to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2010, 12:02 AM
mSR noob, S107, SH6023/25
Perth, Western Australia
Joined Feb 2010
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdavies83 View Post
I looks like I will have to make the next floats into more of a boat shape to help break contact with the water
Maybe something triangle shaped so the last point of contact is just a thin line. Perhaps a folded piece of plastic bottle like a canoe with a sharp bottom-keel line.
-although ive seen it done with foam on an mSR, much more spare power to take off though... The main comment was to punch the throttle up lest only one float break from the water and it tip over...
Suggestion... test in ~1/2 inch water. it'll float but wont sink (put a tooth pick across the tail motor so it cant dunk either)
temporary1 is offline Find More Posts by temporary1
Old Jun 30, 2010, 03:39 AM
Joined Aug 2007
1,051 Posts
http://www.esky-heli.com/usb-charger...g-p-10517.html

I was looking for an adapter to charge my syma using an ac outlet. this one uses the usb cable. very cool
Jetskeeter is offline Find More Posts by Jetskeeter
Old Jun 30, 2010, 04:33 AM
RC Heli noob
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2010
19 Posts
Hey, I got one of those lying around! Got it free with a MP3 player a while back!

Thanks for reminding me I got it! Totally didn't realize the potential of that untill now :P
Blooner is offline Find More Posts by Blooner
Old Jun 30, 2010, 04:54 AM
Joined Aug 2007
1,051 Posts
I was hoping I could find one that charges 2 or more at the same time but I don't believe there's one out there... YET
Old Jun 30, 2010, 05:02 AM
RC Heli noob
Joined Jun 2010
19 Posts
Perhaps when you plug in a USB HUB it will work?

In case you aren't familiar, a USB HUB makes 1 USB slot into many (usualy 4)

I would test it for you, but I don't have a hub... Or a second heli...
Last edited by Blooner; Jun 30, 2010 at 05:12 AM.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 05:15 AM
Joined Aug 2007
1,051 Posts
cool, I got a couple of those laying around plus I got like 4 usb ports on the front of my computer but I was looking for something that plugs into the 110 vac wall outlet. I should have saved my worn out mcx lipos cause I have a wall wart that charges 2 at a time. I could have cannaballized the connectors of 2 of them and jumpered them together to connect the S107 to the charger receptacle. I'll save any more mcx lipos that die just for that.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 05:19 AM
RC Heli noob
Joined Jun 2010
19 Posts
I wouldn't suggest plugging a USB hub into a computer and then charging four heli's though.

I don't think your computer's PSU (Power Supplu Unit) is gonna like it when you try to pull 4x the normal amount of power out of a single USB port.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 05:24 AM
Joined Aug 2007
1,051 Posts
I always worry plugging things like helis into my computer ports . that's why I'd like to have a wall charger for my symas.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 05:30 AM
Joined Aug 2007
1,051 Posts
man, I'll say one thing about the S107, it sure has an excellent gyro system. mine holds rock solid, actually better than my mcx.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 07:21 AM
Chasing dreams not d competion
uk
Joined Feb 2009
586 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by killbucket View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barak1001
-snip- I'm about as close as you can come to an "expert" on coaxials.
-snip-
From now on, please defer all technical questions directly to the Man.

Where was this quote from? ive searched the thread and cant find that user name.

With respect would you please stop posting crap then editing it out again, it makes the thread loose its fluidity and makes it harder reading for me when i come back 12 hours later.
Think before you post who is going to read it.
BrownOut is offline Find More Posts by BrownOut
Old Jun 30, 2010, 07:39 AM
RC Heli noob
Joined Jun 2010
19 Posts
I asked yesterday morning about how to fix the TBE that I was seeing.

And killbucket gave this advice:

Quote:
On the '107's, I've found that just taking off the flybar links, turning them over, and snapping them back on, got them smooth enough to work right.

Brand-new, those flybar balls/links are a bit notchy sometimes, and fiddling as described helps.
So I finally got around to testing this out (was skeptical at first, sorry killbucket).

But it worked like a charm! Where the S107 was flying great before, it is deadly accurate now!

So thanks killbucket!
Old Jun 30, 2010, 08:50 AM
I'm FAMOUS
Joined Mar 2010
5,108 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrownOut View Post
Where was this quote from? ive searched the thread and cant find that user name.

With respect would you please stop posting crap then editing it out again, it makes the thread loose its fluidity and makes it harder reading for me when i come back 12 hours later.
Think before you post who is going to read it.
Click the blue button next to the screen name in the quote, it will take you to the post.

But this is about copters, and I thought you all should know where to ask your questions, because he gets TICKED if I answer any.

It boils down to this: Some people are on here to make money. A NOOB with a broken cheapie is very likely (IMHO) to buy a raft of parts (or an expensive copter) from somebody like this, IF nobody helps the Newbie FIX the cheapie.

Nothing wrong with this.

I just don't like getting STALKED for trying to help.
killbucket is offline Find More Posts by killbucket
Last edited by killbucket; Jun 30, 2010 at 09:02 AM. Reason: Living in a small town with an average annual income of 26k must be hell.
Old Jun 30, 2010, 09:07 AM
Joined Jun 2010
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blooner View Post
I wouldn't suggest plugging a USB hub into a computer and then charging four heli's though.

I don't think your computer's PSU (Power Supplu Unit) is gonna like it when you try to pull 4x the normal amount of power out of a single USB port.
That's not a problem in the slightest. a modern computer bought within the past 4 years is going to have around a 400-500Watt PSU. Computers from a factory are usually supplied with a PSU that surpasses their power consumption needs by 200Watts or more. This leaves room for expansion. For example a SATA 7200RPM HDD uses about 20~30Watts. Most people that build their own computers or small companies that build custom computers usually supply PSU's that are well above what is "needed". For example I have a 1KW PSU.

On to the second point. A usb port is capped on what it can output (Voltage, Wattage, and Current Draw (amps)) by both a hardwired circuit breaker on the motherboard, and by the Operating system (both Mac OS, and Windows). Even though you can't see it, your computer is constantly monitoring power usage. Anything above the tolerance limit will cause the OS to temporarily stop supplying the port with power. This is unlikely to happen though since what you would be concerned with is current draw which you are not at risk of capping.

Lastly, a 4-port hub is typically powered by an external source to prevent such things. Granted, not all 4-port hubs are powered, you can find them without it, but the vast majority of hubs with more than 2 ports are, and if you plan on charging 4 helis at the same time with a hub, just get a powered one. This sort of thing is the reason they were invented. Even without the powered hub, you will not be drawing 4x the power from the port it is plugged in. My girlfriend in a photographer, as a result we have storage medium of various sorts all over, and it is not out of the norm for her to have 4 external HDDs plugged into the same hub, which have far more wattage and amperage consumption than 4 charging helis.
BKZer0 is offline Find More Posts by BKZer0
Old Jun 30, 2010, 09:30 AM
Chasing dreams not d competion
uk
Joined Feb 2009
586 Posts
Quote:
Click the blue button next to the screen name in the quote, it will take you to the post.
Ooohh, ahhhh, cool your educated me there, i like that feature but never knew of it, cheers.

You see i didnt know the member/user was a problem, a random quote off another thread didnt explain it to me.
If your having a go at the slime ive no problem whatsoever, i once reported mario for over 100 advertising posts as per the rules of the site but it was i who go a load of warnings for giving the mods some work to do, they dont like that. But thankfully that leech is banned, i mean his normal account is banned at least, im sure hes still a member however, i thought it was ivonnabob at first.

I like you KB your just a little crazy at times lol.
BrownOut is offline Find More Posts by BrownOut