SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
View Poll Results: How may have received a bad, broken or fried their MSR 5in1 Mother board?
received a bad 5in1 1 33.33%
Broke their 5IN1 1 33.33%
fried their MSR 5in1 1 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Old Jan 12, 2010, 05:15 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,208 Posts
Poll
MSR 5in1 Mother board?

Just Curious
How may have received a bad, broken, or fried their MSR 5in1 Mother board?

Feel free to post your story: did you fix or replace, good price...
THANKS

I love my MSR but have been hearing post of availability shortage, is this something that should be considered a must have spare?
Hellysmack is offline Find More Posts by Hellysmack
Last edited by Hellysmack; Jan 12, 2010 at 05:23 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2010, 09:23 AM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
If I had a bad 5 in 1 board, I'd contact the LHS I bought it from or Horizon. There's very little I can imagine where this could be your fault, unless you flew into the toilet, or something like that.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jan 12, 2010, 09:49 AM
Too much is just not enough...
Joined Jan 2009
1,090 Posts
I had one that would not bind. It didn't start out bad, I didn't break it, and not sure if it counts as fried, so I didn't know where to vote.
Woody_99 is online now Find More Posts by Woody_99
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:48 AM
Austin TX
Joined Mar 2009
336 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balr14 View Post
If I had a bad 5 in 1 board, I'd contact the LHS I bought it from or Horizon. There's very little I can imagine where this could be your fault, unless you flew into the toilet, or something like that.
Mine wasn't fried when I received it, but became that way after I flew it into a couch pillow (!!) and the endcap came off the tail motor. The tail motor brushes apparently shorted out, causing a headless chicken dance and the smell of smoke escaping from electronics before I could grab it and unplug the battery.

After that, the (new) tail motor only ran at full speed. The LHS said contact Horizon. Horizon said tough .

I bought another MSR and kept that one for parts.

--Al Evans
al_evans is offline Find More Posts by al_evans
Old Jan 12, 2010, 11:58 AM
Joined Jan 2009
421 Posts
There should be another checkbox

x received good 5in1
Ronon is offline Find More Posts by Ronon
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:26 PM
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_evans View Post
Mine wasn't fried when I received it, but became that way after I flew it into a couch pillow (!!) and the endcap came off the tail motor. The tail motor brushes apparently shorted out, causing a headless chicken dance and the smell of smoke escaping from electronics before I could grab it and unplug the battery.

After that, the (new) tail motor only ran at full speed. The LHS said contact Horizon. Horizon said tough .

I bought another MSR and kept that one for parts.

--Al Evans
Damn, that's some real bad luck!
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:52 PM
we're all bozos on this bus
Columbus, Ohio
Joined Nov 2009
61 Posts
To make the poll a little more in perspective, it needs the answer; "D - no problems at all".
weirdjack is offline Find More Posts by weirdjack
Old Jan 13, 2010, 05:06 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody_99 View Post
I had one that would not bind. It didn't start out bad, I didn't break it, and not sure if it counts as fried, so I didn't know where to vote.
To cover all the bases I included
Received a bad board
They are very good at backing up their product, but it would be interesting to see what has slipped through
Old Jan 13, 2010, 05:14 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronon View Post
There should be another checkbox

x received good 5in1
You are right!

Is there a way to Edit POLL?
I CAN EDIT POST BUT THERE IS NO BUTTON FOR EDIT POLL
ANY IDEAS?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 05:20 AM
What package dear?
USA ILLINOIS
Joined Nov 2002
2,208 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdjack View Post
To make the poll a little more in perspective, it needs the answer; "D - no problems at all".
I feel stupid
I don’t see a way to change it.
We could just post: NO problems and much abuse and time are on your MSR.

I sent a request to Moderator
Sorry for being an air head
Last edited by Hellysmack; Jan 13, 2010 at 05:25 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2010, 02:07 PM
mild handycap ly ed
Victoria, BC- in Canada!
Joined Feb 2005
110 Posts
Well not an MSR but MCX rather-- basically the same thing in hardware. I have one right now I am trying to fix for a friend that likes to reset itself. It has some obvious bad work on the top side right beside the cypress IC,, there is 3 big blobs of solder on top of he test pads and the goop that they used to seal in the pins was applied really badly and just makes this one look like a kids electronic project!

If it were mine I would have sent it back asap,, but he didn't I guess instead bought 2 more, both of which bagged out in one way or another. Probably at least half pilot err,, but the above mentioned one was an eye opener! (for such an expensive little bit!)
jaydag77 is offline Find More Posts by jaydag77
Closed Thread