HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 24, 2012, 07:56 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,839 Posts
Also listed in the User's Guide both on-line and in the installed CCS software and if one owns a PL charger it is listed right on the charger itself.

Why it is so difficult to read the is one of life's real mysteries.

FMA even goes the extra mile and pays a professionl tech writer so thier manual are easier to understand.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:08 AM
Collierville, TN
Joined Aug 2003
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
Also listed in the User's Guide both on-line and in the installed CCS software and if one owns a PL charger it is listed right on the charger itself.

Why it is so difficult to read the is one of life's real mysteries.

FMA even goes the extra mile and pays a professionl tech writer so thier manual are easier to understand.

Charles
Who knows, it could have changed?
klhoard is offline Find More Posts by klhoard
Old Dec 24, 2012, 09:33 AM
United States, IN, Fort Wayne
Joined Jul 2012
39 Posts
New generation not into details.
sportpak is offline Find More Posts by sportpak
Old Dec 24, 2012, 02:12 PM
The earth sucks! Thankfully.
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2003
448 Posts
Re: PL8 Maximum Input Voltage

To all of you who are so impatient with me for asking about the PL 8's maximum input voltage:

I scoured my copy of the PL8 manual including searching on 'power source', 'input voltage', 'input power' and a 2 or 3 more. I did not find hide nor hair of the information. I just checked and found I have the 10-1-2010 version of the manual (for version 2 firmware and software) on my hard drive. Look, it's not there!

I just looked at the current version, 8-22-11, of the PL8 manual and found the information on page 80, the specifications page. There is no specification list at all in the older version of the manual.

- Jim
JimHSoars is offline Find More Posts by JimHSoars
Old Dec 24, 2012, 03:01 PM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
So,would 28 volts input be ok for this charger?
Bunch of meanies.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Dec 25, 2012, 12:55 AM
Collierville, TN
Joined Aug 2003
391 Posts
Its also printed right next to where the input wires enter the box . . .
Old Dec 25, 2012, 10:16 AM
OOPS
USA, GA, Cochran
Joined Jun 2008
20,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth View Post
From first post of this thread:

"Input voltage: 10-32VDC, reverse polarity protected"
really,this is all the fellow was askin for. minus all the slammin. Maybe he missed the first post. theres only like over 5000 posts in the thread. lol.
Manta1 is offline Find More Posts by Manta1
Old Dec 26, 2012, 12:14 AM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manta1 View Post
really,this is all the fellow was askin for. minus all the slammin. Maybe he missed the first post. theres only like over 5000 posts in the thread. lol.
Exactly, that will deter people from asking questions, we were all noobs once.
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old Dec 26, 2012, 08:52 PM
Australia, SA, Renmark West
Joined Sep 2011
399 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimHSoars View Post
To all of you who are so impatient with me for asking about the PL 8's maximum input voltage:

I scoured my copy of the PL8 manual including searching on 'power source', 'input voltage', 'input power' and a 2 or 3 more. I did not find hide nor hair of the information. I just checked and found I have the 10-1-2010 version of the manual (for version 2 firmware and software) on my hard drive. Look, it's not there!

I just looked at the current version, 8-22-11, of the PL8 manual and found the information on page 80, the specifications page. There is no specification list at all in the older version of the manual.

- Jim
Don't be mad Jim - Charles is correct that it's written on the charger and at least on my copy of the manual the info's near the top of page 80 - but I agree that he needs to lighten up a bit. A good NYE party should fix it.

As he says, it's a very good manual. Initially I found it a bit daunting but that's only because the PL8 is such a capable charger and there's a lot to write about.
RedSky is offline Find More Posts by RedSky
Old Dec 27, 2012, 01:18 PM
The earth sucks! Thankfully.
United States, OK, Tulsa
Joined Jun 2003
448 Posts
To those of you who continue to tell me I missed the PL8's maximum input voltage on page 80 of the maunal please see my post above, look at the older manual on Revolectric's download page. It's the "Cellpro PowerLab 8 "v2" Manual" above the "rev 3" link.

As for not seeing the obvious maximum input voltage right on the charger, I don't have one yet.

Stop telling everyone reading this thread I'm jerk for not reading the manual or seeing the obvious.

- JIm
JimHSoars is offline Find More Posts by JimHSoars
Old Dec 27, 2012, 02:44 PM
Collierville, TN
Joined Aug 2003
391 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimHSoars View Post
Stop telling everyone reading this thread I'm jerk for not reading the manual or seeing the obvious.

- JIm
Lighten up . . .
And don't call me Francis . . . .
Old Dec 27, 2012, 03:54 PM
United States, NJ, Clayton
Joined Aug 2010
1,580 Posts
Alright, to change the topic, when i charge single cell lipos, how come the pack voltage reads higher then the cell voltage? The charger seems to go by the voltage on the cells screen.
keithy4129 is offline Find More Posts by keithy4129
Old Dec 27, 2012, 04:04 PM
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,471 Posts
Voltage drop in the charge leads.

Better quality chargers will drive current in CC mode until cells are at termination voltage and then transition to CV mode. Cheaper chargers will transition to CV mode when main output is at termination voltage. This 'voltage drop compensation' feature in PowerLabs will result in shorter charge times than lesser chargers even when charging at the same current as they will stay in CC mode for a longer period of time.

I'm a big fan of solid engineering.

Mark
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:55 PM
Salt Lake City
Joined Apr 2005
226 Posts
Help!

I have the pl8 and a 28 amp charger. The pl8 has the EC3 plug and I have a EC3 16 gauge wire set with banana plugs from e-filter. Do I need heavier gauge wiring and banana plugs and if so where do I get them? Tim
tsecrist is offline Find More Posts by tsecrist
Old Dec 28, 2012, 02:56 PM
Salt Lake City
Joined Apr 2005
226 Posts
Help

That is eflite not efilter. Sorry. Tim
tsecrist is offline Find More Posts by tsecrist