Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old Jan 15, 2010, 05:46 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,182 Posts
Poll
How has your MSR 5in1 held up

I closed the other threat and believe this poll would give clear results. I realized it would be better to start fresh because I could not fix other.
Hellysmack is online now Find More Posts by Hellysmack
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 15, 2010, 04:11 PM
2 Turbos...Nope 1 Big one
United States, PA, Lake Wynonah
Joined Aug 2004
1,801 Posts
voted and bumped
skeppley is offline Find More Posts by skeppley
Old Jan 15, 2010, 04:21 PM
Joined Dec 2009
13 Posts
Flown the hell out of it.. probably at the very least 100+ flights and no issues really. Replaced one servo collar that's it.
haproot is offline Find More Posts by haproot
Old Jan 15, 2010, 06:15 PM
United States, FL, Palmetto
Joined Sep 2009
197 Posts
Mine has even taken a trip into the kitchen sink! While my wife was doing dishes! pulled it out of the water, unplugged the battery and let it all dry out overnight. put battery back in and it has anouther 50 plus flights on it! I thought it was a gonner.
keocak is offline Find More Posts by keocak
Old Jan 15, 2010, 09:25 PM
Joined Jan 2010
23 Posts
I have no idea how many flights I've done on my MSR but heres how many parts I've simply worn out(not broken):
3x Flybars (ovaled out --now I just fill/drill them out with epoxy)
2x Blade Grips (Eventually horizontal slop develops between the spindle and grips)
1x Servo (motor simply spazzed)
The axle probably needs to be replaced some time soon as well.

No problems with the 5 in 1 whatsoever.
I'd guess that I'm around 175-200 flights.

Edit:
I averaged it out and I think I'm somewhere between 168-180 flights
Matt.R is offline Find More Posts by Matt.R
Last edited by Matt.R; Jan 15, 2010 at 09:57 PM.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 09:08 AM
Mason, Ohio
Joined Jul 2007
178 Posts
msr

Around 200 flights, have not broken anything. Flew it into the dogs water, came out dried it with my monokote heat gun (Carefully, Take the canopy off before you try this and hold the heat gun no closer that 2 feet from the board)
Smelling like a rose; no problems since.
rhuber40 is offline Find More Posts by rhuber40
Old Jan 17, 2010, 12:06 PM
Blade mSR freak
Irish Hills - SE Michigan
Joined Jan 2010
2,054 Posts
Mine died after one week of flying. First, the antenna wire fell off (why to they wrap it around a thin plastic part that can wiggle and vibrate??) An unlucky crash a few days later killed the 5-in-1, probably from part of the LHS r/c track striking a component on the board during an unlucky crash.

The stock canopy does not fit. It rubs up against the board, and provides minimal protection against common household objects jabbing under the edge of the canopy and damaging the fragile SMD components and/or the servo gears.

Here's my fix for the board fit problem: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=309
hydro_pyro is offline Find More Posts by hydro_pyro
Old Jan 17, 2010, 02:26 PM
Joined Jan 2010
23 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hydro_pyro View Post
Mine died after one week of flying. First, the antenna wire fell off (why to they wrap it around a thin plastic part that can wiggle and vibrate??) An unlucky crash a few days later killed the 5-in-1, probably from part of the LHS r/c track striking a component on the board during an unlucky crash.

The stock canopy does not fit. It rubs up against the board, and provides minimal protection against common household objects jabbing under the edge of the canopy and damaging the fragile SMD components and/or the servo gears.

Here's my fix for the board fit problem: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=309
I copied you as soon as I saw that post the other day. ;D

Thanks!
Matt.R is offline Find More Posts by Matt.R