Joined Jun 2003
435 Posts
PL8 Users Guide (Revision 4)

Hi ArnhemAnt:

Perhaps the PowerLab 8 Users Guide will help you out:

PL8 Users Guide

- Jim
JimHSoars is offline Find More Posts by JimHSoars
Last edited by JimHSoars; Jan 18, 2013 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Correct to PL8 Manual from PL6
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2013, 05:57 PM
Joined Mar 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimHSoars View Post
Hi ArnhemAnt:

Perhaps the PowerLab 8 Users Guide will help you out:

Attachment 5459267

- Jim
Thanks Jim.
I will have a read through this later today.
ArnhemAnt is offline Find More Posts by ArnhemAnt
Old Jan 27, 2013, 03:55 PM
build, fly, crash...repeat
United States, WA, Redmond
Joined Apr 2011
1,563 Posts
PowerVault vs. Power Station

Noticed the soon to be availble power supply (Power Station) and the case (PowerVault).

Any detailed info available for the vault? I.e., is it designed to operate in the case (provisions for ventilation, power cord, etc.)? Any thing else which helps to explain the $400 over premium over the power supply a la carte?

Thanks
marksp is offline Find More Posts by marksp
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:58 PM
Huntsville, AL
Joined Aug 2006
87 Posts
Just purchased a PL8 V2 and all I can say is WOW! I'm running it on two converted server power supplies at 24v, 57 amps. I've owned the Cellpro 4 and Multi 4 from Revoletrix but this one takes the cake!
bmitchell138 is offline Find More Posts by bmitchell138
Old Jan 29, 2013, 03:31 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Apr 2012
389 Posts
thanks mitchell and enjoy the experience................now for the LiPo's lol.
REVOJohn is offline Find More Posts by REVOJohn
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:35 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmitchell138 View Post
Just purchased a PL8 V2 and all I can say is WOW! I'm running it on two converted server power supplies at 24v, 57 amps. I've owned the Cellpro 4 and Multi 4 from Revoletrix but this one takes the cake!
Congrats. Ive had the opportunity to try several of the top dog chargers out there and none beat the Pl8. So ill say it is the nicest, baddest assed charger on the market right now. There are good chargers but this one is the cream od da crop
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:41 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
Congrats. Ive had the opportunity to try several of the top dog chargers out there and none beat the Pl8. So ill say it is the nicest, baddest assed charger on the market right now. There are good chargers but this one is the cream od da crop
Right now I own two pl 8 chargers, a thunder donkey 820 cd and an icharger 4010 duo. Hands down, the pl 8 is at the top for design quality, ease of use, seller support, and workmanship. Plus, there is a computer interface and rational documentation.
JohnathanSwift is offline Find More Posts by JohnathanSwift
Old Jan 31, 2013, 07:56 PM
Joined Apr 2008
5 Posts
Bought the PL8 last week and finally had a chance to try it out on an old 5+ year old LIPO that I never maintained it looks like it’s dead (IR was around 30) and a new brand new LIPO (setting up a fuel table now). I have no idea what I am doing but my god am I impressed! All the graphs and options are incredible! It’s actually fun to use. Looks like I need to buy a dedicated laptop for it since the laptop I am using now is the one I use solely for paying bills and doing taxes (clean and virus free).

Is the CCS software supported under windows 8 or should I shop for a windows 7 machine?
MaxdOut is offline Find More Posts by MaxdOut
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:54 PM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,214 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxdOut View Post
Is the CCS software supported under windows 8 or should I shop for a windows 7 machine?
I've been testing the CCS on Windows 8 since the developer preview last fall. Both 32-bit and 64-bit I currently have it running on a 64-bit W8 machine and it works great. Only issues to be aware of. The new Windows SmartScreen requires a few more confirmations during the installation. Also startup time is not quite as fast as it was on W7 using the same hardware. Not sure why, but it doesn't bother me.

I do like that I can save all of my presets and charge logs to Skydrive and access them from any other W8 device, or my phone.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
Old Feb 01, 2013, 03:19 AM
Joined Mar 2012
34 Posts
Fantastic Service

Wow. Just had to share this with you guys. After all the assistance I received through this thread, I placed an order for the PL8 and a heap of accessories through Solid Hobby. The gear arrived in the mail today. That is really fast as I have had mail posted within my own country that takes longer to reach me.

Can't wait to try this gear out.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:20 AM
uk
Joined Nov 2010
419 Posts
awesome dude, Buy a pack of deans protectors for the unused connectors. mine came as a packet of 4
traxx de maxx is offline Find More Posts by traxx de maxx
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:31 AM
Joined Mar 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by traxx de maxx View Post
awesome dude, Buy a pack of deans protectors for the unused connectors. mine came as a packet of 4
Good advice.
However $2.25 for a pack of 10 and then $15.00 shipping to Australia......??
Old Feb 01, 2013, 07:57 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnhemAnt View Post
Wow. Just had to share this with you guys. After all the assistance I received through this thread, I placed an order for the PL8 and a heap of accessories through Solid Hobby. The gear arrived in the mail today. That is really fast as I have had mail posted within my own country that takes longer to reach me.

Can't wait to try this gear out.
Dear ant,
You have a great charger from a great seller. Did you buy his power supply?
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:14 AM
Joined Mar 2012
34 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnathanSwift View Post
Dear ant,
You have a great charger from a great seller. Did you buy his power supply?
Yep sure did. That is on the way, along with a heap of adapters, etc.
I am currently using both ThunderPower and NanoTech LiPo's so I have ordered all the cables and adapters that I will need so that I can charge both batteries.

Like I said, the service is fantastic. In the time I have been in this hobby, there are very few websites that I think actually go out of their way to ensure their customers are actually looked after. From my experience, I would place Solid Hobby with the likes of RMRC and Getfpv.
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:18 AM
Stop scaring my donkey!
Greenland
Joined Mar 2012
8,524 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArnhemAnt View Post
Yep sure did. That is on the way, along with a heap of adapters, etc.
I am currently using both ThunderPower and NanoTech LiPo's so I have ordered all the cables and adapters that I will need so that I can charge both batteries.

Like I said, the service is fantastic. In the time I have been in this hobby, there are very few websites that I think actually go out of their way to ensure their customers are actually looked after. From my experience, I would place Solid Hobby with the likes of RMRC and Getfpv.
We in the u.s. seem very fortunate in this regard-epbuddy, progressive, etc. enjoy.