www.flying-hobby.com
fung is offline Find More Posts by fung
Site Sponsor
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:26 PM
Redjestird Youser
Joined Jan 2009
3,867 Posts
Cool! Who's got a V1 and what is different?

I'm wondering...do the blades still angle out from the offset root hole after spooling up?
SidewaysLS4 is offline Find More Posts by SidewaysLS4
Old Jan 14, 2010, 10:42 PM
Joined Dec 2003
1,580 Posts
after i got i will post a new test and i know it more light and twins crank

fung
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 14, 2010, 11:35 PM
Singapore
Joined Jan 2004
1,830 Posts
The most important thing is...do this newer version has a build in speed up gearing in order to make the fenestron tail spin faster than usual x4.2?
Super_Hornet is offline Find More Posts by Super_Hornet
Old Jan 15, 2010, 12:11 AM
www.heliflying.com
HK
Joined Mar 2003
35 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Hornet View Post
The most important thing is...do this newer version has a build in speed up gearing in order to make the fenestron tail spin faster than usual x4.2?
Absolutely right!!!
msppc is offline Find More Posts by msppc
Old Jan 15, 2010, 06:00 AM
Redjestird Youser
Joined Jan 2009
3,867 Posts
Yeah, I'd like to see someone test this with the higher tail ratios that can be built into a T450.
SidewaysLS4 is offline Find More Posts by SidewaysLS4
Old Jan 15, 2010, 01:55 PM
Joined Mar 2007
112 Posts
Hi Mr fung

An idea if it will be avaible for trex 500...

Best regards
Gautier is offline Find More Posts by Gautier
Old Jan 15, 2010, 08:23 PM
2013 GRAND SPORT CORVETTE
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fung View Post
......I will get in few days

fung
www.flying-hobby.com
Fung - Are you going to send me a V2 replacement for the V1 that I bought for $129.00USD and does not work?

Regards - Boyd
Hoverup is offline Find More Posts by Hoverup
Old Jan 18, 2010, 04:14 AM
Joined Dec 2003
1,580 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverup View Post
Fung - Are you going to send me a V2 replacement for the V1 that I bought for $129.00USD and does not work?

Regards - Boyd
hi boyd

i will send u v2 too.

fung
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 18, 2010, 08:12 AM
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fung View Post
hi boyd

i will send u v2 too.

fung
Thanks Fung. Hope this works better.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 09:38 AM
3D and Scale RC Heli Pilot
Monroe, WA
Joined Jan 2007
834 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoverup View Post

Regards - Boyd
@ Boyd - Did the fan not work at all, or did it just not work with a 4 blade head?

@ Fung - If you're going to display advertisement photos of the fan tail on a EC-135 with a 4 blade head, then you are promoting that the fan tail will work with a 4 blade head.
You must fully test the fan tail with a 4 blade head, to make absolute sure that it will work, and then recommend the required motor, ESC, and pinion that works best.
If it will not work with ha 4 blade head, then you should not display it with a 4 blade head. And, you must put a disclaimer in your advertisement that it is not suitable for a multi blade head.
BlackTitanium is offline Find More Posts by BlackTitanium
Old Jan 18, 2010, 10:33 AM
Golden Gulf Coast
Joined Jul 2002
10,201 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTitanium View Post
@ Boyd - Did the fan not work at all, or did it just not work with a 4 blade head?
Only tested with a four blade head on the premise that anyone paying $129.00USD for a fenestron/tailfan is not likely to opt for a two blade head. To the best of my knowledge, no full size heli with a fenestron has a two blade head and for sure has no flybar. This was my thinking at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackTitanium View Post
@ Fung - If you're going to display advertisement photos of the fan tail on a EC-135 with a 4 blade head, then you are promoting that the fan tail will work with a 4 blade head.
You must fully test the fan tail with a 4 blade head, to make absolute sure that it will work, and then recommend the required motor, ESC, and pinion that works best.
If it will not work with ha 4 blade head, then you should not display it with a 4 blade head. And, you must put a disclaimer in your advertisement that it is not suitable for a multi blade head.
Sorta supports my reply above. Agree with you 100% BT. I will report results as soon as I have the V2 from Fung.

Cheers - Boyd
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:26 PM
Yorshire. UK
Joined Jul 2006
206 Posts
fenestro tail.

There's a bloke on a German heli forum(rc-heli.de) has designed his own fenestron, his forum name is heliroland. The hub is slightly like the heliartist one but looks a little smaller. It has no shroud so is fixed directly to the boom and tail blades are slim, more scale like and it actully fits inside the tail ring of the fuselage and not on the edge like the heliartist one!!! It fits the align ec 135 or similar fuselages that have 90mm tail ring opening. the heliartist v1 tail fan did not fit into my align fuselage so the heliartist one must be about 1 or 2mm bigger, that how close it was to not quite fitting. Iv'e adapted mine to a tailcase and have just started to do some test flights . I may do a thread on it later.
Anyway here are some pictures of helirolands fenestron, also he has flying video on youtube with copterx 4 blades head in which he is doing his final testing and then maybe in about 6 weeks or so going to start production of his fenestron.
PHIL.H is offline Find More Posts by PHIL.H
Last edited by PHIL.H; Jan 21, 2010 at 12:29 PM. Reason: added more text
Old Jan 21, 2010, 12:58 PM
Yorshire. UK
Joined Jul 2006
206 Posts
Fenestron tail

I joined this group just so i could follow the thread. It looks like its the most successful 450 size fenestron to date or at least what iv'e seen so far. He started with a 2 blade head then went on to the copterx 4 blade.If you put heliroland in youtube he will come up and he's got 3 videos of it flying, 2 with 2 blade head and 1 video with 4 blade head. He says he will not put it to production until he has got it perfect! He says when it available it will be sold as to preference for the buyer i.e. for either 2 blade head or 4 blade head so he must have some type of speed up gearing developed for it. Also it can be adapated for diferent models i.e. mini titan has 14mm boom where as trex boom is 12 mm. So its looking promising soo far. The only problem is the forum is in German and the google toolbar translater doesn't translate every word quite the same so some posts are confusing and some words are un-translatable to english.

The forum = rc-heli.de THREAD = it flies EC 135 for T-rex with Fenestron.

regards Phil.
Last edited by PHIL.H; Jan 21, 2010 at 01:06 PM. Reason: added text
Old Jan 21, 2010, 01:28 PM
Yorshire. UK
Joined Jul 2006
206 Posts
Fenestron tail

These are the only other ones i can find on his thread, (Helirolands T-rex in align ec 135 with fenestron).

regards Phil