Old Jan 15, 2010, 03:16 PM
FLY BIG, CRASH BIG, repeat!!!!
Homeworth OH
Joined Sep 2006
147 Posts
Discussion
Micro 4-site Official thread!

Hello friends!

I bought it, flew it, and LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

I will post pics tonight and I look forward to seeing your pics , vids, and mods!

Happy flying!

PS call your LHS to see if yours is in.
crazy christian is offline Find More Posts by crazy christian
Last edited by crazy christian; Jan 15, 2010 at 05:17 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2010, 03:52 PM
lincolnton,nc
Joined Jan 2007
612 Posts
cool, does that make this the official thread? if not ,maybe it should be.
goodyearman is offline Find More Posts by goodyearman
Old Jan 15, 2010, 05:12 PM
Homeworth OH
Joined Sep 2006
147 Posts
If you want. I don't want to step on any toes. The plane is incredable and we were doing rolling circles with the first battery. It feels and flies very natural.
Old Jan 15, 2010, 05:25 PM
Homeworth OH
Joined Sep 2006
147 Posts
I looked and could not find an official thread. I edited the title of this one to be. I don't care about the "official" title, but it is nice to have everything contained in a common thread. I have flown 4 batteries through her and am more impressed every flight. Flight times are around 8-10 min and the airbreaks are fantastic! The only problem is that you get so confortable, you push the envelope and end up flying it into the ground.....HARD Then you descover how durable it is and fly some more . Be sure to hold the side fuse when removing the battery as my friend found out it will stress out the side fuse gusset if not. 60% low rate and 30 expo is great, but 80% DR is better for me. Perfect managable roll rate.

This thing is great!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 05:41 PM
It Flies
Torrance (LA), California/Gainesville, Florida
Joined Aug 2009
340 Posts
I didn't buy the 4-site, however I did buy the motor. I hear it is much longer than the Sukhoi and P-51 motors. I plan on installing it in my Sukhoi as soon as it arrives.
speedster239 is offline Find More Posts by speedster239
Old Jan 15, 2010, 05:46 PM
Chicago Northwest subs
Joined Jan 2007
2,240 Posts
more . Be sure to hold the side fuse when removing the battery as my friend found out it will stress out the side fuse gusset if not.
This thing is great![/QUOTE]

You can also use something flat like a credit card to help pry it loose from the hook and loop material. After putting some packs through it, the material loses holding power.
minirips2 is offline Find More Posts by minirips2
Old Jan 15, 2010, 06:09 PM
Make the best of all you have
Essen/Germany
Joined Dec 2006
569 Posts
What makes your thread official ?

Your title ?

To protect your fuselage when changing the battery :

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...27&postcount=3

Rolf
beetyii is offline Find More Posts by beetyii
Old Jan 15, 2010, 06:35 PM
Homeworth OH
Joined Sep 2006
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beetyii View Post
What makes your thread official ?

Your title ?

To protect your fuselage when changing the battery :

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...27&postcount=3

Rolf
No its the secret handshake.....lol I like your battery mod and assure you I just want a common location for such an awesome plane. No offense intended friend
Old Jan 15, 2010, 06:39 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy christian View Post
I looked and could not find an official thread. I edited the title of this one to be. I don't care about the "official" title, but it is nice to have everything contained in a common thread. I have flown 4 batteries through her and am more impressed every flight. Flight times are around 8-10 min and the airbreaks are fantastic! The only problem is that you get so confortable, you push the envelope and end up flying it into the ground.....HARD Then you descover how durable it is and fly some more . Be sure to hold the side fuse when removing the battery as my friend found out it will stress out the side fuse gusset if not. 60% low rate and 30 expo is great, but 80% DR is better for me. Perfect managable roll rate.

This thing is great!

8-10 minute flight times?? Is that on the stock pack?
bighead93 is online now Find More Posts by bighead93
Old Jan 15, 2010, 06:44 PM
Western New York
Joined Dec 2007
1,142 Posts
Since this is now the offical thread, I just got mine today and will be putting it up in our gym tomorrow. Do you think it would be a good idea to tape the leading wing edges for extra strenght?
eli5539 is online now Find More Posts by eli5539
Old Jan 15, 2010, 07:10 PM
Homeworth OH
Joined Sep 2006
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eli5539 View Post
Since this is now the offical thread, I just got mine today and will be putting it up in our gym tomorrow. Do you think it would be a good idea to tape the leading wing edges for extra strenght?
I dorked mine twice trying to see what it would do. The tape idea is great. I am going to hold off taping mine until i get a crease in the wing. that way I can reinforce it then and not go over old tape. I do tape the perineter on many of my foamys, but they don't weigh an once. Every gram counts and the little bird is accually very durable.

Good luck tomarro friend!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 07:11 PM
Homeworth OH
Joined Sep 2006
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighead93 View Post
8-10 minute flight times?? Is that on the stock pack?

Yes. I flew normal cercuit for ten on one and about eight on the other doing basic 3d. I hovered or high alphad about 25% of that time. It is a real floater!
Old Jan 15, 2010, 07:13 PM
Live to fly
Sacramento
Joined Apr 2005
5,569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy christian View Post
Yes. I flew normal cercuit for ten on one and about eight on the other doing basic 3d. I hovered or high alphad about 25% of that time. It is a real floater!
I thought I had read that flight time was limited to 4-5 minutes on the stock lipos.
bighead93 is online now Find More Posts by bighead93
Old Jan 15, 2010, 07:47 PM
Joined Aug 2008
567 Posts
When you you stop flying them? When the motor starts to pulse or when the motor turns off? I stop when the motor pulses, for me this is only 3 - 4 minutes of flight. I am not sure if I have over discharged the batteries or what but I am not getting 8 minutes of flying like everyone else. Also, do you let the motor cool in between flights or do you just fly non-stop?
helidude22 is offline Find More Posts by helidude22
Old Jan 15, 2010, 07:57 PM
Member 120mph Club
New Bern, North Carolina, United States
Joined Oct 2004
12,455 Posts
I got 4 flights in today on mine... love this baby. She doenst like 7mph winds but once the wind drops below 5mph she is great. Full review with picts and video:

http://www.horizonrcflyers.com/forum...=7716#post7716
ATIS is offline Find More Posts by ATIS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: maxford Nieuport 1/5th Scale