HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 27, 2011, 10:20 AM
Lost but making good time
Joined Nov 2008
1,345 Posts
Paul,

Nice work...That plane has so much potential for so many different training agendas. The fact that it has a high prop position and a mid wing position can make it do a lot of things with a little "Yankee Ingenuity".

Regards,

Hankg
hankg is offline Find More Posts by hankg
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 04, 2011, 12:13 PM
belgium-europa
Joined Nov 2009
58 Posts
this is mine

hi!

this is mine...
2204 kv motor from bidproducts,
7*3,5 prop gws
11,1v 20c lipo 800ma.

some building pics....
beemer-san is offline Find More Posts by beemer-san
Old Dec 04, 2011, 03:10 PM
Got Foam?
United States, TN, Greeneville
Joined Sep 2011
279 Posts
Sweet looking Depron EzFly

I like the way you added a little extra height above the wing for the motor mount. Looks like it will really handle extra abuse.
Nutballs on skis in the background look cool too. Kinda like looking at a pic of my mancave.
mjcmyers is online now Find More Posts by mjcmyers
Old Dec 05, 2011, 01:31 PM
belgium-europa
Joined Nov 2009
58 Posts
thanks....:-)

i'm always pleased when someone like the way i build it...everebody has his own way to build something and at the end you have a mix off all the better things to build your own version of that plane.

"Looks like it will really handle extra abuse."- sorry, i do not understand what you mean by that.
i'm a dutchman from belgium, europe and my english is n't so good. i'm sorry.

about all the models you saw on the pics...was just my living room. ( i don't go to show you my own cave and others....so many models to store, so little space in the house, always a problem! ;-(

greetz!
beemer-san is offline Find More Posts by beemer-san
Old Dec 05, 2011, 01:42 PM
RC Adddict
Canada, BC, Williams Lake
Joined Jan 2010
4,170 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer-san View Post

"Looks like it will really handle extra abuse."- sorry, i do not understand what you mean by that.
i'm a dutchman from belgium, europe and my english is n't so good. i'm sorry.
He Means It looks Strong and will Handle Crashes well

Hij bedoelt het sterk eruit ziet en zal goed handvat Crashes

Wilfor is online now Find More Posts by Wilfor
Old Dec 05, 2011, 04:55 PM
Got Foam?
Joined Sep 2011
279 Posts
Thanks for defining that for me :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfor View Post
He Means It looks Strong and will Handle Crashes well

Hij bedoelt het sterk eruit ziet en zal goed handvat Crashes

Thanks for the definition...
Old Dec 08, 2011, 06:37 PM
Got Foam?
Joined Sep 2011
279 Posts
Has anyone built a smaller version of this plane in DT foam board?
I really like to fly my original built out of XPS foam, I'm just thinkin' a 22" or so would be great for flying in front of the house...
Old Dec 18, 2011, 05:25 PM
Got Foam?
Joined Sep 2011
279 Posts
Motorhead, What plane did get for your daughter after she mastered the EzFly?

I have been teaching myself to fly for the past few months and had not had any success until I built this plane. Now I'm looking for the next step in my flying...

Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Old Jan 16, 2012, 11:57 PM
My dog ate my airplane
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Dec 2008
201 Posts
After a couple months of dabbling on building an EZ Fly to teach my 6 year old son how to fly, I'm finally almost ready for a maiden flight. My mods include FFF because that's what I had in the garage and extending the nose 1.5" to help get the CG right, but it still seems tail heavy to me. I probably won't get to flying it until the weekend, so I'll find out then if it's too tail heavy to fly properly?

Scott
sredlin is offline Find More Posts by sredlin
Old Jan 17, 2012, 04:11 PM
Got Foam?
Joined Sep 2011
279 Posts
Here's a look at my second EzFly.
Check my blog for more...
Old Jan 20, 2012, 12:52 AM
Owner Billet Works Designs
Arlington, Texas
Joined Jun 2006
48 Posts
Here's the pair I built. My daughters is ret with an exceed 300. I'm running a gens ace 1500 2s and its balanced pretty well. If the wind drops this weekend she wants to take it out...shes 5

Mine is 75% with no poly, tapered ailerons, and a bw1700 running on gens ace 450 2s packs....and man is it a great flying lil bird!!! Very fast, acrobatic, and on rails!

Don
Alumitex is offline Find More Posts by Alumitex
Old Jan 25, 2012, 06:43 AM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,895 Posts
I have added the latest set of instructions to the first post.
Mike
Fancyfoam
motorhead is online now Find More Posts by motorhead
Old Jan 25, 2012, 05:11 PM
My dog ate my airplane
Joined Dec 2008
201 Posts
Instructions, I didn't know there was instructions? Kidding, mine is modified slightly anyway, and simple enough to build without instructions, so thanks for the great plans.

I've had a couple of flights now, and I'm using a 3s 800mah battery, which makes it feel way overpowered if I go anything over roughly 60%. Of course my build is 6mm FFF without the KF wing step, so maybe it's a bit lighter than the EPP airframes? I'll probably set a throttle limit with the radio, before I let my 6 year old son fly it on his own, and it'll be fine, it's fun for me now though. Thanks again for great plans.
Old Mar 01, 2012, 04:56 PM
United States, FL, Bradenton
Joined Jan 2012
305 Posts
Electrical question?

Hey guys I have 6 extra new Zippy 1300 15C 2 cell batteries that I ordered by mistake (needed 3C) for another build and was wondering if they would work if I built a Funfly trainer or are they too heavy?

If they would work would I need to change any components from the recommended list on the website? Prop?

Looks like a nice bullet-proof trainer to learn on in our small local baseball field.

Thanks.
overmyhead is online now Find More Posts by overmyhead
Old Mar 01, 2012, 11:04 PM
My dog ate my airplane
Joined Dec 2008
201 Posts
Overmyhead,

I would think those 1300 2s packs would work for an EZ Fly build but the extra weight might limit it to outdoor flying because heavier airplanes need to fly faster. Alumitex, just a couple posts above says he is using a 1500 2s in the EZ Fly he built for his 5 year old daughter, so your packs should work just fine. Also the EZ Fly design can get tail heavy if you're not careful when building. So those heavier packs could be useful in getting the balance point correct versus a smaller lighter pack which may require adding nose weight that serves no other purpose than reaching a proper balance point. At least a larger mah pack will give you more flight time versus a smaller pack with dead weight for balance. Good luck with your build, it's a fun and durable plane.

Scott