SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by sunderll, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Jan 12, 2010, 01:30 PM
Daytona Beach, Florida
Joined Nov 2006
136 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
For Sale
Great Planes DC-3 project

Hello all, I am selling my damaged DC-3. If anyone has good repair skills, this one isn't that bad. I've rebuilt many planes far more severly damaged. I just don't have time now. I've attached a file showing the plane. The motors/harness, and speed control are included. The motors have bent shafts. The receiver, battery and servos are not. Thanks for your interest!

Here is the Ebay link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MESELX:IT
sunderll is offline Find More Posts by sunderll
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2010, 05:31 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,788 Posts
Trader Rating: 78
$140 shipping??
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:17 PM
Daytona Beach, Florida
Joined Nov 2006
136 Posts
Trader Rating: 3
Will check

The shipping calculator is often innacurate. I will check carefully, then state a firm amount. I shipped a 50 pound 6 foot long rowing machine in two boxes last year for about $60 total. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!!
sunderll is offline Find More Posts by sunderll
Old Jan 12, 2010, 07:34 PM
Kool Kats Fly RC!! AMA 30462
United States, CA, Baywood-Los Osos
Joined Feb 2009
2,788 Posts
Trader Rating: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunderll View Post
The shipping calculator is often innacurate. I will check carefully, then state a firm amount. I shipped a 50 pound 6 foot long rowing machine in two boxes last year for about $60 total. Thanks for bringing this to my attention!!
I thought it didn't look right. I have nearly 300 ebay trans, and if you don't know already; ebay's shipping calculators are notoriously inaccurate. Most sellers use the flat-rate shipping option because of that and just hope for the best; also, shipping via paypal is overly expensive to sellers and buyers both, (they always have to get their piece of the action). USPS is the cheapest shipper out there, measure the box, weigh it and go to USPS's website and get a quote, it will invariably be different, (and lower), than ebay's estimate. I would expect an actual shipping cost on your airplane to be well under $50 to the lower 48; I've shipped guitars from west coast to east coast in hard cases for under $70. I'm interested and "watching" your auction, good luck!
sonny1 is offline Find More Posts by sonny1