SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:23 AM
United States, UT, Tooele
Joined Oct 2002
1,672 Posts
Discussion
3DHS 62" Osiris Pattern Plane

There has been a lot of testing going on at the Jesky household as well as 3D HobbyShops, I finally feel that we are there and ready to release our new Pattern aircraft. As many that fly with me know that Pattern is my first choice of RC flying. So what better way but to bring that to the 3DHS crew as well as some of the pattern fliers around the world. I'm very excited about others flying this model as It has taken many revisions to get it just right but, now that we have it there its amazing.

Assembly: This is the most complete model to date that 3DHS has released. Myself, Larry Markey, and Lynn Morgan assembled 2 of these side by side in 4 hours. That was also taking a lunch break and just BS'ing around. Pretty amazing how far these models have come. On this model even the wheels, axles, and wheel pants mounted. All control horns are glued in, hinging needs to be done with the supplied CA hinges. Like all other 3DHS models, one side is already done for you. Everything fit amazing like it always does with 3DHS stuff.

The plane feels everybit as good a 2 meter competition pattern plane. I have been able to fly the model through all of the AMA classes with it as well as the new P-11 and F-11. Even in Rough air the model does not get bumped around. The model is also a very big plane for its size so it will be able to be flown at a good distance and give you that big airplane feel.

Servos: For my Osiris I have it outfitted with 3 Futaba 9650's, 2 on the Aileron's and 1 on the elevator. For the rudder we went to a full size servo and on my model I use the Futaba 9551 low profile servo. This has more than enough torque to allow the model to do tight knife edge loops.

Power Systems: With the help from a great bunch of people that I fly with we have been able to fly the model on the following batteries 4s6000mah (2 4s3000 parrellelled), 5s 3900 mah, 5s 5000 (My favorite size), 6s 5000. To get a good pattern feel we are ranging from 1300 watts up to 1500 watts. On 1500 Watts the airplane is a missle and has no problem doing one roll rolling loops with authority. On a 5s setup the motor of Choice for me is the A50-12S on 15x10 prop, this outputs about 1300 Watts at 70 Amps. With this setup on a Thunder Power 5S 3900 Mah pack the plane weighs in at 6 pounds 5 ounces. We have also tested out the Hacker A40-12L which on a 16x10 prop on the same battery puts out about 1500 watts. The cool thing about this motor is its lighter than the A50-12s. So with this motor and the 5S 3900 Mah pack its 6 pounds 2 oz RTF. On both of these models from testing we are putting back around 2600mah in a 6 minute flight.

We will have 2 color schemes in this plane. Both look stunning on the ground and in the air. The only change that will be is we will have tinted canopies instead of Silver painted ones. So Here it is......
Andrew Jesky is offline Find More Posts by Andrew Jesky
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:30 AM
May the Farce be with you...
Duncanville, Alabama. USA
Joined Dec 2006
8,475 Posts
You've been holding out on us...

Nice!

George
refugeefromcalif is offline Find More Posts by refugeefromcalif
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:32 AM
Joined Oct 2002
1,672 Posts
Yes I sure have, I have been very busy testing out this model.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:34 AM
The RED filters through
Rendon, TX
Joined Feb 2007
1,959 Posts
Choices for my next airplane just got more difficult.

But I'm not complaining!
RedTalon is offline Find More Posts by RedTalon
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:34 AM
Test your skills....fly IMAC!!
Swanton, Ohio
Joined Feb 2005
7,990 Posts
That is one sexy airplane. I love the cut back leading edges. I can't wait to get a pull on one.

Nice work Drew!!

Tim
sun.flyer is offline Find More Posts by sun.flyer
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:37 AM
Joined Oct 2002
1,672 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sun.flyer View Post
That is one sexy airplane. I love the cut back leading edges. I can't wait to get a pull on one.

Nice work Drew!!

Tim
Glad you noticed that, We worked hard on that to get the model to snap extremely well.
Old Jan 11, 2010, 10:38 AM
United States, TX, Houston
Joined Oct 2007
2,221 Posts
I'll take one, please!!
Captain Norway is offline Find More Posts by Captain Norway
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:03 AM
Tx
Joined Oct 2008
1,007 Posts
Fantastic. Looks great!
tjhawker is offline Find More Posts by tjhawker
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:05 AM
Msgt USAF C141B Loadsmasher
Centennial , Colorado
Joined Jun 2001
244 Posts
Awesome!
I Know what my next project is going to be
I've been waiting for a new pattern plane.
Any idea on the release date?
Jeff
Jeff Burg is offline Find More Posts by Jeff Burg
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:07 AM
USA, TX, Trophy Club
Joined May 2002
14,499 Posts
Very nice.....
pda4you is offline Find More Posts by pda4you
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:08 AM
Like a boss!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Sep 2007
1,755 Posts
Looks great! I could see dabbling in a little Pattern flying - I've already got the batteries, right?
AllBread is offline Find More Posts by AllBread
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:19 AM
United States, GA, Cumming
Joined Feb 2004
2,334 Posts
Looks great Andrew! Congrats.
EXTREME FLIGHT is offline Find More Posts by EXTREME FLIGHT
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 11, 2010, 11:38 AM
United States, PA, Lancaster
Joined Jun 2003
24,141 Posts
Quote:
Any idea on the release date?
ASAP. We have to get them built, and Chinese New Year will intervene. I'll post more details in this thread as they develop.

To expand a little on what AJ said, this plane is extremely quick and easy to assemble, with even more of the steps taken care of for you than usual, like control horn installation and landing gear assembly.

More to come!
blucor basher is offline Find More Posts by blucor basher
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:13 PM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by blucor basher View Post
ASAP. We have to get them built, and Chinese New Year will intervene. I'll post more details in this thread as they develop.

To expand a little on what AJ said, this plane is extremely quick and easy to assemble, with even more of the steps taken care of for you than usual, like control horn installation and landing gear assembly.

More to come!
Can we expect any of that additional assembly on
1. the 72" SC and other "new" versions of existing designs
or
2. only on completely new designs
or
3. just an experiment may not do the extra assembly on other planes

???

Thanks,

Mike
3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler
Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:16 PM