cheap.
Old Jul 04, 2010, 06:11 AM
Leeds, UK
Joined Nov 2004
1,433 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron25 View Post
Still a bargain at 25 though, as they're such great flyers. I got my first one for that price but when the new stocks came in they were up to 30. Still well worth it though - all my friends thought I'd paid about 3 times that for it and were surprised it was so cheap.
i told my girlfriend this normally costs 50 ;-P
i might get another one for my brother - less than 20 on ebay.
just recharging it now again. this flies really good!
muscleflex is offline Find More Posts by muscleflex