Old Jul 02, 2010, 07:37 AM
We can rebuild it!
United Kingdom, Wales, Swffryd
Joined Apr 2010
3,631 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownOut View Post
Are you a spammer or a troll?
Ok so I know about the type that live under bridges but, what is a troll in the forum world?
djdavies83 is online now Find More Posts by djdavies83
Old Jul 02, 2010, 07:41 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Somebody who tries to elicit responses in forums by being a jerk.
I can point to one if you wish....
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Old Jul 02, 2010, 11:33 AM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
*plays along*

Larymore, we will not punish you - providing that you immediately go out and buy at least 5 S107s...and a Mini Chinook...oh, and get a Dolphin too from Red5 while it's on special.

We'll need to see the receipts, naturally, as proof of your repentance.
Redbaron25 is offline Find More Posts by Redbaron25
Old Jul 02, 2010, 11:40 AM
Chasing dreams not d competion
uk
Joined Feb 2009
573 Posts
KB does the performance of painted blades differ much from standard ones?
Im thinking of wire wooling mine clean and then giving them a light spray of black on one side to make them look thinner.
BrownOut is offline Find More Posts by BrownOut
Old Jul 02, 2010, 01:10 PM
SF Bay Area
Joined Jun 2010
54 Posts
IR interference

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazexban View Post
As far as IR interference, that is a possiblity, I am flying it in a conference room at work and around the hallways, maybe there is some kind of IR related things going on in the office?
TVs with LED backlighting are a confirmed hazard for IR helis. I've also experienced similar symptoms at the office around the bright fluorescent lights. If I get too close, I lose all signal. At first I thought the office would be perfect to fly the little 107s. But all the various air currents generated by the A/C and the fluorescent light interference make my office quite an obstacle course.
bruchlandung is offline Find More Posts by bruchlandung
Old Jul 02, 2010, 01:44 PM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownOut View Post
KB does the performance of painted blades differ much from standard ones?
Im thinking of wire wooling mine clean and then giving them a light spray of black on one side to make them look thinner.
For what it's worth, my blue S107 (with Humbrol gloss-painted blades) behaves exactly like the stock model. Thin layer of paint won't make any difference at all...and I brushed mine on, so a sprayed coat would be even thinner.
Old Jul 02, 2010, 01:56 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blooner View Post
I asked yesterday morning about how to fix the TBE that I was seeing.

And killbucket gave this advice:

So I finally got around to testing this out (was skeptical at first, sorry killbucket).

But it worked like a charm! Where the S107 was flying great before, it is deadly accurate now!

So thanks killbucket!
That's what it's all about!
Old Jul 02, 2010, 04:56 PM
Jay
Plymouth.Devon.United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2010
2 Posts
Syam S107

Well What can I say??

I have just bought a syma s107 from my local hobby store here in the uk.For a small rc helicopter it's brilliant.It's very stable and agile for a small heli.

I've had some small heli's but this is the best so far.As for spares if you need them go on ebay and type in Syma s107 in the search bar and a list will come up with all sorts of spares.

If you are thinking of buying a s107 I would highly recommend it.I've had 10mins flying time from mine and it will charge in about 35 to 45 mins.Depends on how you charge it.It will be longer on the transmitter but quicker with the supplied charging lead which you plug into the usb on a pc.
trainmad is offline Find More Posts by trainmad
Old Jul 02, 2010, 05:17 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
I like the fact that they're a compact hobby to take along.

A DVD Player case makes a great addition-
I keep a pair ready to go evangelizing...I mean visiting.
Old Jul 02, 2010, 10:25 PM
Chasing dreams not d competion
uk
Joined Feb 2009
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redbaron25 View Post
For what it's worth, my blue S107 (with Humbrol gloss-painted blades) behaves exactly like the stock model. Thin layer of paint won't make any difference at all...and I brushed mine on, so a sprayed coat would be even thinner.
Cool, cheers for that.

Trainmad, make sure you are not flying it until it drops out the sky as you could be sucking too much out of the battery.

KB, i wish i did a box like that, i got a dremel type tool plastic case and cut the internal blow mouldings out then filled it with expanding foam then carved out the holes for the two i have except now ones in bits going to be a Kamov and wont fit so if i want to keep them together ill have to start again, i think ill start looking for a dvd case instead lol.
BrownOut is offline Find More Posts by BrownOut
Old Jul 03, 2010, 12:35 AM
North East England
Joined Feb 2004
3,181 Posts
Welcome to the world of micro helis, Trainmad (I'm also a train modeller too, mainly US stuff in N and HO gauge)

Glad you're enjoying your S107 - brilliant, aren't they? One bit of advice (which I myself only learned from Killbucket) is to only fly for a few minutes then recharge, rather than flying until the power dies. Kinder on the battery.

So...you've got one S107...when are you getting more then? Seems we all have a few of them
Old Jul 03, 2010, 12:13 PM
3ne2dbone
Trinidad and Tobago
Joined Jul 2010
32 Posts
Guys, what do you think about EnjoyHobbies.biz? I ordered some spare parts from them because no other site will take my country's cc. I hope I didnt make an 'out' there. I could have ordered from Ebay but decided to give them a try.
CptAwesomeTT is offline Find More Posts by CptAwesomeTT
Old Jul 03, 2010, 12:41 PM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
So MANY online shops!
Great times we're in here. I've been noticing a general downtrend in parts prices, and a little more drive to satisfy as a result.
ToptoyExpress got THREE S031 mainshafts to me from China, in four days flat.
total cost: $18 measly bucks. That included shipping, amazing.

Ebay sellers still practice the bravery of being out of range: flip to a new identity at will.

An online store has to exist over time to get traffic, and that kinda dictates a happy customer base, or you get a reputation not easily shed.

I doubt I could have gotten two mainshafts from Ebay in the same timeframe for the same money.
Last edited by killbucket; Jul 03, 2010 at 01:27 PM.