HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 16, 2010, 08:23 AM
Joined Mar 2009
30 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dekan View Post
About 40% usually works for me
Thanks, Dekan. I'll add it this weekend & see what she thinks.
BT
Ditch Err is offline Find More Posts by Ditch Err
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 16, 2010, 09:11 AM
BANG IT!!!
United States, PA, Bellefonte
Joined Dec 2007
12,327 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy JFlyer View Post
That's GPW's BluAlbacord. At 80% for smaller indoor flyer. I was with Don aka bz1mcr, at an indoor session and that little plane is just an awesome flyer. I built mine at 100% and that thing was a great parkjet.
Here's the latest thread.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=372912
Definitely a recommended build. Very simple.
AH... I have seen this before but I am not a builder of the FFF, this EPP version is looking good!
Thanks
Ron
DaOldGuy is offline Find More Posts by DaOldGuy
Old Mar 16, 2010, 09:20 AM
For us He died, in me He lives
United States, MI, Saint Clair Shores
Joined Dec 2008
5,118 Posts
Yeah, and he has the throws on that guy at like a 1/4" or less. Very mild set up. He is actually going to let it be used as a trainer. Very tame and stable for that style of build. When he launches it he just tosses it like a paper airplane and she glides real nice. Then just hit the go juice & off she goes.
Jimmy JFlyer is offline Find More Posts by Jimmy JFlyer
Old Mar 17, 2010, 03:14 PM
Micro Flyer "Q"
United States, MD, Silver Spring
Joined Sep 2003
1,411 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
My daughter started to show some interest in flying with me so I decided that sh needed a plane that would not let her fail.

My requirements were:
Durable
Easily fixed
pusher to protect the motor
Darn near fly it self
Cute, she is a girl so it has to be cute.

What I came up with is the easy fly dragon and it flys great. It is rudder, elevator control but I have the ailerons mixed in so she can turn with either stick. With a little up elevator trim and shallow turns you do not even have to hold up elevator. To take off just advance the throttle and it will lift off on its own. It is still fun to fly as it will loop and barrel roll.
Correct CG is between 3.5" and 4" from the leading edge.

While I was drafting it up I went ahead and made a boy version in the form of a WWII bomber. It would be easy to put a couple of military stickers on it after painting grey along with some nose art printed on paper and glued on.
Thanks to Mikebergy for converting it to PDF for me.
Mike
Lovely looking and excellent flyer that appears to be as close to 100% crash proof as masterfully demonstrated by "Jesse the Destroyer" when he flew it. I have a notion this model may be destined to become a classic and inexpensive trainer.

I will have to cut one up and put it together for my nephew, which BTW, flies almost as good as Jesse...
qban_flyer is offline Find More Posts by qban_flyer
Old Mar 17, 2010, 08:23 PM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,921 Posts
I took my daughter to fly last night but she was too shy to fly in front of the "guys". I did fly it a little my self. Now I need to order a few different props and see if I can find a better one. I am thinking of adding this one to the kits I produce. What do you guys think? $25 + $5 for the carbon bits.
Mike
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
Old Mar 17, 2010, 08:41 PM
Micro Flyer "Q"
Joined Sep 2003
1,411 Posts
Quote:
I took my daughter to fly last night but she was too shy to fly in front of the "guys". I did fly it a little my self. Now I need to order a few different props and see if I can find a better one. I am thinking of adding this one to the kits I produce. What do you guys think? $25 + $5 for the carbon bits.Mike
LMK when and where to send my $$$; I'd probably take two of them.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 10:45 PM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,921 Posts
I should have this on the site tomorrow.
Mike
Old Mar 18, 2010, 05:30 AM
For us He died, in me He lives
United States, MI, Saint Clair Shores
Joined Dec 2008
5,118 Posts
Hey Mike... is there any incidence in the wing? or is it 0 with the thrust line?
Thx
Jimmy
Jimmy JFlyer is offline Find More Posts by Jimmy JFlyer
Old Mar 18, 2010, 11:42 AM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,921 Posts
I just left everything 0-0. It seems to work best with the flat plate foamys.
Mike
Old Mar 18, 2010, 12:36 PM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,475 Posts
motorhead
what do you recomend for a motor and speed control

rich
rcrich is offline Find More Posts by rcrich
Old Mar 18, 2010, 05:54 PM
John 3:16
Dom. Rep.
Joined May 2003
3,825 Posts
I have a BW 1300, 8X6 prop, 2s 1300mah lipos and 12a plush esc. It is all working great! I would suggest the BW1500, 7X6 prop with the rest of the stuff the same (I didn't have the BW1500).
Daddy-O
Daddy-O is offline Find More Posts by Daddy-O
Old Mar 18, 2010, 07:27 PM
When pigs fly rc
USA, NY, Chester
Joined Apr 2008
2,475 Posts
I happen to have 2 sheets of 6mm epp do you think its thick enough for this build or can I double it up?
rcrich is offline Find More Posts by rcrich
Old Mar 18, 2010, 08:34 PM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,921 Posts
You might want to add a KF section to the leading edge of the wing but other than that you will probably be ok. It is not made to fly fast. If needed you can always add some carbon bracing later.
Mike
Old Mar 18, 2010, 10:50 PM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,921 Posts
I threw a EzFly together tonight. I wanted to check my fit with the tabs. Man the thing went together fast. I used hot glue for everything but the hinges which got welders.
I also made a page for it so kits are for sale now on my web site. It is the same as the plans except for the tabs. I do need to update the plans though. I found that I made the slot for the motor stick 1/4" too long. I will update them as soon as I can figure out the PDF software I have.
Mike
www.midwestfoamplanes.com
Old Mar 19, 2010, 02:29 AM
Micro Flyer "Q"
Joined Sep 2003
1,411 Posts
Quote:
I threw a EzFly together tonight. I wanted to check my fit with the tabs. Man the thing went together fast. I used hot glue for everything but the hinges which got welders.
I also made a page for it so kits are for sale now on my web site. It is the same as the plans except for the tabs. I do need to update the plans though. I found that I made the slot for the motor stick 1/4" too long. I will update them as soon as I can figure out the PDF software I have.
Mike
www.midwestfoamplanes.com
Went to the web page. Three prices are given, "Bare foam kit $25", "EzFly Kit Unpainted | $20.00", and "EzFly hardware kit | $4.00"...

Though it may seem obvious to most, I am thoroughly confused as to what to order.