HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2010, 01:39 AM
Heli Basher
USA, MO, Kansas City
Joined Dec 2009
90 Posts
Question
micro-T gear pitch

does anybody know the pitch for the losi micro-t gears?
or possibly know of someone/somewhere i could get a custom drive belt made?

i'm working on a belt 4wd project and i don't know where to get a belt. i figured if i could find the pitch, then i could find a belt that would fit (possibly) or i could ask someone to custom-make me one (if i knew the pitch)
or i could just send them a spur gear and ask them to custom-make me a belt for it (last resort, if even an option)
Banana Jack is offline Find More Posts by Banana Jack
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 14, 2010, 06:39 PM
Ontario
Joined Sep 2004
223 Posts
Good luck with this- i looked for this info last summer and gave up on my 4wd planning. I've seen you around microt forum i think....lol
stona is offline Find More Posts by stona
Old Jan 26, 2010, 05:25 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
ill do some home work on it and report back ill do my best to try and help.
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak
Old Jan 26, 2010, 06:14 PM
Heli Basher
USA, MO, Kansas City
Joined Dec 2009
90 Posts
if you do find it, let me know. that would be amazingly awesome of you.
i emailed the 'home of the belt driven heli' but no word back. ugh.
Banana Jack is offline Find More Posts by Banana Jack
Old Jan 30, 2010, 04:20 PM
in memory of dez RIP
USA, FL, Fort Myers
Joined Jun 2008
2,493 Posts
dude this has to be the largest mystery on the net LOL i can not find it any where .
rcphreak is offline Find More Posts by rcphreak
Old Jan 30, 2010, 05:21 PM
USA, CA, Berkeley
Joined Mar 2005
281 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana Jack View Post
does anybody know the pitch for the losi micro-t gears?
or possibly know of someone/somewhere i could get a custom drive belt made?

i'm working on a belt 4wd project and i don't know where to get a belt. i figured if i could find the pitch, then i could find a belt that would fit (possibly) or i could ask someone to custom-make me one (if i knew the pitch)
or i could just send them a spur gear and ask them to custom-make me a belt for it (last resort, if even an option)

I have thought of doing this in the past and never got to it. But at the time I was looking at belts like this: http://www.gbaudio.co.uk/data/belts.htm and others for small electronics like parts from a old cassette player. First I think you need to find a belt that would work size wise and then hunt for matching pinion and gears. They make a bunch of pinions for micro helis that are the same motor shaft diameter like some of these: http://www.wowhobbies.com/brushlessmotors.aspx and you can find a lot of usefull gears to use inside old servos you might have laying around. I hope some of this info helps. Keep us updated and good luck.

Rich
FlyHeli? is offline Find More Posts by FlyHeli?