Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 18, 2010, 08:38 PM
old foamie
Joined Oct 2007
606 Posts
I finally got around to scratching up one of my ideas using the bomber version of the Ezfly. I just traced over a single sheet print out of your plans ,and tweaked it here and there, and with some paint it wouldn't look to bad. A Waco glider would be easier, and they had some with twin engines on .
old foamie is offline Find More Posts by old foamie
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 19, 2010, 01:40 AM
I Love My Ember!
Arroyo Grande, CA
Joined Jun 2008
1,099 Posts
As far as my dad was able to get yesterday. He won't have a day off again for a few days, so I'll get more progress pics when that happens.

All of the parts fit pretty well on a 24x36 sheet of EPP. We are thinking of extending the rear part of the upper fuselage back to the rudder so it is all one piece, so the build can be assembled in the same manner as most other crutch-type profile planes.
mikebergy is offline Find More Posts by mikebergy
Old Feb 19, 2010, 04:38 PM
Joined Mar 2009
30 Posts
motorhead, I want to say thanks for the plans. I'm just getting my wife into flying & thought this was the perfect plane.
All I have left is the paint & mount the gear!
BW motor
10amp esc
7X3.5 prop
SG-50 servos
2s 500mah batt.
Ditch Err is offline Find More Posts by Ditch Err
Old Feb 19, 2010, 04:40 PM
I Love My Ember!
Arroyo Grande, CA
Joined Jun 2008
1,099 Posts
Very nice, I hope my dad's comes out just as clean!
Old Feb 19, 2010, 10:42 PM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,872 Posts
Looks good. Thank you for the kind words. Cannot wait to see it all dressed up. I hope to add it to my line up soon.
Mike
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
Old Feb 22, 2010, 10:34 AM
Joined Mar 2009
30 Posts
I the got paint & gear on, as you can tell my wife is a U of I Vandal fan . AUW is 7.8oz with a 2s 500.Heres a few pictures, I'll post more when she gets a chance to fly it.
BT
Old Feb 22, 2010, 02:02 PM
Dacula, GA
Joined Feb 2008
3,745 Posts
I need to build one of these. My 6 year old daughter says she wants me to build her something easy to fly. I was thinking of a Parkzone BNF small plane but those only fly outside when it's really calm. This looks much better being a pusher. Kinda like that frog plane someone sells online but this one is free! Love the dragon theme, I think she will like that a lot.
rpstar is offline Find More Posts by rpstar
Old Feb 22, 2010, 05:47 PM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,330 Posts
Great idea and very neat Mike!

Ken
dz1sfb is online now Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Feb 28, 2010, 05:23 PM
Joined Mar 2009
30 Posts
We finally had some good weather, so LT maidened the EzFly. First off "the taxi" extremely maneuverable. Second "the launch" took off very easy except I had too much up elev trim, so she brought it back down & I adjusted. Third "the flight" very floaty easy to maneuver with D/R @ 40%. Fourth "the landing" a little bit rough but all came out good with no prop to worry about. This was LT's first flight with RC planes, she thought it was quite easy (I told her it was the plane, that didn,t go over so well). So again thanks for the plans, the plane is everything you said it would be!
Old Mar 01, 2010, 12:29 AM
I Love My Ember!
Arroyo Grande, CA
Joined Jun 2008
1,099 Posts
My dad got all the foam parts cut yesterday. He is experiencing the learning curve that is cutting foam. hehe. I gave him a few pointers, then he cut, and said my knife was dull. I took the knife from him, made a few nice clean cuts with the same knife... He's learning. My OCD self is having a hard time letting him do all the work.
Old Mar 01, 2010, 04:02 AM
Slipping the Surly Bonds
Attica, MI
Joined Dec 2006
10,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebergy View Post
...My OCD self is having a hard time letting him do all the work.
LOL

I hear you and feel your pain! Still laughing

Ken
dz1sfb is online now Find More Posts by dz1sfb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mini H Quad Project
Old Mar 02, 2010, 01:43 AM
jclassic1
New Houghton, Derbyshire, UK
Joined May 2006
1,382 Posts
Nice plane,just right for my tired old eyes.Would it be ok built with 6mm depron ,thats all I have at the moment.

John
jclassic1 is offline Find More Posts by jclassic1
Old Mar 02, 2010, 03:20 PM
Kansas, USA
Joined Sep 1999
3,872 Posts
Looks like you guys are going to have fun with this one.
6MM depron should be fine. Years ago I built something similar out of fanfold for a friend.
Mike
motorhead is offline Find More Posts by motorhead
Old Mar 04, 2010, 09:37 PM
Foamaholic
Northern California
Joined Feb 2010
201 Posts
So I am new to this, which will be apparent by the stupid question I am gonna ask. Is that a "Pusher prop" mounted on there. Where and how do I find the correct style prop?? Stupid questions I know but most props I've looked at do not indicate if they are pushers or not. Maybe a brief explination could help a newbe out. Thanks..

Something like these?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idproduct=8044

or

http://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id...5&pid=A3918191
Mayday~Mayday is offline Find More Posts by Mayday~Mayday
Last edited by Mayday~Mayday; Mar 04, 2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old Mar 04, 2010, 09:54 PM
John 3:16
Dom. Rep.
Joined May 2003
3,825 Posts
Mayday, you can use a regular prop on these. You just need to make sure that the lettering / numbering faces the front. If you do get a pusher prop, you need to make sure the lettering faces the rear of the plane. I think most of us use a regular prop and put the letters/numbers facing forwards.
Daddy-O
Daddy-O is offline Find More Posts by Daddy-O