HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 09, 2011, 11:37 AM
Registered FFF Addict
Grand Junction, Colorado
Joined Dec 2007
2,930 Posts
Chargers are usually rated at there max rate not their only rate. Chgargers taper off as the battery nears full charge and ya I did see where the didn't recommend using on batteries under 1000mah, but unless that is really a poor quality charger it should work fine. Anyway I wouldn't buy one either with that recombination. OK Not simple and cheap... Take a look at this one.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dyc-1004.html
larryross is offline Find More Posts by larryross
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 09, 2011, 01:35 PM
United States, WA, Mukilteo
Joined Dec 2010
150 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryross View Post
Chargers are usually rated at there max rate not their only rate. Chgargers taper off as the battery nears full charge and ya I did see where the didn't recommend using on batteries under 1000mah, but unless that is really a poor quality charger it should work fine. Anyway I wouldn't buy one either with that recombination. OK Not simple and cheap... Take a look at this one.

http://www.hobbypartz.com/60p-dyc-1004.html
Thanks, that one looks a whole lot better! I now have everything I need minus some welders glue.
blackboots1337 is offline Find More Posts by blackboots1337
Old Sep 11, 2011, 09:31 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Jul 2011
29 Posts
Started the build for my EzFly (All i can say is : this is gonna be huge!!!!! )

Here is a few pictures of the wing and the Fuse Parts On my wifes Crysler 300 and in my garage door Thinking i am gonna need a bigger motor

Wing weight is approx 460 grams alone.. still need to sand the leading edge... the two fuse parts are 66.3 grams each. Just started cutting out the main fuse part

Lol back to drawing and cutting
Raizinmoon is offline Find More Posts by Raizinmoon
Last edited by Raizinmoon; Sep 12, 2011 at 04:05 AM.
Old Sep 12, 2011, 03:26 AM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Jul 2011
29 Posts
Here is the fuselage weighing in at 363 grams 130 am time for bed
Old Sep 12, 2011, 03:03 PM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,886 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackboots1337 View Post
That charger outputs at 1.2amps, and they recommend not charging under 1000mAh. Most batteries that are light enough are below 500mAh, and thats above the C rating for the discharge rate, and its not recommended to charger faster than the discharge.

As far as I know that charger is a little too simple. Thanks though, hopefully Im not completely wrong but that's just the research I have done.
Depends on the battery. The hyperion batteries that I sell can be charged at 5C.
Mike
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
Old Sep 13, 2011, 02:41 AM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Jul 2011
29 Posts
Another night down the fuse is glue'n and almost 1 am again total weight so far no electronics 858g as close as i can tell by adding all the parts together
Old Sep 15, 2011, 03:08 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Jul 2011
29 Posts
CG issues

I have completely confused myself with the CG. I have attatched a screenshot for a cg calculator and a picture of the completed plane.

I have it set at approx 8 inches which is the neutral point but if i move it to the cg point i need almost 400 grams of weight to acheive CG.

can someone please help me with this dilemma Thank You--Raizin
Old Sep 15, 2011, 03:10 PM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Jul 2011
29 Posts
picture of the nuetral point and where it says the CG should be
Old Sep 15, 2011, 06:50 PM
Lost but making good time
Joined Nov 2008
1,345 Posts
Raizinmoon,

Don't come through the computer screen and rip my throat out when I ask this question...my D.I. told me the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked...Have you done a C.G. check with all of the equipment taped in place and see where the plane actually balances at a point 25-30% in from the leading edge.

Regards,

Hankg
hankg is offline Find More Posts by hankg
Old Sep 15, 2011, 07:51 PM
United States, WA, Mukilteo
Joined Dec 2010
150 Posts
Hey guys, I am in the process of building my EzFly here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2#post19329190

I am way in over my head, if you guys that are subscribed to this thread could share your knowledge and help me that would be most appreciated.

~Blackboots
blackboots1337 is offline Find More Posts by blackboots1337
Old Sep 16, 2011, 10:30 AM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Jul 2011
29 Posts
it balances at the Neutral Point not where it says the CG should be which is 3 inches foraward
Old Sep 16, 2011, 01:10 PM
Foamy Scratchbuilder
Finland, Pirkanmaa, TRE
Joined May 2011
187 Posts
I just build a EzFly for a friend of mine who is getting into RC flying Hes got couple of minutes of flight time with my BYOB, and he decided that he wanted a plane of his own. I got all the parts lying around I cutted, glued and set the plane up today and even took her out for a maiden flew wuite nice, but I still need to fix few things before I can give it to my friend: GC (too tailheavy), pitch (too little even when tailheavy) and yaw (too much, makes the plane go out of control).

But its a really nice plane and after Iv got it all tweeked out I think it will make a great first plane for my friend
EraJomppa is offline Find More Posts by EraJomppa
Old Sep 16, 2011, 01:17 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1,345 Posts
Raizinmoon,

How wide is the wing where it meets the fusalage (Root Chord) and how much distance is there between the rear of the wing (trailing edge) and the leading edge of the horizontal stabilizer? I'm thinking the distance should be approximately the wings width (Root Chord) minus (.1 times the Root Chord).

Example: if the Root Chord is 10" then the distance between the wings trailing edge and the horizontal stabilizer's leading edge should be should be 10" - (.1 times 10) or 9" If this distance on your plane is greater than this proportion it would explain the problem with getting the C.G. correct. The lever arm between the tail assembly and the C.G. would be to long and move the C.G. back proportionately.

Look at the 24x36 PDF on page 1 for a picture of the plane...top view, and proportions. Just a hunch since I don't have a full top view of your plane. I may be incorrect though...got to go.

Regards,

Hankg
Last edited by hankg; Sep 16, 2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old Sep 17, 2011, 11:02 AM
United States, CA, Ukiah
Joined Jul 2011
29 Posts
Thanks hankg
I finally got it and it is at the neutral point which must be the CG also- - - BUT IT FLEW alittle bit of trim - alittle bit of throttle - and it flew i will try to figure out how to post a video of the flight thru You tube when we get back from the car show here today and a picture of the top view You All Rock HERE!!!
Old Sep 18, 2011, 12:23 PM
Joined Nov 2008
1,345 Posts
Raizinmoon.

Good going!!

You and EraJomppa should check in with Blackboots a few threads back...(Complete Beginner (first build..first stage). He's building the EZyfly...first build for him on his way to FPV flying and he's coming along very well with it. Exchanging experience with the same plane, especially on a first build is invaluable.

Regards,

Hankg
Last edited by hankg; Sep 18, 2011 at 04:31 PM. Reason: sentence structure