HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2010, 01:10 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedVision View Post
Still can't upload error logs to FMA, I get timeout errors. Satellite Internet connection, but I can stream video's just fine, so the data to FMA can't be "that heavy"...
A file is a file is a file. Surely, this error file must be stored on your local machine and the transfer simply uploads the file automatically to FMA.

Perhaps FMA support will chime and let you know where you can find this file on your local hard disk and you email it to them rather than uploading it.

You may also want to try disabling any firewall program or viruscan programs before you try and upload. It's possible it's being blocked by your firewall on your local machine.
Ohmic is online now Find More Posts by Ohmic
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2010, 01:55 PM
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Feb 2008
1,976 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedVision View Post
First 90% of the charge went well until I got the dreaded "banana over amp" error message. Tried to finish the packs, still at 30 amp charge rate, and I got the error again
The fix for this issue is in beta testing, look for a public release within a week. Also in the next patch will be improved compatibility with IOTA power supplies which may help with your Mastech problem.
SteveM732 is offline Find More Posts by SteveM732
Old Sep 25, 2010, 05:33 PM
United States, VT, Alburgh
Joined Jan 2004
135 Posts
That is good news, thanks
4cyclic is offline Find More Posts by 4cyclic
Old Sep 26, 2010, 06:50 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,548 Posts
Quote:
Surely, this error file must be stored on your local machine and the transfer simply uploads the file automatically to FMA
Stored in the PL8 and that is how you can have an error with standalone PL8 and then later connect to the computer ,net /CCS and upload the error.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Sep 26, 2010, 07:23 AM
Delton,Mi
Joined Jun 2009
127 Posts
With his 27,628 post everydayflyer has now beat the Guinness World Record for the most posts in a Forum. WOW! It will take me a long to match that with only 33 post
Speeddaddy is offline Find More Posts by Speeddaddy
Old Sep 26, 2010, 08:02 AM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
Stored in the PL8 and that is how you can have an error with standalone PL8 and then later connect to the computer ,net /CCS and upload the error.

Charles
Which means it's passing through your PC as a byte stream. No, it's likely that that byte stream is stored on the local PC as a file before sending FMA.

A file is a file.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 08:06 AM
Manila, Philippines and Burlingame, CA
Joined Jul 2007
241 Posts
Ive tried to fill in the empty preset 24 and 25, and have not done it sucessfully. On the Multi4 it was a cinch. i dont get how to do it on the PL8. Help anyone.

- Ive tried linking to the library presets
- advanced functions
- even followed the help
Gopedasia is offline Find More Posts by Gopedasia
Old Sep 26, 2010, 10:35 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,548 Posts
If you us the CCS easy way is to copy an existing Preset.

Select(highlight ) a Preset ,click on Edit tab at top) select Copy ,next Select an empty Preset slot ,click on edit then paste preset ? to Preset ? You can then make the desired changes. You can also copy and past the Library Presets by same means.

Just in case you do not have the interface

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1439
Charles
Last edited by everydayflyer; Sep 26, 2010 at 10:52 AM.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 11:53 AM
Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
2,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteB View Post
Which means it's passing through your PC as a byte stream. No, it's likely that that byte stream is stored on the local PC as a file before sending FMA.
Maybe, maybe not. The data is being read by the CCS directly from the charger. At mininum its held in memory. Writing to a file is optional. Notice that the CCS has no method to view previously recorded errors? If there was a backing file to the data, you'd think that it would be trivial to include a menu option to add a link to the backed file. Perhaps FMA can add such a feature in future releases to accomidate the upload failures and well as give users a method to review the dump history.

This brings to a point about a error recording in the PL8. I experienced an unusual error and Tim mentioned that FMA had not recieved the dump for such an error. When I connected the PL8 to the CCS it did in fact find a number of errors. Mostly overvoltage errors from me forgetting to stop the charger before disconnecting the pack. But the error I was most interested in uploading was not one of the errors. I assume that this is a due a buffer limit on the PL8 where it can only hold a limited number of dumps. For those like myself trying to help FMA, it would be good to know the number of dumps that can be stored in the charger so we don't inadvertantly overwrite the dump of interest. It would also be good to not store dumps for known or common problems such as the overvoltage error when you disconnect a pack after the charge has completed. That would give more room for the "interesting" dumps.
Gregor99 is offline Find More Posts by Gregor99
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Dual Powerlab Case Project
Old Sep 26, 2010, 12:09 PM
USA
Joined Jan 2002
4,532 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregor99 View Post
Maybe, maybe not. The data is being read by the CCS directly from the charger. At mininum its held in memory. Writing to a file is optional. Notice that the CCS has no method to view previously recorded errors?
Like I said, it's likely, but not definite it's being written to a file.

However, A good design would include removing any errors from the PL8 whenever the CCS is attached to the PL8 and storing them locally. The PL8 does have a limited amount of memory so you'd want to save them every chance you get. Now, just because the CCS is attached to the PL8 it doesn't mean an Internet connection is available. Thus, you'd want to store them on the local file system and then send them to the server when an Internet connection is available.
Last edited by Ohmic; Sep 26, 2010 at 09:31 PM.
Old Sep 26, 2010, 01:39 PM
United States, OR, Beaverton
Joined Feb 2008
1,976 Posts
Quote:
For those like myself trying to help FMA, it would be good to know the number of dumps that can be stored in the charger so we don't inadvertantly overwrite the dump of interest.
Two.

Quote:
It would also be good to not store dumps for known or common problems such as the overvoltage error when you disconnect a pack after the charge has completed. That would give more room for the "interesting" dumps.
I believe they are working on just that.
SteveM732 is offline Find More Posts by SteveM732
Old Sep 27, 2010, 01:31 AM
Manila, Philippines and Burlingame, CA
Joined Jul 2007
241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by everydayflyer View Post
If you us the CCS easy way is to copy an existing Preset.

Select(highlight ) a Preset ,click on Edit tab at top) select Copy ,next Select an empty Preset slot ,click on edit then paste preset ? to Preset ? You can then make the desired changes. You can also copy and past the Library Presets by same means.

Just in case you do not have the interface

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1439
Charles
Thanks charles. Will try it out tonight.
Gopedasia is offline Find More Posts by Gopedasia
Old Sep 27, 2010, 02:34 AM
Joined May 2009
503 Posts
My PL8 hates me.

I'm feeling less lonely now after reading the posts, they ensure me that my PL8 is just a typical one not due to my bad luck and is likely to become USABLE when new firmware comes available, but not for now. Last weekend it just frustrated me in the field by keeping quiting charge and saying numerous error messeges: banana over current; pack removed(I swear I didn't); safty code this and that and many more...... It's shame for me being an electronic engineer but just cant get this SEPIC mode DC-DC inverter to work..... and I am very curious what it was doing during the first 40 seconds, current is 0, nothing but time passed by. Thank god the 40 second is passed and it looks like the current is ramping up but not over 20 seconds a ringing was heard and it quits again.....

I should fecilitate myself for I didn't sell my 0720 right after I got the PL8. I still have something to use which never let me down in the past year. It always reaches peak power (10+ Amps @6S) current in just 3 or 4 seconds. It seldom said anything wrong, but if it says, there IS something wrong and that's always my mistake......
Himalaya is offline Find More Posts by Himalaya
Old Sep 27, 2010, 07:14 AM
HobbyShopWorld.com
Florida
Joined Nov 2002
314 Posts
Any word on update?

looking forward to using PL8 on large packs...
joe_dejesus is offline Find More Posts by joe_dejesus
Old Sep 27, 2010, 10:29 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,548 Posts
Launch, CCS Ver.2.09 just posted.