SUPERBIKER
Belgium - Antwerpen -2070 zwijndrecht
Joined Mar 2005
103 Posts
Help!
Clearing ice data log using tx stick

Hello,

I have an CC Ice 100 on my Trex 600.
Controller set up: Governor mode and latest link update 3.241 and 3.21 controller firmware. (just updated, no flights yet, hopefull this week-end).

All seems OK, even data logging during bench testing en data clearing, all this by using laptop en usb stick.

........But, I tried to clear now my data log's using the procedure with the TX stick, as described with controller update version 3.0, but this doesn't work.

My endpoints are re calibrated, have no trothle curves because "governor" mode (3 straight lines 25/75/100).

I start up de heli with switch and mid stick. Switch (mix) ON, no start up. Switch OFF, heli starts up en goes to the set rpm governor mode.

Maybe it is only possible to clear data with TX stick in normal curves???

Hope you can make it clear for me........ .

Best regards,
superbiker is offline Find More Posts by superbiker
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2010, 05:56 PM
NJ
Joined Nov 2008
175 Posts
If the program needs to see a certain throttle output, then it will not work if you have a strait curve. If it needs to see mid stick...50% and your throttle value is strait at 25/75/100 then u will never get it to 50%. Im not exactly sure how this is done, do u do it before the ESC arms? You can't use throttle hold, or mixing becuase the throttle value never goes above 0.
JackDaWack is offline Find More Posts by JackDaWack
Old Jan 16, 2010, 06:56 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiker View Post
Hello,

I have an CC Ice 100 on my Trex 600.
Controller set up: Governor mode and latest link update 3.241 and 3.21 controller firmware. (just updated, no flights yet, hopefull this week-end).

All seems OK, even data logging during bench testing en data clearing, all this by using laptop en usb stick.

........But, I tried to clear now my data log's using the procedure with the TX stick, as described with controller update version 3.0, but this doesn't work.

My endpoints are re calibrated, have no trothle curves because "governor" mode (3 straight lines 25/75/100).

I start up de heli with switch and mid stick. Switch (mix) ON, no start up. Switch OFF, heli starts up en goes to the set rpm governor mode.

Maybe it is only possible to clear data with TX stick in normal curves???

Hope you can make it clear for me........ .

Best regards,
If you have 100 straight line in idle 2 then put the radio on idle2 and then plug in the battery to ESC....wait 6 seconds and you should get the hard tones which clear the data logger.
Clintstone is offline Find More Posts by Clintstone
Old Jan 17, 2010, 11:40 AM
SUPERBIKER
Belgium - Antwerpen -2070 zwijndrecht
Joined Mar 2005
103 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintstone View Post
If you have 100 straight line in idle 2 then put the radio on idle2 and then plug in the battery to ESC....wait 6 seconds and you should get the hard tones which clear the data logger.

Hello Clinstone,

Thanks for your help and reply, I will try it out.
Yes, I have in governor mode 3 flat lines as curves as in relation with the asked trothle inputs, below 50%, higher than 50% and 99%. So I have, 25 - 75 and 100% curve lines.
Yes, controllers (arms) start up with hold switch.
..Will certainly try out your way now to clear data log, I'm sure this will work now.

Others, I updated my cc ice 100with latest link update and 3.22 firmware for controller, one word, SUPERB, Did today many test flights witm my Rex600 and ZPower 30 engine on low timing and 8KHZ, superb smooth run and power.

Thanks to Castlle, this is working all fine now, Temperature of controller, motor, battery, Yes this a superb release update.

best regards,
superbiker is offline Find More Posts by superbiker
Old Jan 17, 2010, 12:55 PM
Castle Support
USA, GA, Statesboro
Joined Oct 2007
966 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiker View Post
Hello Clinstone,

Thanks for your help and reply, I will try it out.
Yes, I have in governor mode 3 flat lines as curves as in relation with the asked trothle inputs, below 50%, higher than 50% and 99%. So I have, 25 - 75 and 100% curve lines.
Yes, controllers (arms) start up with hold switch.
..Will certainly try out your way now to clear data log, I'm sure this will work now.

Others, I updated my cc ice 100with latest link update and 3.22 firmware for controller, one word, SUPERB, Did today many test flights witm my Rex600 and ZPower 30 engine on low timing and 8KHZ, superb smooth run and power.

Thanks to Castlle, this is working all fine now, Temperature of controller, motor, battery, Yes this a superb release update.

best regards,
Thanks for keeping us up to date.... Good Stuff!!!
Clintstone is offline Find More Posts by Clintstone