HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 24, 2010, 03:04 AM
France, Auvergne, Lapalisse
Joined Dec 2005
940 Posts
try the yahoo hobbycnc group that came with your invoice when you payed for your hobbycnc board.
i get all my questions answered there.
what is your loge in name i will keep a kook out for you and if i can help i will. i think that most get there emails answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EINA View Post
Except that they've never answered my e-mail, with a question or two about theur products
dpot is offline Find More Posts by dpot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2011, 12:27 PM
What was that...
UK
Joined Nov 2009
2,110 Posts
subscribed...
StealthWorkx is offline Find More Posts by StealthWorkx
Old Mar 12, 2011, 07:14 PM
Joined Dec 2010
1 Posts
PErsonal Experience with TJZoide / DevFus Foam / Profili V2

I have been watching the reports of different programs with extreme interest. I purchased all three of the software packages that are the topic of my post and I thought I would share what I have found.

Profili V2 and DevFus Foam are from the same company and both work pretty well. The results have been very positive. My only problem with this software has been the learning curve. I have not been able to find a tutorial on these anywhere. This leaves the user on a voyage of discovery which is sometimes fun but frequently frustrating. The output of both of these products is GCode so you need something like Mach3 to proceed. I have that software so there have not been any issues.

TJZoide is a great design program and on the screen the results are fantastic. There are numerous tutorials on how to use the features. The unfortunate part is that I have not been able to get any fuse sections produced. The problem is that the software is a direct to CNC router structure which will not properly drive my table. Although there are settings for adapting to differing table structures, the software is woefully inadequate in this area. The solution would be to stop after creating the design and output GCode instead of trying to drive the table.

Now before I get jumped on for my opinion, be aware that I am not a newcomer to CNC tables. I have designed and built four of them (all different) and with the use of Mach 3, made every one of these tables work flawlessly. There are so many variables in CNC including motor steps per turn, turns per inch, acceleration of the motors, resonance problems and a whole host of others. The people who make Mach3 have been doing this for a long time and truly understand the field. My suggestion is to let Mach3 or some other appropriate table driver do the heavy lifting.

No, I don't have stock in Mach3 but I do stand by my opinion and hope that it helps somebody create some great aircraft.

BCox5351
Higganum, CT
BCox5351 is offline Find More Posts by BCox5351
Old Mar 12, 2011, 11:18 PM
South - Africa
Joined Nov 2007
232 Posts
BCox5351, first I have to admit that my experience are very limited but I did build a machine and had a few nice cuts. I started of with foamworks and cad works, why use a lot of programs when one could do. But after trying some funny experiments, on foam and some other machines and after a lot of reading I came to realise that what you said is true. A program to design and one to drive the table, I'm using EMC.

I am not in a position to say that this program is better than that or EMC is better than Mach , I believe its for personnel taste.
EINA is offline Find More Posts by EINA
Old Mar 19, 2011, 04:21 AM
Joined Dec 2005
940 Posts
profili pro and mach3

i use profili pro and mach3 for the price it is pretty good
Mach2 setup.mp4 (4 min 15 sec)
Old Jan 14, 2012, 07:06 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1 Posts
Dear Fred, what card I use in Tjzoide. This software works with the board Cenece c4?
eduardo praciano is offline Find More Posts by eduardo praciano
Old Mar 12, 2012, 12:53 PM
Republika Slovenija
Joined Apr 2007
2 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpot View Post
i use profili pro and mach3 for the price it is pretty good
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LO7omUiwqVI

hi!!

i Have also Mach3 and i want to know how you confugure an program and haw you make 2 difrent profiles (profile 1 on X1 and Y2 and profile 2 on X2 and Y2) ??

can you help me ??
dinko is offline Find More Posts by dinko
Old Mar 12, 2012, 01:43 PM
Joined Jul 2006
116 Posts
I use Profili and dev fus foam togther with Mach 3...these programes create if required, 4 axis gcode and then mach 3 drives the motors accordingly
jregholdsworth is offline Find More Posts by jregholdsworth
Old Mar 12, 2012, 06:31 PM
United States, AZ, Surprise
Joined Jul 2002
404 Posts
dpot,
Hi, I'm trying to get Mach3 to work cutting foam. Loaded GCode from Profili,
it looks like it all works with th exception of the Z Axis DRO not working. It sits there
stuck to zero. X, Y, 4axis all indicate that it working. Can you think of where I'm
messing up???
Also, where did you get the Mach3 screen used for foam cutting???? I like
that alot!!!
If anyone has some suggestions to make this work, all help will greatly
appreciated.
John
jcyr1 is offline Find More Posts by jcyr1
Old Mar 13, 2012, 12:05 AM
Joined Jul 2002
404 Posts
Got Mach3 to work!!!! Had the wrong input going to "Z".
Tried the screen set that dpot uses, but I only get parts of it
Guess I'll take a break and try again tomorrow.
John
Old Mar 14, 2012, 12:55 PM
EDF rules... :)
Joined Nov 1999
13,648 Posts
John,

IIRC you have kin in South Houston?

Eric B.
AirX is online now Find More Posts by AirX
Old Mar 14, 2012, 01:52 PM
Joined Jul 2002
404 Posts
Eric B. Did...... Mike took a new position in Columbus OH. John
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:32 PM
EDF rules... :)
Joined Nov 1999
13,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcyr1 View Post
Eric B. Did...... Mike took a new position in Columbus OH. John
Hi John, give him my regards, only met him a couple times but found him to be a good guy.

Cheers,
Eric B.
AirX is online now Find More Posts by AirX
Old Mar 14, 2012, 10:37 PM
Joined Jul 2002
404 Posts
Eric B. Will do!!!!
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined Dec 2005
940 Posts
when you use the export gcod in that drop down menu you can asine the letter for each drive steeper the norm for match screen set is X/Y A/B export your gcod and edit in word pad and you will see each drive letter in the line of code.

now in mach3 start a new setup use copy of match mill and name it MY CNC FOAM CUTER when it starts it will setup as 3axis mill all you have to do is change Z to A and add B.

hope this helps i am out of France at the moment and all my setup are on other computer when i get back will post vid on how to setup.